Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 655
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    is it just me?
    boomers suck sweaty balls
    talk about a peice of shit generation

    they hate on millenials, before that they hated on gen-x
    no one is as smart and savy as they are
    no one has worked as hard as they have to achieve all the material wealth that they created for themselves
    they look down their snooty noses on everyone else

    it's like they all had the chance to change the course of the country in 1969
    but someone said, hey if you all stop being stupid ass hippies trying to change the world
    we'll give you everything you want and create the most spoiled entiled generation possible
    dip shits should have kept course, but they all wanted material wealth, big houses, suburbs, and the chance to be selfrightous instead thinking like a community

    these fuckers are running up the debt and draining the gov't dollars faster than you can say a couple trillion
    my favorite phrase they like to use, "but I worked for it, I paid in to they system, it's not like I'm taking something for free"

    it'd be nice if they just shut the fuck up and get out of the way enjoying their golden years without shitting all over the rest of us
    Sounds like you have been hanging out with my father-in-law. Tell him "hi" for me. Actually, just tell him to go fuck himself.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,656
    The godamn Eagles

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...wer-2018-08-30


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,112
    OK. Ball is in your court and all you can do is cry foul. Man up my man.
    thnx Capt. Chuck Shunstrom

    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    if burny gets many trillions of $$$’s in current student loan debt erased, i’m done with those stupid tip jars in front of every hipsters cash register. got yer degree, stop the barista life get a real fucking job.
    Hey man, pushing that grind button on espresso machines and pumping a couple shots of honey lavender syrup into a cup is hard work.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,067
    I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Jerry Garcia died for the baby boomers sins.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    43,595
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Hey man, pushing that grind button on espresso machines and pumping a couple shots of honey lavender syrup into a cup is hard work.
    before moving to the pnw, coffee was poured from a pot.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Baby boomers still have AOL accounts and keep paper receipts. They should all be rounded up and jailed.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,364
    I think most boomers would actually agree with FF's rant. I don't know any boomer who's particularly proud of the way we've left the world. I just don't see my generation, or any other generation, as being different from any other. Most generational characteristics are just a matter of the circumstances in which they were born and raised. The main distinguishing characteristic of boomers is that there are a fuck of a lot of us, although the numbers are declining.

    I do continue to hope that youth will change things--hope and idealism and refusing to let people say that something is impossible or impractical are wonderful things. That's why I'm jazzed about people like AOC (here I go again). But young people who don't vote have lost the right to complain; if they, among others, had turned out Trump wouldn't be president. I suggest you all vote before my generation takes what little we haven't taken already.

    FF--let me know if your generation does any better. You can shoot me a PM in heaven; hopefully god doesn't have ATT.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,077
    Same as it ever was.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,638
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think most boomers would actually agree with FF's rant. I don't know any boomer who's particularly proud of the way we've left the world. I just don't see my generation, or any other generation, as being different from any other. Most generational characteristics are just a matter of the circumstances in which they were born and raised. The main distinguishing characteristic of boomers is that there are a fuck of a lot of us, although the numbers are declining.

    I do continue to hope that youth will change things--hope and idealism and refusing to let people say that something is impossible or impractical are wonderful things. That's why I'm jazzed about people like AOC (here I go again). But young people who don't vote have lost the right to complain; if they, among others, had turned out Trump wouldn't be president. I suggest you all vote before my generation takes what little we haven't taken already.

    FF--let me know if your generation does any better. You can shoot me a PM in heaven; hopefully god doesn't have ATT.
    ^I pretty much agree with all of that. I’ll just add for you kids to check back with us in 30 years, after you have, or haven’t, accomplished something.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,765
    boomers suck because they wont' get off the fucking swing. they took advantage of the system then broke it.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^I pretty much agree with all of that. I’ll just add for you kids to check back with us in 30 years, after you have, or haven’t, accomplished something.
    Everyone is addicted to their smartphones. They allow themselves to be subjected to advertisements 24/7/365. They purchase shit they can't afford. Everyone gets the ability to have credit even if they can't pay it back.

    Mission accomplished. We didn't invent mind control, we just perfected it.

    Oh you mean positive human evolution? Oh I thought that profit over people was the boomer way.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17
    The Boomers are the spoiled generation. They were the children of the Greatest Generation and their parents built for them an educational system (not just schools, but also museums, parks, research, etc) the envy of the world. As they came of age, they decided that the very educational system they’d benefited from was too expensive and that what they really wanted were tax cuts. So they gutted the programs they’d enjoyed. And now that they’re elderly and reliant on government programs like Social Security and Medicare, they’re fighting like hell to make sure the programs they willfully stole from aren’t taken from them. Spoiled hypocrites, one and all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,856
    I agree with Oldgoat etc. I frankly just think things like this are funny because every generation has bitched about those that super-cede them and vice-versa. People are still people, even if norms, culture, and technology changes. But it is usually the old fucks bitching about the kids of today so I think it is great to give them a taste of their own medicine.

    As a youth, it is / was funny to hear from the Wooley’s of the world how they have it all figured out we just have to listen, then they ask how to fix their tv / phone / etc. Also, the idea that “I lived through it so let me tell you what really happened” is completely flawed and demonstrably so. That tells you a single perception of what happened, that’s it.

    I’m looking forward to the days of Gen Z bashing so the millennials are finally out of the spotlight.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,575
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    really people in general

    ff must have a nasty client

    a good bong rip and a hike and he will perk up
    naw dude
    just sick of these boomers telling me how it is thinking they are smart and shit
    finally getting my rip and going to shred the knar knar

    did spend two hours today with a guy and his wife today in their four million dollar house, three sinks, two dishwashers, 8 burner viking plus skittle and commerical fridge, two wine fridges
    they think there twelve year old kitchen is too rustic and want something modern
    oil money
    she had her check book out and wanted to write me a check, I was like hold on honey

    my kind of people seriously, I can charm the pants right off the wife talking about backsplash tile
    can't bite the hand that feeds you can you?

    FYI I think they millennials are the bomb, seriously, they are just sitting back knowing they are fucked and don't give a rats ass

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,347
    "Boomers" is too big a term. 60's kids and 70's kids are very different. I grew up in the 70's and we thought those ex-hippies were fucked up even back then.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,810


    I'm Gen-X, I just sit back and do nothing like a referee at wrestle-mania.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,256
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Same as it ever was.
    There is water at the bottom of the ocean.
    make every day count

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,112
    Just troll'n

    Name:  adultdiapers.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  77.5 KB
    thnx Capt. Chuck Shunstrom

    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I'm Gen-X, I just sit back and do nothing like a referee at wrestle-mania.
    We invented that shit in the 70's. And it was before Parenting became a thing. We were the last generation of free-range children. Really it's amazing any of us are still alive.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,256
    Name:  i-survived-free-range-parenting.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  93.5 KB
    make every day count

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    277
    A 50-year old professor of mine told me exactly this 20 years ago. The subsequent years haven’t proved him wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mallthus View Post
    The Boomers are the spoiled generation. They were the children of the Greatest Generation and their parents built for them an educational system (not just schools, but also museums, parks, research, etc) the envy of the world. As they came of age, they decided that the very educational system they’d benefited from was too expensive and that what they really wanted were tax cuts. So they gutted the programs they’d enjoyed. And now that they’re elderly and reliant on government programs like Social Security and Medicare, they’re fighting like hell to make sure the programs they willfully stole from aren’t taken from them. Spoiled hypocrites, one and all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,347
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  i-survived-free-range-parenting.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  93.5 KB
    oh man. we built a ton of jumps. w had this home-made sting-ray kinda like this,



    and you couldn't tighten the handlebars enough. About every 10th jump the handlebars would let go, you'd fly forward, and get absolutely nutted. But nobody wanted to be the wuss who had to tighten them before he went, so we all just got wrecked over and over and over.

    Good times, good times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •