Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

why does the baby boomer generation suck so bad

is it just me?
    boomers suck sweaty balls
    talk about a peice of shit generation

they hate on millenials, before that they hated on gen-x
    no one is as smart and savy as they are
    no one has worked as hard as they have to achieve all the material wealth that they created for themselves
    they look down their snooty noses on everyone else

it's like they all had the chance to change the course of the country in 1969
    but someone said, hey if you all stop being stupid ass hippies trying to change the world
    we'll give you everything you want and create the most spoiled entiled generation possible
    dip shits should have kept course, but they all wanted material wealth, big houses, suburbs, and the chance to be selfrightous instead thinking like a community

these fuckers are running up the debt and draining the gov't dollars faster than you can say a couple trillion
    my favorite phrase they like to use, "but I worked for it, I paid in to they system, it's not like I'm taking something for free"

it'd be nice if they just shut the fuck up and get out of the way enjoying their golden years without shitting all over the rest of us

people in glass houses and all that

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    is it just me?

no one has worked as hard as they have to achieve all the material wealth that they created for themselves

but someone said, hey if you all stop being stupid ass hippies trying to change the world
    we'll give you everything you want and create the most spoiled entiled generation possible
    dip shits should have kept course, but they all wanted material wealth, big houses, suburbs, and the chance to be selfrightous instead thinking like a community

these fuckers are running up the debt and draining the gov't dollars faster than you can say a couple trillion
    my favorite phrase they like to use, "but I worked for it, I paid in to they system, it's not like I'm taking something for free"

it'd be nice if they just shut the fuck up and get out of the way enjoying their golden years without shitting all over the rest of us
    Are you sure you aren't confusing boomers with millennials?

really people in general

ff must have a nasty client

a good bong rip and a hike and he will perk up

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Are you sure you aren't confusing boomers with millennials?
    Just what in his description could be attributed to Millenials?

In most cultures elders are supposed to be a source of wisdom and stability. The boomers are collectively neither of those things.

lol

I swear that during the 2012 campaign they surveyed a bunch of senior citizens who overwhelmingly said they'd approve of cutting Social Security benefits to everyone else not yet retired inorder to increase their own Social Security benefits.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

the ages for social security need to be pushed back

Boomers ended the Vietnam war then said, that's it, were done. Time to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia and Israel LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the CAP for social security need to be pushed back
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I swear that during the 2012 campaign they surveyed a bunch of senior citizens who overwhelmingly said they'd approve of cutting Social Security benefits to everyone else not yet retired inorder to increase their own Social Security benefits.
    They protested Vietnam but collectively supported every war since, when they were too old to fight.

trump as a proxy for all baby boomers. brilliant

The core reason boomers suck is they cling to their glorious past and not realize how lucky they were. A misspent youth would not survive today. Fuck Classic Vinyl too.

is it just me?

How old are you?

Quite a wide brush you got there...more of a new age Republican issue (think Reagan, war on drugs, deregulation of banking, Iran Contra's...) than a whole generation issue...money always wins.

Millennials are narcissistic, entitled, spoiled crybabies. They'll never amount to anything.

Gen-X-ers are self-loathing apathetic cynics. They never amounted to anything.

Boomers are selfish hypocrites for selling out and becoming The Man.

The Greatest Generation was truly great. Unless you weren't white. Or male.

A century of stereotypes.

A general upbringing that never emphasized empathy and over weighed the concept of 'self-made' to the point of pathology; they never thought to reflect that collective societal improvements created the environment that brought them prosperity. When they surveyed what they "duly earned", completely ignoring that they stood on the shoulders of giants, and never saw past their own feet.

is it just me?

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Baby boomers have been a disaster for America, and Trump is their biggest mistake yet
    By Dana Milbank
    October 25, 2016

Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)
    Take the baby boomers. Please.

The idealists of the 1960s have come a long way from Woodstock. After a quarter- century of mismanaging the country, they have produced Donald Trump, who with his narcissistic and uncompromising style is a bright orange symbol of what went wrong with the massive generation. And polls show that the boomers are the biggest source of support for Trump.

Among voters between age 50 and 64, Trump leads Hillary Clinton by three points in Post-ABC News polling and by a point in NBC-Wall Street Journal polling, equal to the older, smaller Silent Generation’s support of the Republican nominee in the latter poll. The generational support for Trump’s burn-it-all-down campaign is the latest reminder of why the baby boomers are in the running to be remembered as the Worst Generation.

But, if I may claim a rare moment of generational pride, there is good news in the polling, too. Generation X — my much-maligned generation — has turned emphatically against Trump. The NBC poll shows Clinton leading by 22 points among those between 35 and 49 — a more lopsided rejection of Trump than even the millennials mustered.

This raises hope after the debacle of boomer governance. “It’s really the boomers that are driving the hyperpartisanship and polarization and gridlock,” says David Rosen, a consultant specializing in generational effects in politics. Beginning with the boomer-led 1994 Republican Revolution, “that’s where you see the origin of the insane politics that we have right now. Trump is in some ways taking that style to its most absurd and ridiculous extremes.”

Listen to these Trump supporters advise their candidate on how to deliver a November win
    0:06 / 2:14
    mute
    cc disabled
    In the final stretch of the race for president, Trump supporters advise their candidate on how he can deliver on Election Day. (Dalton Bennett/The Washington Post)
    But maybe this is the boomers’ last gasp. “Hopefully,” Rosen tells me, “when Gen X comes to power it will repudiate the boomers and the entire legacy of this style of politics and move us toward something that is more pragmatic.”

Before the emails start pouring in, let me make clear that this isn’t an indictment of individual boomers, nor of boomers’ contributions to art and science. But as a generation of leaders, they have been disastrous. Boomers seized the White House in 1992 and the House in 1994 and have generally dominated government since. Clinton, like Trump, is a boomer, which guarantees that the generation will control the White House through at least 2020.

[The RNC’s suckers and sellouts are helpless to Trump]

And what does this generation have to show for its quarter-century of leadership?

Boomers inherited the sole superpower after the Greatest Generation won the Cold War — and squandered U.S. influence with two long and inconclusive wars.

They gave us the financial collapse of 2008, the worst economy since the Great Depression, a crushing federal debt and worse inequality. They devoured fossil fuels and did little about global warming while allowing infrastructure and research to deteriorate. They expanded entitlement programs and are now poised to bankrupt those programs. Their leadership has led to declining confidence in religion, the presidency, Congress, the Supreme Court, banks and big business, schools, the media and the police. They may leave their children (the millennials) worse off than they were.

Boomers, coddled in their youth, grew up selfish and unyielding. When they got power, they created polarization and gridlock from both sides. Though Vietnam War-protesting boomers got the attention, their peers on the right were just as ideological, creating the religious right. Boomers are twice as likely to identify as conservative than liberal, a figure that hasn’t changed much in two decades. And Trump captures his generation’s selfishness: his multiple draft deferrals, his claim that he’s “made a lot of sacrifices” by building buildings, his vow not to cut Social Security but to have huge tax cuts and massive military investments.

Trump responds to Biden, calls him 'Mr. Tough Guy'

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump responded to Vice President Joe Biden, who said he would take Trump "behind the gym." (The Washington Post)
    Generational patterns repeat over time, as researchers William Strauss and Neil Howe showed. A “civic” generation is followed by an “adaptive” one, then “idealist” and “reactive” generations. The boomers are idealists — same as the generations that led the United States into the Civil War and the Great Depression. Gen Xers are reactive — cynical and pragmatic — and clean up idealists’ messes. Millennials, like the Greatest Generation, rebuild institutions.

Happily, Gen Xers, the cleanup crew, could become the plurality in Congress as soon as 2018. The question is whether my generation, working with the millennials, can break the boomers’ gridlock and deal jointly with the many crises boomers left us.

Gen Xer that I am, I’m not convinced my cynical cohort has what it takes. But Rosen is hopeful. “When we see national emergencies arrive, Generation X will be able to get things done when it needs to,” he says. “All the evidence suggests that Gen X has those qualities.”

And this much is for sure: After a quarter-century of boomer mismanagement and the monstrosity that is Trump, we can’t possibly do worse.

Shit, man, they'll all be dead soon. Then you can bitch and whine about some other group of people, blaming them for your pathetic existence.

It's not exactly a new sentiment:

From 1996, IIRC.

History doesn't move in a straight line. While there's a lot to lament about Boomers, they've done a lot of good too. Here's one take on that: https://www.aarp.org/politics-societ...y-boomers.html

It's amusing that P.J. O'Rourke is writing for AARP btw, but he probably still has to pay his kids' cell phone bills and car insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Just what in his description could be attributed to Millenials?

In most cultures elders are supposed to be a source of wisdom and stability. The boomers are collectively neither of those things.
    In other cultures the young listen to the words of the elders. Now all the young shits have links and Youtube that thay believe instead of people who lived it. Look at it here in TGR. I relate truths and the wisdom from having lived what you read about in history class. BS as a good example of the crybaby youth. If I told him he had shit on his shoes he wouldn't believe me unless he tasted it first. But he is a sick fuck so there's that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

^I love reading boomer comments like the ones following that article. The self-congratulatory & reciprocating hubris while taking victory laps for other's accomplishments must come from generational printer's stamp that simply refuses to wear out. Shifting responsibility 101 had to be a prerequisite in public schools then. How good is the boomer generation? Don't worry, they'll tell ya...and tell ya...and on and on. These guys have a blind spot so big they can only see the luminescence of the corona it produces.

is it just me?

Sounds like you have been hanging out with my father-in-law. Tell him "hi" for me. Actually, just tell him to go fuck himself.