Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You’ve “sampled” a lot of dj’s? I’ve been to a few EDM and dj showcases in recent years and 70’s sampling is so last century.
    I have kids age 15 and 16. The stuff they listen to is FULL of 70s and 80s remakes and samples..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Did the kid do something to cause this policy to be enacted? None of my business, just curious.
    yup.
    for good and bad he skis on the regular with a couple buddies that are a couple years older than him. known em for years, there were no worries, still arent but theyre now 17+ which is like light years from just turned 15, so he is highly influenced by these guys. well, one of em got caught with a vape pen and so i do an executive search of his room and yup, hes got a pen too. tested him next day, comes up fail. we have a chat, stress to him that the weedz can wait for a few more years. bobsplained to him im not mad just disappointed cuz weed had the talk a few times before the incident and he told me he was not vaping.

he has passed the few tests weve given him recently.
    im pretty sure its because if he failed, ski camp was out, workin for bob at the Compound would be his summer, which id have been good with. my lil buddy has been running the woodchipper and got a couple days on the chainsaw this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I have kids age 15 and 16. The stuff they listen to is FULL of 70s and 80s remakes and samples..

seems like REALLY GOOD REASON to rag on boomers; those videos were gagalicious.

At my favorite dive there is an a-hole who thinks that remake of Sounds of Silence is an opus. He plays it always, and sometimes multiple times. I may kill him
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    At my favorite dive there is an a-hole who thinks that remake of Sounds of Silence is an opus. He plays it always, and sometimes multiple times. I may kill him
    No shit, can't stand hearing that song. I saw them do it live a couple years ago, then the mosh pit broke out for DWTS, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Some of Brian Wilsons genius:
    That was cool, thanks.

Beach Boys music, especially Pet Sounds, is always amazingly complex to me.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Q just embarked on 8 weeks of ski camp on Hood.
    i suspect there is free range mayhem but there is also 6hrs/day training for Alpental. i was lucky to get a week at ymca camp chi-da-ka between much free range mayhem.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Oh ya. Shenanigans will happen.
    Yo Bobby, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share my experience from my years in Govy

I spent many weeks, months actually, up on Palmer pounding bumps with all the greats: Nelson Carmichael, Donna Weinbrecht, Moseley, etc., actually thumbed a ride down-mountain from Tina Basich one day who was fucking cool as shit. Bottom line - lots of growing up time and even more weed time for this (at the time) midwestern bumper happened up on that volcano.

Your Q will be ok. But as a dad I’m also terrified for you.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    seems like REALLY GOOD REASON to rag on boomers; those videos were gagalicious.
    Umm that's not the boomers singing/massacring those songs..

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Bobby, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share my experience from my years in Govy

I spent many weeks, months actually, up on Palmer pounding bumps with all the greats: Nelson Carmichael, Donna Weinbrecht, Moseley, etc., actually thumbed a ride down-mountain from Tina Basich one day who was fucking cool as shit. Bottom line - lots of growing up time and even more weed time for this (at the time) midwestern bumper happened up on that volcano.

Your Q will be ok. But as a dad I’m also terrified for you.
    i think so too. he’s got CIT status this summer. helping with the younger campers and getting some kitchen duty.

those are some all-star ski personalities you hung with, WOW

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Straw man. I've never heard anyone--boomer or otherwise--claim that boomers were tougher, better, smarter, etc than today's youth. Now pre-boomers maybe, I give you Babe Ruth, or Roger Maris if you prefer (PED records don't count) and Albert Einstein. And since you're talking about trolling--boomers definitely didn't invent that, and if there's one clear sign of stupidity trolling would be it.
    Go look at any millennial bashing article, you think the term snowflake indicates a sentiment of equality? Everything is about how much softer this generation is etc etc.

If I telegraph my true sentiment does it count as breaking balls?

Again, this is nothing new. The old people are out of touch dinosaurs that dont understand the new direction of the world, the young are inconsiderate, soft and coddled. The Greatest Generation was ridiculed in many prewar op-Eds etc.

^^^ Coupland's book wasn't intended to invent a generation, but to illustrate the plight of the twentysomething. Feeling marginalized. Same as it ever was.

8O* day and my boomer neighbor decided to light his burn pile. FKNA i got pissed, burn ban in effect, smoking yhuuge and dude is 83 years old with mild dumbmindshit. i ran home and got the hose on his lil inferno, soaking it out before the flames from the grass clippings caught the wood on fire.

Moses Schallenberger was 17 when he spent the winter of 1844 alone at Donner Lake guarding the wagons of the Stephens party, who had left them in the snow and continued on foot. Patty Reed was 9 I believe when she volunteered to stay behind with her younger brother who was too small to walk out through the snow with his mother when one of the relief party's came to rescue the Donner Party. Kids were tougher back then.

8O* day and my boomer neighbor decided to light his burn pile. FKNA i got pissed, burn ban in effect, smoking yhuuge and dude is 83 years old with mild dumbmindshit. i ran home and got the hose on his lil inferno, soaking it out before the flames from the grass clippings caught the wood on fire.
    You might want to check your math.

...my boomer neighbor... dude is 83 years old .
    Born in 1936. That feller's not a Boomer.

Officially the oldest Boomer was born in 1946. They would be 72. Ended in 1955 so do the math.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

fuck i ain’t no mathamagition

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Officially the oldest Boomer was born in 1946. They would be 72. Ended in 1955 so do the math.
    Boomers were through 64, not 54,,

Damn Google. You found the right answer and I found the wrong one. Good for you. Have a cookie.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Boomers were through 64, not 54,,
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.

Us '70's kids get ignored, there's not even a name for us, but we're cool with it because that's how we always rolled, and we pretty much kicked ass. Fuck a bunch of boomers and everyone else.

Um, when did "vaping" become synonomous with smoking weed?

I have been under the impression that vaping = smoking scented fake tobacco from those annoying pens and things that look like Star Trek communicators....

Everybody I know that smokes weed, actually, you know, smokes weed. They don't vape.

What the f%^k happened to bongs and joints?

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I have been under the impression that vaping = smoking scented fake tobacco from those annoying pens and things that look like Star Trek communicators....
    This is correct.

Everybody I know that smokes weed, actually, you know, smokes weed. They don't vape.

This is incorrect. The first rule about weed vape club is you do not discuss weed vape club. But if you insist, check out the what are you baking/vaping thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Um, when did "vaping" become synonomous with smoking weed?

Around here you can go to the store and buy a cartridge of your favorite. A pen is was easier than dealing with a pipe all the time
    I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.
    Disco, fucking disco man, that shit almost ruined my adolescence.