Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    btw Hitchens was no fan of Billy Graham either:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe read some Hitchens on Mother Theresa. He was not a fan. To say the least.

For example:

"[Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...er-teresa.html

He wrote a book on her, https://www.amazon.com/Missionary-Po...gateway&sr=8-1
    Simultaneous events, like quantum theory, huh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Simultaneous events, like quantum theory, huh?
    Probably our Guardian Angels were behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Probably our Guardian Angels were behind it.

did not know they were French

I just saw where someone described the French as "those rifle droppers. seemed fit.
    Last edited by iceman; 06-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Napolean might have a word there, but the modern myths must stand, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    ^^ This is disgusting.
    pretty good description of the Vatican, actually.

Sad thing is I’m not even surprised that religious discrimination is so rampant in here.

It’s interesting how the church and bigotry used to go hand in hand. Now the anti-church types expose the same bigotry.
    What a crock. Criticizing white supremacism couched in scripture and glazed with a vapid, suburban sense of moral superiority isn't discrimination and it isn't bigotry. Pull your head out of your ass.

If one is deft enough to distinguish between the opportunism of religions and the instances of faith, there might be some understanding. Otherwise, it's just comedy or compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    What a crock. Criticizing white supremacism couched in scripture and glazed with a vapid, suburban sense of moral superiority isn't discrimination and it isn't bigotry. Pull your head out of your ass.
    Boom.

Reflect their own hatred back at them and they cry foul.

FZ's little ode to Jim and Tammy Faye, Pat Robertson, et al:

"They tried to make me go to Catholic school, too. I lasted a very short time. When the penguin came after me with a ruler, I was out of there. (...)I still went to church regularly, though, until I was eighteen years old. Then suddenly, the light bulb went on over my head. All the mindless mobidity and discipline was pretty sick – bleeding this, painful that and no meat on Friday. What is this shit? (...) Well, I think it was possible to do what I've done only because I escaped the bondage of being a devout believer. To be a good member of the congregation, ultimately you have to stop thinking. The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden story. The fruit that was forbidden was on the tree of knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could still be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions." (Frank Zappa. Interview in Playboy, 1993)

But, despite his objections against organized religion and the fact that he didn't believe in God or Jesus, he tolerated religious people.

Frank Zappa, The Real Frank Zappa Book:
    <blockquote>"One of the misconceptions about evangelicals in the U.S. is that they're all as extreme as Swaggart, Falwell and Robertson. They're not. Most of them just want to worship at their local church. They don't give a shit about those guys on television -- they think they're clowns and that what they do cheapens everyone's religious experience. On this, we definitely agree."</blockquote>

so many irrefyootable faks!

Does this line of reasoning fly when criticizing Islam?

Take a lap.
    There's a reason I refer to a certain subset in this country as the Christian Taliban. And if the 'vast majority' put up with it, then they are equally culpable.

Is someone prancing around in their Miss Construe Contest Talent Show brassiere again?

these anti-bigot bigots need to form a church and get tax free non profit status amass wealth and start fucking some policy. maybe some bigot burning, invade conquer torture convert some bigot lands. an inquisition would be nice.

the shit scented church of the contrarian attention whore.

Zappa is what I like to call - enlighten by the hypocrisy and dogma of controlled thinking.
    I also grew up a Catholic and became more of a Buddhist because I couldn't buy into the dogma and hypocrisy. Buddism allowed me the freedom to think in terms of humanity rather than confined thinking.
    Anyone that thinks they know what God wants or tells us how to live as an absolute is lost in dogma and control IMO. I see religion as a guideline and a foundation to become a better person spirituallly and socially. It's just a form of control and those that preach in absolutes. Humans are too weak to go beyond what they are told when it comes to manipulation and those that do are labelled as heretics or ostracized for not being puppets.
    Now I sound intolerant but not really. Just frustrated that humanity has to suffer because of the us vs them mentality.
    My 2 cents.
    Sorry if offend anyone but this is how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Christian ^
    Hahaha. Thanks for that, 4 posts in and I howled out loud! Well played sir!

OHNONOTBLMANDSPLC!!!! SOMUCHSTRUCTURALINJUSTICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    these anti-bigot bigots need to form a church and get tax free non profit status amass wealth and start fucking some policy. maybe some bigot burning, invade conquer torture convert some bigot lands. an inquisition would be nice.
    Perfect bigotry
    An eye for an eye.

VS.

JESUS
    Love Your Enemies.

Just sayin' (in concurrence with above post)

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Perfect bigotry
    An eye for an eye.

VS.

JESUS
    Love Your Enemies.

Just sayin'
    whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Don’t forget raping young children. That’s a core tenet of Christian leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Perfect bigotry
    An eye for an eye.

VS.

JESUS
    Love Your Enemies.

Just sayin' (in concurrence with above post)
    Is it possible for you to distinguish between religion and faith?

Religion is supposed to implement faith, but in practice, doesn't.

Consider The Crusades, The Eighty Years War, any number of Inquisitions, Pope Gregory IX, The Jesuits, Galileo, Copericus, Cavalieri, Torricelli, let alone the rampant abuse of children on the part of religion. Is that loving thy enemy? These are not acts of faith, but religion.

I can't speak for others, but imho, a person of faith is not the same as an organization of religion. Should the former confuse themselves with the latter they should think more carefully.

a buddy of mine attended a jewish service so I asked him what he thot of the religion

he said " it ain't a religion its a tribe, there was a guy up there reading aloud from the book but there were also 2 guys in the back loudly arguing business, there are people talking, there are people asleep and still that guy at the front just keeps reading "

as for myself I have just never got religion so as i point out to religious people " its kinda like you told me a joke and I didn't get it/didn't find it funny "

which I imagine might piss them off but no buddy has ever said anything
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know