Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The godamn Eagles

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...wer-2018-08-30

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

OK. Ball is in your court and all you can do is cry foul. Man up my man.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    if burny gets many trillions of $$$’s in current student loan debt erased, i’m done with those stupid tip jars in front of every hipsters cash register. got yer degree, stop the barista life get a real fucking job.
    Hey man, pushing that grind button on espresso machines and pumping a couple shots of honey lavender syrup into a cup is hard work.

I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

Jerry Garcia died for the baby boomers sins.

Baby boomers still have AOL accounts and keep paper receipts. They should all be rounded up and jailed.

I think most boomers would actually agree with FF's rant. I don't know any boomer who's particularly proud of the way we've left the world. I just don't see my generation, or any other generation, as being different from any other. Most generational characteristics are just a matter of the circumstances in which they were born and raised. The main distinguishing characteristic of boomers is that there are a fuck of a lot of us, although the numbers are declining.

I do continue to hope that youth will change things--hope and idealism and refusing to let people say that something is impossible or impractical are wonderful things. That's why I'm jazzed about people like AOC (here I go again). But young people who don't vote have lost the right to complain; if they, among others, had turned out Trump wouldn't be president. I suggest you all vote before my generation takes what little we haven't taken already.

FF--let me know if your generation does any better. You can shoot me a PM in heaven; hopefully god doesn't have ATT.

Same as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think most boomers would actually agree with FF's rant. I don't know any boomer who's particularly proud of the way we've left the world. I just don't see my generation, or any other generation, as being different from any other. Most generational characteristics are just a matter of the circumstances in which they were born and raised. The main distinguishing characteristic of boomers is that there are a fuck of a lot of us, although the numbers are declining.

I do continue to hope that youth will change things--hope and idealism and refusing to let people say that something is impossible or impractical are wonderful things. That's why I'm jazzed about people like AOC (here I go again). But young people who don't vote have lost the right to complain; if they, among others, had turned out Trump wouldn't be president. I suggest you all vote before my generation takes what little we haven't taken already.

FF--let me know if your generation does any better. You can shoot me a PM in heaven; hopefully god doesn't have ATT.
    ^I pretty much agree with all of that. I’ll just add for you kids to check back with us in 30 years, after you have, or haven’t, accomplished something.

boomers suck because they wont' get off the fucking swing. they took advantage of the system then broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^I pretty much agree with all of that. I’ll just add for you kids to check back with us in 30 years, after you have, or haven’t, accomplished something.
    Everyone is addicted to their smartphones. They allow themselves to be subjected to advertisements 24/7/365. They purchase shit they can't afford. Everyone gets the ability to have credit even if they can't pay it back.

Mission accomplished. We didn't invent mind control, we just perfected it.

Oh you mean positive human evolution? Oh I thought that profit over people was the boomer way.

The Boomers are the spoiled generation. They were the children of the Greatest Generation and their parents built for them an educational system (not just schools, but also museums, parks, research, etc) the envy of the world. As they came of age, they decided that the very educational system they’d benefited from was too expensive and that what they really wanted were tax cuts. So they gutted the programs they’d enjoyed. And now that they’re elderly and reliant on government programs like Social Security and Medicare, they’re fighting like hell to make sure the programs they willfully stole from aren’t taken from them. Spoiled hypocrites, one and all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Oldgoat etc. I frankly just think things like this are funny because every generation has bitched about those that super-cede them and vice-versa. People are still people, even if norms, culture, and technology changes. But it is usually the old fucks bitching about the kids of today so I think it is great to give them a taste of their own medicine.

As a youth, it is / was funny to hear from the Wooley’s of the world how they have it all figured out we just have to listen, then they ask how to fix their tv / phone / etc. Also, the idea that “I lived through it so let me tell you what really happened” is completely flawed and demonstrably so. That tells you a single perception of what happened, that’s it.

I’m looking forward to the days of Gen Z bashing so the millennials are finally out of the spotlight.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    really people in general

ff must have a nasty client

a good bong rip and a hike and he will perk up
    naw dude
    just sick of these boomers telling me how it is thinking they are smart and shit
    finally getting my rip and going to shred the knar knar

did spend two hours today with a guy and his wife today in their four million dollar house, three sinks, two dishwashers, 8 burner viking plus skittle and commerical fridge, two wine fridges
    they think there twelve year old kitchen is too rustic and want something modern
    oil money
    she had her check book out and wanted to write me a check, I was like hold on honey

my kind of people seriously, I can charm the pants right off the wife talking about backsplash tile
    can't bite the hand that feeds you can you?

FYI I think they millennials are the bomb, seriously, they are just sitting back knowing they are fucked and don't give a rats ass

"Boomers" is too big a term. 60's kids and 70's kids are very different. I grew up in the 70's and we thought those ex-hippies were fucked up even back then.

I'm Gen-X, I just sit back and do nothing like a referee at wrestle-mania.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Same as it ever was.
    There is water at the bottom of the ocean.
    watch out for snakes

Just troll'n

Name:  adultdiapers.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  77.5 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I'm Gen-X, I just sit back and do nothing like a referee at wrestle-mania.
    We invented that shit in the 70's. And it was before Parenting became a thing. We were the last generation of free-range children. Really it's amazing any of us are still alive.

Name:  i-survived-free-range-parenting.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  93.5 KB
    watch out for snakes

A 50-year old professor of mine told me exactly this 20 years ago. The subsequent years haven’t proved him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallthus View Post
    The Boomers are the spoiled generation. They were the children of the Greatest Generation and their parents built for them an educational system (not just schools, but also museums, parks, research, etc) the envy of the world. As they came of age, they decided that the very educational system they’d benefited from was too expensive and that what they really wanted were tax cuts. So they gutted the programs they’d enjoyed. And now that they’re elderly and reliant on government programs like Social Security and Medicare, they’re fighting like hell to make sure the programs they willfully stole from aren’t taken from them. Spoiled hypocrites, one and all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  i-survived-free-range-parenting.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  93.5 KB
    oh man. we built a ton of jumps. w had this home-made sting-ray kinda like this,

and you couldn't tighten the handlebars enough. About every 10th jump the handlebars would let go, you'd fly forward, and get absolutely nutted. But nobody wanted to be the wuss who had to tighten them before he went, so we all just got wrecked over and over and over.

Good times, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shit, man, they'll all be dead soon. Then you can bitch and whine about some other group of people, blaming them for your pathetic existence.
    Says the old guy from Greenwich, CT.

Don't you mean "we'll all be dead soon". Enjoy yourself in Yurp, spending down your social security generation-specific entitlement (won't be much left for future generations, but fuck it).

I's funny when people whine about their lot in life. In America. In the 21st century. I mean come on man. Just fucking deal.

Lots of people willing to trade places if it's bothering you that much..