Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    I can't believe Lance was invited on the broadcast today and will be apparently be doing segments throughout the tour. Dumbfounded.
    Not sure how old it was but NBCSN showed a Tirico interview with him after today's stage. Guess he's got a podcast too. Anybody check it out?

Sent from my KFSUWI using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Just figured out that the points awarded for standings at end of stage are not doubled for the road captain, only those related to the stage...
    Explained in other words:
    If Sagan is your road Captain, you get double points for his stage points (final stage ranking, intermediate sprints, 1st category climbs, and 2,3,4 category climbs), but not double for his Green Jersey points or yellow jersey points, or poka-dot jersey or white jersey.
    Which makes sense because the rider may not have earned that standing while he was on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    I can't believe Lance was invited on the broadcast today and will be apparently be doing segments throughout the tour. Dumbfounded.
    No shit. WTF

Nice bumble on the Phil and Paul intro. Not like he has nothing to add, but what’s the angle for putting him on official feed?

Too soon? Uh huh.

There’s an article in Outside Online about his TDF blog as well. Methinks his PR flaks are working a charm offensive and NBC signed on to help.

I care much less about his doping as I do about the way he attacked those who outed him.

I care much less about his doping as I do about the way he attacked those who outed him.
    Fukkin truth ^^^

Just finishing this image rehab stuff and am wondering why the same old tired excuses, hemming and hawing, etc. Dude did more with his life than I will with mine, but please give me a break.

2019 TDF Fantasy Game (with Spoiler Alerts)

I’m fine with Lance, one of the great things about this country is the fact that we forgive and move on. He’s got great insight. I’m glad he’s around. The podcast is with George Hincapie, it’s very good.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m fine with Lance, one of the great things about this country is the fact that we forgive and move on. He’s got great insight. I’m glad he’s around. The podcast is with George Hincapie, it’s very good.
    Agreed, if you can get by the smug which is still there to some extent, believe it or not. There's also one with Johan Bruyneel, which I found very interesting.
    The Sheriff is near!

I watched the first podcast and couldn’t get over the smug.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great race so far but I'm kinda missing the wall to wall Peleton commercials with the hot millenial chicks sweating it out in their 5 million dollar Rustic Canyon MCMs..

Switched my road captain from Sagan to W. Van Aert today.

Yeah, shoulda picked Sagan as Captain...oh well

Helluva sprint

That was fuckin awesome

Which team is it that's advertising something called "splunk" on the back of their racing shorts?

edit: It's Trek Segafredo
    Last edited by Garth Bimble; 07-10-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Yeah, shoulda picked Sagan as Captain...oh well
    I only missed out on 55 points for not picking Sagan as m captain, but I still won today.
    WVA got me 150 bonus points, Sagan would have got me 205 bonus points. 205-150 = 55 point left on the table.

Great racing so far!

Will Ineos unleash their pain train of hill climbing tomorrow, or wait?
    Will icehocey77 trade a bunch of his sprinters/classics guys for climbers tonight?

Tune in tomorrow

Just a reminder of who's who
    RIDING OFF TO GLORY-Garth Bimble
    FURIOUS PEDDLERS - acinpdx
    EVERYONEPLAYSOPENLY EPO - Dee Hubbs
    TEAM EC - F#*k You Cat
    TBS - TBS
    FUCK THE ASO. LONG LIVE VELOGAMES - ICEHOCKEY77
    KAT5 - Mrs Dee Hubbs
    KALISTO - kalisto
    TGR SPANKY - spanky
    DOPED TO THE GILLS - huckbucket

my choices for captain are Geraint Thomas or Adam Yates or trade

any advice for the lanterne rouge?

^^^You are not lanterne rouge...

^^^You are not lanterne rouge...
    yeah, asking for my friend Team EC

(and #metoo)

Ineos is going to try to control the day. So GT is a good choice (even if he's #2 on Ineos ) He'll get you some points.
    Alaphilippe is not going to be in the front at the end, he could hold yellow because he's got 40 seconds on Bernal, depends on who gets the tie bonuses.
    One of the Movistar guys might get away at the end. But who because they are all going rogue and fighting for themselves.
    It's going to be the first real good look at all the leaders. Is Fuglsang, Uran, Pinot, Nibali, Yates etc. going to show that they are true contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Ineos is going to try to control the day. So GT is a good choice (even if he's #2 on Ineos ) He'll get you some points.
    Alaphilippe is not going to be in the front at the end, he could hold yellow because he's got 40 seconds on Bernal, depends on who gets the tie bonuses.
    One of the Movistar guys might get away at the end. But who because they are all going rogue and fighting for themselves.
    It's going to be the first real good look at all the leaders. Is Fuglsang, Uran, Pinot, Nibali, Yates etc. going to show that they are true contenders?
    Watch out for Valverde too.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Watch out for Valverde too.
    I did mention Movistar.... But will it be Quintana or the co-leader Valverde, or Landa working for himself because he has a new team contract already signed.

Pretty much my take as well. Seems like Sky/Ineos unleashes their climbing train at the first true mtn stage, takes the lead then tries to hold it. Although I keep wondering if Movistar will let Landa take off - Quintana isn’t so great on shorter, steeper climbs. Then there’s Valverde...

The real GC race starts tomorrow...

I did mention Movistar.... But will it be Quintana or the co-leader Valverde, or Landa working for himself because he has a new team contract already signed.
    Yes you did, reading fail here.

FWIW Quintana's leaving also. so who knows?
    The Sheriff is near!

Totally spaced the game this season...

Read through all the pages, nostalgia city! May all your teams score the points you picked them for.

BTW, is Bobke now the castle historian with Paul gone?
    Seems like. They are all doing some occasional channelling
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well