Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Giving up is one thing but fully detaching from the church is another. I dated a girl BITD who grew up Mo and dropped out. She had become staunchly anti mo in parts because of the constant barrage of missionaries who came to her door trying to convince her to go back to church. They never leave a sheep stay away from the flock and put a lot of effort reeling it back in. She eventually had her name officially removed from the rolls and that was a lengthy process full of hoops and delays. Most ex-Mos I know in UT are technically JackMos, not active or interested in the church whatsoever but relatively quiet about it since they don't want to burn bridges with family/friends who are still gurgling the koolaid. And usually too lazy to go through the elaborate process of formally leaving the church.
    The internet doth provide https://quitmormon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    The internet doth provide Ihttps://quitmormon.com/
    And the internet quickly locates an article explaining why quitmormon.com has run into headwinds from the church. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ternet-seo-lds

My roomie the jack mormon had left Utah and maybe I can see why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Giving up is one thing but fully detaching from the church is another. I dated a girl BITD who grew up Mo and dropped out. She had become staunchly anti mo in parts because of the constant barrage of missionaries who came to her door trying to convince her to go back to church. They never leave a sheep stay away from the flock and put a lot of effort reeling it back in. She eventually had her name officially removed from the rolls and that was a lengthy process full of hoops and delays. Most ex-Mos I know in UT are technically JackMos, not active or interested in the church whatsoever but relatively quiet about it since they don't want to burn bridges with family/friends who are still gurgling the koolaid. And usually too lazy to go through the elaborate process of formally leaving the church.
    Localy we got yer fairly hardcore christian fundamentalist types who originaly came from yurp, not mo mo's but they will also send round their "mafia" to rescue those who try to stray, to go skiing or climbing instead of to church so its not only family and friends trying to quit, it can effect your business opurtoonities in the small town, they do alot of business with one another and it is well known they will fuck each other over !!

we also have a small Mormon church which is unusual up here in canada eh, the guys will wander around town knock on a few doors and ask if you need any help, they helped my buddy move a bunch of top soil into his garden, I supose smithers aint a bad place to do a 2 yr mission
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I had a ski bro who claimed we could become ministers by filling out a form in the Rolling Stone want adds which then would allow us ecclesiastical discounts or at least tax write offs on ski gear& ski vacations

which brings up the question what IS the difference between a church and a cult ??

how does one go about getting church status ?

what are the nuts and bolts of this scam (?)

so I was just sitting on the john and it came to me that we could find some stuff to believe in and have our own religion

What are we gona believe in ?

Would a DDS be on the fast track to church elder ?

The only difference between a cult and a religion is funding. Maybe how long it's been around. Maybe.

I thought we already started a cult here. Praise the GSA!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

say what you will but we really havent established any tenets

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    And the internet quickly locates an article explaining why quitmormon.com has run into headwinds from the church. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ternet-seo-lds
    It's not hard to get a document notarized and upload it to the site. I think it's reasonable to require identity verification.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    It's not hard to get a document notarized and upload it to the site. I think it's reasonable to require identity verification.
    You posted a link in an attempt to make departure from the LDS look simple thx to the internet. I posted an article in which it was explained that the site is running into issues with no clear solution ahead.

This latest hurdle will necessitate an open call for notaries nationwide on r/exmormon. Naugle is not a notary, and even if he was, he would not be able to notarize requests for his own clients. Many people have volunteered to help him manage the site in the past: Evan Lloyd says he’s reached out and offered his services, and there are legions of Redditors ready to volunteer. But Naugle rarely deploys helpers.

“No one’s as reliable as yourself,” he says, “and this is very sensitive, confidential stuff, too, so I don’t really feel comfortable just sending an email to a random person that I met on the internet.”
    So I take it you’re withdrawing your original point? Look, maybe his site needs to go professional and charge a fee and hire vetted people to manage the confidentiality issues...which is fine...but at the moment it sounds like an impasse has reached.

The better alternative is for LDS to use their money and organizational power to set up a simple internet process that does not involve confronting your local pope/prophet/anointed father or whatever term is appropriate. I’m not holding my breath for that one.

Meanwhile, the tragic side of credulity:

Christianity is a religion built on an account of a physical resurrection. But it is rare to see 21st-century American Christians praying for the dead to be raised in real time. Since last weekend, however, a prominent megachurch in Northern California has been calling on its members and followers to “pray for a miracle of resurrection” for a 2-year-old girl who died last weekend.

Olive Alayne Heiligenthal stopped breathing early last Saturday, according to a statement from Bethel Church spokesperson Aaron Tesauro. The circumstances are unclear, but the family called 911, and medical professionals attempted to resuscitate her at the family’s home and at the hospital. She was pronounced dead, and the church said her body has been at the Shasta County Coroner’s office since Saturday. Soon afterward, her mother posted a desperate request on Instagram. “We are asking for bold, unified prayers from the global church to stand with us in belief that He will raise this little girl back to life,” Kalley Heiligenthal wrote on Instagram, accompanied by a photograph of Olive playing outside. “Her time here is not done.”
    I’m not making fun of the deep grief of this family, obviously. But there’s a good chance that deep down this pastor knows he’s peddling BS to his flock. And that mother’s grief will not be lightened when she realizes that her daughter isn’t going to rise from the dead. Maybe she’ll be told she didn’t pray hard enough.

Meanwhile, the tragic side of credulity:

I’m not making fun of the deep grief of this family, obviously. But there’s a good chance that deep down this pastor knows he’s peddling BS to his flock. And that mother’s grief will not be lightened when she realizes that her daughter isn’t going to rise from the dead. Maybe she’ll be told she didn’t pray hard enough.
    That belongs in the POS human beings thread.

You posted a link in an attempt to make departure from the LDS look simple thx to the internet. I posted an article in which it was explained that the site is running into issues with no clear solution ahead.

So I take it you’re withdrawing your original point? Look, maybe his site needs to go professional and charge a fee and hire vetted people to manage the confidentiality issues...which is fine...but at the moment it sounds like an impasse has reached.

The better alternative is for LDS to use their money and organizational power to set up a simple internet process that does not involve confronting your local pope/prophet/anointed father or whatever term is appropriate. I’m not holding my breath for that one.
    And my point is that despite ongoing issues the quitmormon route is still easier than dealing with the local leadership.

LDS.inc has no incentive to facilitate the process. They take every possible step to maintain membership. Again, not a cult. And the word you're looking for is Bishop.

How to get out of the church - at least till they baptize you post-mortem, eh?

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    How to get out of the church - at least till they baptize you post-mortem, eh?

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Along with death and taxes there is no escaping post-mortem baptism...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Had me wondering at what point does a thing make the jump from Cult to non Cult ?
    Hopefully this clears it up for you:

Southern Death Cult:

Death Cult:

Cult:

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Speaking of stupid Christians, did anybody watch CNN and see Chris Como shred the evangelical...pretty entertaining.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

say what you will but we really havent established any tenets
    Nihilists, Dude. Fuck.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

According to a recent poll from the Public Religion Research Institute, 77% of white evangelical Protestants approve of the job Trump is doing in office, including half who strongly approve. And nearly all — 98% — of Republican white evangelical Protestants said they opposed Trump’s impeachment, the institute found.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ity-but/page27

On the one hand, they call out Dump for being a piece of shit, then the far reich says this^

https://www.christianitytoday.com/

lead story ^^ is that Trump should be removed, he probably won't be removed

but it looks bad for his re-election also history will not be kind

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You need both. At the same time.

neither are needed.... at any time.

Just remember that the family that prays together

Will be at church on Sundays

Instead of in the lineup for first chair

Just remember that the family that prays together

Will be at church on Sundays

Instead of in the lineup for first chair
    Swing by their house and help yourself to their stuff.

That would not be very Christen

But it might be a good business model for crooks

I wonder if it's been done ?