Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,790
    Amazon's mostly for new products and used books, movies, and music. Pretty much anything else used, being sold by individuals and not businesses does better via eBay. If I'm looking for a new pair of skis Amazon may have a ski shop selling online. If I'm looking for a used pair of skis it will be eBay if no one here or Pugski has them up.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,599
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    there's a place for consumption taxes in a perfect world.
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.
    THIS! Because poor people <have to> quickly spend like 90%-100% of their income from all sources instead of hoarding <saving> wealth and keeping it out of circulation... i.e. avoiding consumption and sales taxes..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.
    Some jurisdictions have a rebate system- not perfect but an attempt.

    Consumption taxes are just so much simpler to admin - basically every business becomes your tax collector- itís easy to see why they are popular

    I find it interesting that the states/provinces that would be most likely to support a flat tax are also those that donít have consumption taxes.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    3,280
    Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.
    Be always sure you're right ó THEN GO AHEAD!

    Itís not a date, itís a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,803
    I click on threads where ggs has the last post just for the laughs. Always good for a grin at least.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.
    what do you call elections in russia?

    tax free vodka day

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,599
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    THIS! Because poor people <have to> quickly spend like 90%-100% of their income from all sources instead of hoarding <saving> wealth and keeping it out of circulation... i.e. avoiding consumption and sales taxes..
    Giving money to the wealthy also eliminates the circulation multiplier in the economy. One more reason to have a wealth tax, besides increasing revenue. By spending the wealth tax money government increases the economy and makes everyone--including the wealthy--wealthier. Everyone wins. But the wealthy don't like everyone wins scenarios, only we win scenarios. What's the point of being wealthy if everyone is wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.
    You just gave me a great idea--an obnoxious tax. I'll fire off a letter to next-President Warren. I bet she'll love it.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,803
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Elect tax everything dimocrats into office and you expect different? You get what you ask for.
    Republicunts don't like tax revenue in ggs' dumbfuckin world

    thass funneh

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just this spring we got Korean, Nepali, Chinese, and a few new bakeries.
    Chew on that, asshole.
    Chinese food? Hopefully you get an Olive Garden next.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Republicunts don't like tax revenue in ggs' dumbfuckin world

    thass funneh
    they like to spend and not tax.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Giving money to the wealthy also eliminates the circulation multiplier in the economy. One more reason to have a wealth tax, besides increasing revenue. By spending the wealth tax money government increases the economy and makes everyone--including the wealthy--wealthier. Everyone wins. But the wealthy don't like everyone wins scenarios, only we win scenarios. What's the point of being wealthy if everyone is wealthy?



    You just gave me a great idea--an obnoxious tax. I'll fire off a letter to next-President Warren. I bet she'll love it.
    The GOP likes to tax the poor and what's left of the middle class. It's called the "I got mine... FUCK YOU!!" tax..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    43,572
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I click on threads where ggs has the last post just for the laughs. Always good for a grin at least.
    he’s as close to an elite thread killer as we’ll ever get
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,538

    This has to be illegal - Ebay taxes

    What a god damn fucking scam.


    Craigslist is where I buy tax free from doctors
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    there is, as long as they're designed to be progressive--not on basics, cars only on amounts over a certain figure, etc--but it's hard to design a consumption tax that would be really fair to poorer people.
    gas tax = good idea

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42
    Guys, guys, don't you remember; if we take any more money from the rich people, and we aren't nice to them, no one gets to drink beer!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Giving money to the wealthy also eliminates the circulation multiplier in the economy. One more reason to have a wealth tax, besides increasing revenue. By spending the wealth tax money government increases the economy and makes everyone--including the wealthy--wealthier. Everyone wins. But the wealthy don't like everyone wins scenarios, only we win scenarios. What's the point of being wealthy if everyone is wealthy?



    You just gave me a great idea--an obnoxious tax. I'll fire off a letter to next-President Warren. I bet she'll love it.
    I hear she's polling to win. Like some other clown theee years ago. Hold your breath.

    Not a republican here so those jabs bounce right off.
    Be always sure you're right ó THEN GO AHEAD!

    Itís not a date, itís a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,649
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    gas tax = good idea
    Mileage tax would be a better idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •