Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    RIDING OFF TO GLORY-Garth Bimble
    FURIOUS PEDDLERS - acinpdx
    EVERYONEPLAYSOPENLY EPO - Dee Hubbs
    TEAM EC -
    TBS - TBS
    FUCK THE ASO. LONG LIVE VELOGAMES -
    KAT5 - Mrs Dee Hubbs (hope that cool, its $10 more to the winner)
    KALISTO - kalisto
    TGR SPANKY - spanky

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    You could but only on the 2 rest days. If you recall I was a little pissed because you could add a rider mid-race and if you did you got all his bonus points at end, not just the ones that he earned while on your team. For example, if you had GT for the whole tour and I picked him up on a rest day we both got the same bonus points for having him at the end and I don't think that's changed.

Looks like they've the changed the replacement system this year, apparently you can use "credits' to get new riders although not exactly sure how to get the credits. If anybody figures it out let me know.
    You get 400 points, it cost you 50 points to change a rider. You get the full credit of the rider(s) you drop towards your new pick(s). Means you get 8 changes! Changes can be made at any point, as long as the stage has not started (or cut off time).
    There is bullshit points to gain by inviting people to join. 2-3 referral sign ups get you an extra 50 points and 4+ reveals gets you 100 points. But that's shitty if someone in our game gets extra rider changes because of referrals.

^^^Can you trade up a 6 credit schlub for say Peter Sagan, and total cost is 50 credits? Or does the trade have to be for a rider of equal or lesser value? Because I see all sorts of ways to game this rule...

Oh yea - I think “Fuck the ASO” is my team from last year. Won’t be fielding a team under that name this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Can you trade up a 6 credit schlub for say Peter Sagan, and total cost is 50 credits? Or does the trade have to be for a rider of equal or lesser value? Because I see all sorts of ways to game this rule...
    Star Points are what riders are worth. You drop Segan for 20* points and can buy another rider worth 20* points or less.
    Credit points = The 400 "Credits" you begin with or the 50 "credits" per change is a different thing/currency. The credits are also used in a more complex MERCADO GAME where you constantly change riders and and auction bid on riders as their value changes throughout the tour. I think it's a french thing.

I'm fuck the ASO

I'm in as Doped to the Gills. Best of luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm in as Doped to the Gills. Best of luck everyone!
    Excellent!!! 10 entries!!! Way to go gang.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You get 400 points, it cost you 50 points to change a rider. You get the full credit of the rider(s) you drop towards your new pick(s). Means you get 8 changes! Changes can be made at any point, as long as the stage has not started (or cut off time).
    There is bullshit points to gain by inviting people to join. 2-3 referral sign ups get you an extra 50 points and 4+ reveals gets you 100 points. But that's shitty if someone in our game gets extra rider changes because of referrals.
    I see it now...many thanks!
    The Sheriff is near!

RIDING OFF TO GLORY-Garth Bimble
    FURIOUS PEDDLERS - acinpdx
    EVERYONEPLAYSOPENLY EPO - Dee Hubbs
    TEAM EC - F#*k You Cat
    TBS - TBS
    FUCK THE ASO. LONG LIVE VELOGAMES - ICEHOCKEY77
    KAT5 - Mrs Dee Hubbs
    KALISTO - kalisto
    TGR SPANKY - spanky
    DOPED TO THE GILLS - huckbucket
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 07-05-2019 at 05:24 PM.

JayPowHound are you signed up?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I'll play if it happens. Sucks velogames got the shaft
    F#*k You Cat is Team EC.
    Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Count me in. Haven't followed a single.race this year. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 07-05-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Team EC is me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JayPowHound are you signed up? Are you Team EC?

How about you F#*k You Cat?
    Just sent JPH a PM to remind him of the deadline.
    The Sheriff is near!

Star Points are what riders are worth. You drop Segan for 20* points and can buy another rider worth 20* points or less.
    Credit points = The 400 "Credits" you begin with or the 50 "credits" per change is a different thing/currency. The credits are also used in a more complex MERCADO GAME where you constantly change riders and and auction bid on riders as their value changes throughout the tour. I think it's a french thing.
    Thanks for this Dee. Just ot make sure, help me with a sanity check on a hypothetical...
    I decide that my existing rider Thibou Pinot (20 credits) sucks but Egan Bernal (21 credits) and Roman Bardet (19 credits) are on fire.
    I can't trade Pinot for Bernal
    I can trade Pinot for Bardet plus 50 of my 400 trade credits
    Correct?

Oh yea, my mistake on Team Fuck the ASO - My team last year was Fuck You ASO

Thanks for this Dee. Just ot make sure, help me with a sanity check on a hypothetical...
    I decide that my existing rider Thibou Pinot (20 credits) sucks but Egan Bernal (21 credits) and Roman Bardet (19 credits) are on fire.
    I can't trade Pinot for Bernal
    I can trade Pinot for Bardet plus 50 of my 400 trade credits
    Correct?

Oh yea, my mistake on Team Fuck the ASO - My team last year was Fuck You ASO
    I'm sure Dee will confirm but that's the way I understand it. 50 credits to make the change, new rider's point value must be equal to or less than the old rider's. I suppose you could switch out other riders to free up more points but that would cost another 50 credits each.

I'm pretty stoked about this feature, definitely going to make things more interesting.
    The Sheriff is near!

Thats exactly how I read it.
    The only unanswered question is: Do you keep the points that Pinot earned you, and do you only get the points for Bardet from the day you picked him, or do you get the points that Bardet earned from the beginning.
    Last year that was the flaw with the rest day changes that we did not like, someone picked up Froome in the last week and got all his points.
    Of course TBS' question is hypothetical, because he is talking about French riders being in contention..... First shots fired.

Last year that was the flaw with the rest day changes that we did not like, someone picked up Froome in the last week and got all his points.
    I didn’t make any changes to my roster last year. So, thankfully, it didn’t have any bearing on who took home the bacon. Other standings below that??? Who really cares.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Thats exactly how I read it.
    Of course TBS' question is hypothetical, because he is talking about French riders being in contention..... First shots fired.
    Thanks for the interpretation

Yup I expected some shit about framing the hypo. Note that I have neither on my roster - agonized over whether to include Pinot, ultimately went with Fuglsang

Cavendish left off the DD squad...damn, not sure I can go on after hearing that news.
    The Sheriff is near!

2019 TDF Fantasy Game (with Spoiler Alerts)

Who’s got Fuglsang...on the deck

[ETA] back in the group...

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Cavendish left off the DD squad...damn, not sure I can go on after hearing that news.
    The Sport Director wanted him, but the OWNER of the team said no....
    He is now doing all kind of "nice marketing" this week, like going for rides with sick kids, and charity work. Maybe he thinks that people will forget what a dick he is.

Haha, good for Teunissen

The Sport Director wanted him, but the OWNER of the team said no....
    He is now doing all kind of "nice marketing" this week, like going for rides with sick kids, and charity work. Maybe he thinks that people will forget what a dick he is.
    I think the term “whiney bitch” fits better. Even calls up Chris VV to whine.

Wild day. Sad for Groenewegan but great for Teunissen. Anybody have him on their team?

ETA - gotta be cool to get your first yellow jersey from Eddie Merckx...

Wild day. Sad for Groenewegan but great for Teunissen. Anybody have him on their team?
    He is a 9 point All-rounder pick.

Geraint Thomas hit the barriers in that 2km to go crash and went down hard. Not much being reported about him.

2019 TDF Fantasy Game (with Spoiler Alerts)

Wtf happened w/ Thomas...did he finish?!? No points assigned!

[ETA]just saw the replay...oof!