Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    10%? I'd do it for 5%...
    4%!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    4%!
    Tree fiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    No vaccine for TB, and since bacteria seem to be winning the resistance war the prospect of drug-resistant TB coming back is very real and very scary.
    tuberculosis is still out there --

the risk of infection and the mechanism of exposure are Very different.

but ask someone in health care who has been exposed, If they are concerned . . .

yes : you bet -

my grandfather lost his wife to influenza in 1918-ish --
    if he had not, he would not have married my grandmother, and neither my father nor I would have been born...

it has been an eventful century...

oh, vaccinated with Faith : it does not work in Africa.

skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    BCG no?

I think I have the scar to prove it.
    WHO says that it's only partially efficacious at protecting infants and young children and poorly protective against pulmonary disease in adolescents and adults. Better than nothing, but it's not in the same league as MMR, DTaP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    My Belief System is based upon: Believe whatever the fuck you wish, be it Religion, Gender/Sexual Orientation or Politics.

Just keep it to yourself.
    And so long as your beliefs don't have an impact on my life. I would argue religion definitely impacts my life, as those kooks are mostly GOP cunts and GOP tactics and policy are fucking things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    tuberculosis is still out there --

the risk of infection and the mechanism of exposure are Very different.

but ask someone in health care who has been exposed, If they are concerned . . .

yes : you bet -
    Definitely out there enough that these days a negative TB skin test isn't enough for US immigration services and a blood Ab titer is required, usually in conjunction with a chest X-ray since the TB vaccine typically results in positive blood tests.
    1.5 million deaths from TB in 2013.

On a somewhat related note... anyone else refer to mormons as scoops? I learned it when I was in Utah, but it doesn't seem very ubiquitous.
    I love using this term and have spread it around town. It's not offensive to scoops since they don't know what it means.
    It refers to the fact that when momos are born the doc opens their skull and scoops out half their brain... thus they are henceforth known as scoops.

But I'm also not down with shitting on someone's faith. christians, muslims, jews, hindus, buddhists... you're all kooks wasting your time while you're still vertical. Unless you're among the Jain Dharma then your religion is nutty and horseshit imo, but who am I to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I'm willing to look into a hat and tell anyone the secrets of the universe so long as they give me 10% of their lifetime earnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    10%? I'd do it for 5%...
    It's a race to the bottom for some Discount Salvation.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

"Going Clear" is well worth watching if you are at all interested about the inner workings of Scientology:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I think this documentary is even better (but they're both worth watching)

Never thought of Scientology as Christian. They wave the Jesus card as a part of the tax scam.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It's a race to the bottom for some Discount Salvation.
    I'll do it for 12%. You'll pay more upfront but my universal secrets are really, really good.

37%

ill do it for less but all of your [wives, daughters, and sisters] are belong to us.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Never thought of Scientology as Christian. They wave the Jesus card as a part of the tax scam.
    They view Jesus of one of many teachers, but not as a god.

RE: Scoops.

Yep, one of my favorites.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I had a roomey one ski season who told me he was a "Jack Mormon " so I asked what is that ?

one who has strayed from the church he said, in spite of or probably becuz of being the son of a Bishop

there is also a JacK Mormon's coffee shop in SLC
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Mormans are just like anyone else. Pretty main stream.
    But holy shit can the young ones be naive.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

I think this documentary is even better (but they're both worth watching)
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Looks hysterical.

Sheeple will always exist, so exploiters will always be there for them. Mind blowing just how easy it is and all tax free.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    ill do it for less but all of your [wives, daughters, and sisters] are belong to us.
    Mmmmm, some days, I'd consider that deal.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had a roomey one ski season who told me he was a "Jack Mormon " so I asked what is that ?

one who has strayed from the church he said, in spite of or probably becuz of being the son of a Bishop

there is also a JacK Mormon's coffee shop in SLC
    A Jack Mormon is someone who's not strictly observant but maintains a positive view of the Church and its beliefs.
    Ex-mormons or post-mormons have disaffiliated with the church due to a change in their belief structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-Mormon

That said, I think it's horrendous that LDS, inc has amassed a cash reserve of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ while peddling Joseph Smith's fabricated rhetoric around the globe and soliciting meager sums to line their coffers from destitute individuals worldwide. A lot of good that investment fund is gonna do when Jesus is burning the earth and its inhabitants at the second coming. The mormon religion, institutionally and culturally, is among the most materialistic environments I have experienced in my life. It's right up there with Trump, Inc. "You can buy anything in this world with money," famous last words.

so there are 3 ways to give up being a mormon ?

edit: after actualy reading the wiki link there is alot to it

Buddy was opposed to the money aspect, his parents giving everything to the church pissed him off, he realized with 10 siblings there wasnt gona be much inheritence but it he claimed the only church with mo money than the mo mo's was them catholics eh

Buddy never quite realized just just how far it is to Alaska so he didnt make it, also got stuck having a good time here in the narth of BC, he was a good roomie, he gave me his pipe before he went back to the excited states

yeah.

oh and it's not a cult.

Not according to the internet; Christians sure think it is

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Had me wondering at what point does a thing make the jump from Cult to non Cult ?

Cult
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    For other uses, see Cult (disambiguation).
    Further information: Cult (religious practice) and Sociological classifications of religious movements

In modern English, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal. This sense of the term is controversial and it has divergent definitions both in popular culture and academia and it has also been an ongoing source of contention among scholars across several fields of study.[1][2] It is usually considered pejorative.

In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a cult is a social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices,[3] although this is often unclear.[4][5][6] Other researchers present a less-organized picture of cults, saying that they arise spontaneously around novel beliefs and practices.[7] Groups said to be cults range in size from local groups with a few members to international organizations with millions.[8]

Beginning in the 1930s, cults became the object of sociological study in the context of the study of religious behavior.[9] From the 1940s the Christian countercult movement has opposed some sects and new religious movements, and it labelled them as cults for their "un-Christian" unorthodox beliefs. The secular anti-cult movement began in the 1970s and it opposed certain groups, often charging them with mind control and partly motivated in reaction to acts of violence committed by some of their members. Some of the claims and actions of the anti-cult movement have been disputed by scholars and by the news media, leading to further public controversy.

An older sense of the word cult is a set of religious devotional practices that are conventional within their culture and related to a particular figure, and often associated with a particular place. References to the "cult" of, for example, a particular Catholic saint, or the imperial cult of ancient Rome, use this sense of the word.

While the literal original sense of the word in English remains in use, a derived sense of "excessive devotion" arose in the 19th century.[10] The terms cult and cultist came into use in medical literature in the United States in the 1930s for what would now be termed "faith healing", especially as practised in the US Holiness movement. This usage experienced a surge of popularity at the time, and extended to other forms of alternative medicine as well.[11]

I think the world is just empty and meaningless if you don't give it some

Buddy was opposed to the money aspect, his parents giving everything to the church pissed him off, he realized with 10 siblings there wasnt gona be much inheritence but it he claimed the only church with mo money than the mo mo's was them catholics eh

Buddy never quite realized just just how far it is to Alaska so he didnt make it, also got stuck having a good time here in the narth of BC, he was a good roomie, he gave me his pipe before he went back to the excited states
    Giving up is one thing but fully detaching from the church is another. I dated a girl BITD who grew up Mo and dropped out. She had become staunchly anti mo in parts because of the constant barrage of missionaries who came to her door trying to convince her to go back to church. They never leave a sheep stay away from the flock and put a lot of effort reeling it back in. She eventually had her name officially removed from the rolls and that was a lengthy process full of hoops and delays. Most ex-Mos I know in UT are technically JackMos, not active or interested in the church whatsoever but relatively quiet about it since they don't want to burn bridges with family/friends who are still gurgling the koolaid. And usually too lazy to go through the elaborate process of formally leaving the church.