Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 655
  1. #426
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Q just embarked on 8 weeks of ski camp on Hood.
    i suspect there is free range mayhem but there is also 6hrs/day training for Alpental. i was lucky to get a week at ymca camp chi-da-ka between much free range mayhem.
    How old is Teh Q?

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Boomers like to hassle frontline service workers. “I’d like speak to the manager”. Right Benny?




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    Benny's also of the generation that makes wait staff endure old guy flirting. If you're 60 and the waiter is early 20s, just place your damn order. Or go to a damn strip bar.

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,837
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Benny's also of the generation that makes wait staff endure old guy flirting. If you're 60 and the waiter is early 20s, just place your damn order. Or go to a damn strip bar.
    It's the waitresses' fault--they like to call us old guys "honey" and "sweetie". Since we only go to a few restaurants over and over they call us by our names. What's an old guy to do?
    When we're out walking we have to be careful to avert our eyes when crossing paths with young women, so they don't think we're old perverts. One of my neighbors is pissed at me because we passed each other when she was out running. I had averted my eyes before I was close enough to see who it was and she thought I was shunning her.

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    How old is Teh Q?
    15
    .

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Beach Boys were fantastic.

    - This Gen X’er
    I'll second that. About the only band my parents liked that I liked. They and the rest of the surf bands influenced skate punk as well.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,388
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When we're out walking we have to be careful to avert our eyes when crossing paths with young women, so they don't think we're old perverts.
    I am not an old pervert. I am a mature fantasist.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    you’ve reached that tender age
    where one does not give a fuck
    .

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,901
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's the waitresses' fault--they like to call us old guys "honey" and "sweetie". Since we only go to a few restaurants over and over they call us by our names. What's an old guy to do?
    When we're out walking we have to be careful to avert our eyes when crossing paths with young women, so they don't think we're old perverts. One of my neighbors is pissed at me because we passed each other when she was out running. I had averted my eyes before I was close enough to see who it was and she thought I was shunning her.
    OG’s Sage Advice For Aging Maggots.
    And I guess that I just don't know

  9. #434
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Beach Boys were fantastic.

    - This Gen X’er
    Some of Brian Wilson’s genius:

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,255
    My new FB friend posted his pic and I made it into a meme.

    Name:  boomer taking selfie.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  71.3 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,174
    Well, b00mers did make all of the best music from the 60s into the 80s.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,033
    that is not what young people think, ask any wedding DJ the young folk will always ask them to play something from this century
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-29-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    OG’s Sage Advice For Aging Maggots.
    wife gonna need to poke my eyes out to not look,
    once i’ve reached the tender age of not giving a fuck.
    .

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,837
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that is not what young people think, ask any wedding DJ the young folk will always ask them to play something from this century
    He who pays the piper calls the tune. If the young people are paying for the wedding they can play any damn music they feel like.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    15
    Oh ya. Shenanigans will happen.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,023
    Feel free to hate me but if you do it because of what year I was born in you're a fucking idiot.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Feel free to hate me but if you do it because of what year I was born in you're a fucking idiot.
    can we get this on a tshirt please

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    My new FB friend posted his pic and I made it into a meme.

    Name:  boomer taking selfie.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  71.3 KB
    Ha. Gold

    Funny cause it’s true.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,255
    Seriously. Knew him from a FB group we're in. FB friended him today when I saw he was a full bore to the right cultist. Some times I think my life is a sitcom. Nice to know another boomer that is less tech savy than I am.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Oh ya. Shenanigans will happen.
    got his first taste of the 420 livin the ski life.
    i was introduced by a current boomer close to 40yrs ago. fukin hippy with the schwag weed rolled a j in his room while me and my neighbor buddy, rob henley, looked on. dude lit it up, cuz if you remember, parents could smoked cigarettes on the regular in their homes without concern for the next gen. choked down a couple drags and coughed a lung and man did we get stoned. don’t remember much else besides digging it, still do.

    pretty sure Q’s gen would get triggered if we sat on the couch chain smoking Lucky Strikes but don’t seem to flinch when their pals whip out their vape pens at school.

    just to be clear, we do not allow the boy to use and drug test him on the irregular. kooks will tell ya, i’m a helicopter parent about 63% of the time. he’s got a fine gpa and is motivated to go to college so the rest of the time i trust him to make the right decision. i know he’s got high, probably liked it but just like with booze i encourage him to slow down and just be a boy, plenty of time in college to let er rip.
    .

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    can we get this on a tshirt please
    FKNA!
    .

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FKNA!
    That too.

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,023
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    just to be clear, we do not allow the boy to use and drug test him on the irregular...
    Did the kid do something to cause this policy to be enacted? None of my business, just curious.

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that is not what young people think, ask any wedding DJ the young folk will always ask them to play something from this century
    I love to be the one to tell them many of the songs they're requesting are either complete remake covers of 70s songs or using samples from them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I love to be the one to tell them many of the songs they're requesting are either complete remake covers of 70s songs or using samples from them..
    You’ve “sampled” a lot of dj’s? I’ve been to a few EDM and dj showcases in recent years and 70’s sampling is so last century.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •