Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Amazon's mostly for new products and used books, movies, and music. Pretty much anything else used, being sold by individuals and not businesses does better via eBay. If I'm looking for a new pair of skis Amazon may have a ski shop selling online. If I'm looking for a used pair of skis it will be eBay if no one here or Pugski has them up.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    there's a place for consumption taxes in a perfect world.
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.
    THIS! Because poor people <have to> quickly spend like 90%-100% of their income from all sources instead of hoarding <saving> wealth and keeping it out of circulation... i.e. avoiding consumption and sales taxes..

Some jurisdictions have a rebate system- not perfect but an attempt.

Consumption taxes are just so much simpler to admin - basically every business becomes your tax collector- it’s easy to see why they are popular

I find it interesting that the states/provinces that would be most likely to support a flat tax are also those that don’t have consumption taxes.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.

I click on threads where ggs has the last post just for the laughs. Always good for a grin at least.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.
    what do you call elections in russia?

tax free vodka day

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    THIS! Because poor people <have to> quickly spend like 90%-100% of their income from all sources instead of hoarding <saving> wealth and keeping it out of circulation... i.e. avoiding consumption and sales taxes..
    Giving money to the wealthy also eliminates the circulation multiplier in the economy. One more reason to have a wealth tax, besides increasing revenue. By spending the wealth tax money government increases the economy and makes everyone--including the wealthy--wealthier. Everyone wins. But the wealthy don't like everyone wins scenarios, only we win scenarios. What's the point of being wealthy if everyone is wealthy?

You just gave me a great idea--an obnoxious tax. I'll fire off a letter to next-President Warren. I bet she'll love it.

Republicunts don't like tax revenue in ggs' dumbfuckin world

thass funneh

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just this spring we got Korean, Nepali, Chinese, and a few new bakeries.
    Chew on that, asshole.
    Chinese food? Hopefully you get an Olive Garden next.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Republicunts don't like tax revenue in ggs' dumbfuckin world

thass funneh
    they like to spend and not tax.

Giving money to the wealthy also eliminates the circulation multiplier in the economy. One more reason to have a wealth tax, besides increasing revenue. By spending the wealth tax money government increases the economy and makes everyone--including the wealthy--wealthier. Everyone wins. But the wealthy don't like everyone wins scenarios, only we win scenarios. What's the point of being wealthy if everyone is wealthy?

You just gave me a great idea--an obnoxious tax. I'll fire off a letter to next-President Warren. I bet she'll love it.
    The GOP likes to tax the poor and what's left of the middle class. It's called the "I got mine... FUCK YOU!!" tax..

This has to be illegal - Ebay taxes

What a god damn fucking scam.

Craigslist is where I buy tax free from doctors
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

gas tax = good idea

Guys, guys, don't you remember; if we take any more money from the rich people, and we aren't nice to them, no one gets to drink beer!

I hear she's polling to win. Like some other clown theee years ago. Hold your breath.

Not a republican here so those jabs bounce right off.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    gas tax = good idea
    Mileage tax would be a better idea.