Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    BTW, congrats to the wife on the 2nd place finish.
    Ya, she got her team together. She had 540 points with her "6 only" riders on the first stage. I think she'll be competitive.
    She's one that is reading stage profiles and injury reports, and looking up previous stage winners. It's going to be a competitive 3 weeks in this household.
    Every time I open the computer she asks "are you making changes, you told me you didn't make any changes for this stage."

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Ya, she got her team together. She had 540 points with her "6 only" riders on the first stage. I think she'll be competitive.
    She's one that is reading stage profiles and injury reports, and looking up previous stage winners. It's going to be a competitive 3 weeks in this household.
    Every time I open the computer she asks "are you making changes, you told me you didn't make any changes for this stage."
    You guys are going to have fun. Wish Mrs. Bimble was into it but all she cares about are the castles. BTW, is Bobke now the castle historian with Paul gone?

I'm stoked for tomorrow's stage. Should be fun to watch.
    The Sheriff is near!

Late night audible. I broke down and changed a rider, pulled out a high priced Sprinter and put in a high priced classics guy that should do well over the next few days.

Alaphilippe giving it a go...

Phil and Bob are working well together. I will always miss Paul Sherwen. But this is good stuff
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah it just isn’t quite he same without Paul but Bob is filling in nicely. He’s maybe better suited for that role since he’s excruciatingly awkward on camera with his quirky mannerisms. Schlanger on the other hand is a weirdo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did anyone have Matthews today? That was a good call on my part. Should have played, but fantasy sports do nothing for me.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I wish I had Alaphilippe and van Aevermat on my team for stage three
    nostradamus up in here...did you make any adjustments?

2019 TDF Fantasy Game (with Spoiler Alerts)

Edit. Disregard. I just clicked around and now the “OUT” over his name is gone. I’ll leave this up in case anyone else experiences this weird behavior.

I have Greipel on my team. Fantasy site is saying he is out. Stage classification shows him finishing 13:58 behind. No news on his withdrawal yet. Any ideas?

I guess I’m due for my first substitution.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    nostradamus up in here...did you make any adjustments?
    No, made no trades. Wasn't willing to part with Bernal to get Aliphillipe. Also wanted to see how Viviani performed on a hilly stage before making changes. That test went to hell when I saw Aliphillipe take off - knew the rest of QuickStep was just gonna sit up.
    Will see how EV does tomorrow in a stage more suited to pure sprinters.

Anybody else think Aliphillipe bears a striking resemblance to Marco Pantini?

Alaphilippe FTW and Road Captain!!! (pats self on back)

ROTG still in yellow!!!
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah it just isn’t quite he same without Paul but Bob is filling in nicely. He’s maybe better suited for that role since he’s excruciatingly awkward on camera with his quirky mannerisms. Schlanger on the other hand is a weirdo.

Watching the interview with Bobke on NBCSN and I had no idea he lives in Durango. Will have to keep an eye out for him.
    The Sheriff is near!

Haven't been watching and forgot this is the first year without Paul. Sad. I think Bob is great and hope that role works out

bobke seems a little less crusty & more friendly doing the live commentary
    not sure horner is adding much at the desk yet, maybe he needs some time to figure his spot out...

I like Horner's comments. Like when he said no way Cav would make it to Stage 6.
    Like you said, he just needs to figure out his place. Schlanger and VV have been working together for several years now...

BTW, Horner is a Bend resident. Met him standing in line at Parilla's with his kids about a month after he won the Vuelta. I did a double take and said "well done in the Vuelta". He first looked surprised, then genuinely pleased someone recognized him. Chatted about the race before we had to order.

Also, Steve Porino is a Bendite. Met him a couple of years ago when his daughters were helping me with an OAS fundraiser booth. I asked him why he's out of breath so often when he's just ridiing a moto. "Because I'm spending most of my day hanging on for dear life, that's why!". Nice guy and an exceptional skier to boot.

2019 TDF Fantasy Game (with Spoiler Alerts)

I agree, Horner is doing fine, I’ve always liked that guy. Cool to hear he’s chill irl. I keep forgetting that Porino is a skier, I like him also.
    Viva leTour
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I like Horner's comments. Like when he said no way Cav would make it to Stage 6.
    Like you said, he just needs to figure out his place. Schlanger and VV have been working together for several years now...
    Steve Schlanger is a field reporter, like Porino. Its Paul Burmeister at the desk with Christian VV and Chris Horner

Right you are! My mistake

Horner's ascent of the Angliru during his 2013 Vuelta win remains one of the most farcical displays in pro cycling. I can't take him seriously as a commentator. Give me McEwen and Keenan.

Viviani!

Confirming rules for points transfers on trades. from the game organizers
    "Hi, thanks for the note. If a rider joins your team, you don't score the points he earned previously. But of course you will earn his points afterwards! And yes you keep the points earned by your previous riders even if they're not in your team anymore . Cheers"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Steve Schlanger is a field reporter, like Porino. Its Paul Burmeister at the desk with Christian VV and Chris Horner
    Schlanger sat in for Paul a couple days ago. Glad that isn’t happening for the entire tour.

Just figured out that the points awarded for standings at end of stage are not doubled for the road captain, only those related to the stage...

I can't believe Lance was invited on the broadcast today and will be apparently be doing segments throughout the tour. Dumbfounded.