Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    antiperspirant cuz I don't like to stink '

between the trichorathane, the tolulene fumes, the booze, the drugs, all the shit I have been sposed to I don't worry about a little muthrfukin aluminium

I be like Robert Duval in " Apocalypse now " walking around in the fire zone on that beech waiting for that kid to hit the surf, not worried about the bullets zinging around ... cuz he knows he will live forever

cue the wagner eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

ok cum clean, so how many of you stinking fuckers speak Italian eh ?

Got to use the Anti, or i stink.

Nothing else works, have tried them all.

I only use deodorant if I have a fancy dinner or wedding to go to, other than that, I'm au natural. Shit I don't even shower every day if I don't work out that day.

I actually have little tolerance for perfumes and colognes including ax body spray and the like. I find someone to be overly perfumed to be much offensive to my olfactory senses than a little BO.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Got to use the Anti, or i stink.

Nothing else works, have tried them all.
    yup.
    Deodorant don't do squat except FABREEZE the smell away.
    Stop bacteria cold - anti or bust.

Anti is nice if you work in office clothes and don't want people to see sweat under your armpits. Shirts last longer if you don't wear undershirts. Some people have extreme sweating which can be crippling--especially people who have to shake hands for a living. Treated with extreme antiperspirants (Drysol) and if that doesn't work, cutting the sympathetic nerve chain. I advise people who are active to only do one limb--usually right arm so they can shake hands, write, etc--because the operation cuts off all sweating from that quarter of the body.

Maybe just some therapy so they don’t sweat at the thought of shaking someone’s hand?

I think antiperspirant is like chapstick. The more you use it the more your body tries to compensate/becomes dependent so you end up sweating more.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

bringin back da memories!

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I only use deodorant if I have a fancy dinner or wedding to go to, other than that, I'm au natural. Shit I don't even shower every day if I don't work out that day.

I actually have little tolerance for perfumes and colognes including ax body spray and the like. I find someone to be overly perfumed to be much offensive to my olfactory senses than a little BO.
    Definitely this – except the shower. Like AM coffee or brushing teeth. A must have. Eating mostly clean helps with the stink and no alcohol probably makes a difference too.

Teammate on the HS fencing team consistently used stick antiperspirant. He develops a pimple in his armpit that he’s complaining about but, pays it no major concern. It doesn’t go away and develops upper arm discomfort and weakness. Then he gets a nice boil at the end of his elbow that grows. His mom breaks down and takes him to the doctor. The boil went from his armpit all the way to his elbow. He was hospitalized for a few days and was still draining when he came back to school.

I never used antiperspirant again.

eta; that Axe stuff - wtf - fragrance run amuck
    ​I am not in your hurry

can't imagine not showering. i get into lakes and rivers even if i'm camping. i can't sleep sticky and sweaty. i take at least one shower/bath a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Definitely this – except the shower. Like AM coffee or brushing teeth. A must have. Eating mostly clean helps with the stink and no alcohol probably makes a difference too.

Teammate on the HS fencing team consistently used stick antiperspirant. He develops a pimple in his armpit that he’s complaining about but, pays it no major concern. It doesn’t go away and develops upper arm discomfort and weakness. Then he gets a nice boil at the end of his elbow that grows. His mom breaks down and takes him to the doctor. The boil went from his armpit all the way to his elbow. He was hospitalized for a few days and was still draining when he came back to school.

I never used antiperspirant again.

eta; that Axe stuff - wtf - fragrance run amuck
    ergo high school causes boils
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-20-2019 at 09:44 AM.

I think deodorant smells like sweat plus perfume- hate it on myself. So almost always nothing unless I am going to do a potentially stress-inducing presentation- that is the worst kind of stink. For that I go full anti-persperant (but unscented). It's only a couple times a year so I don't think I'm doing any damage to myself.

Anyone know if those crystal things work? At least they don;t smell like anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    Anyone know if those crystal things work? At least they don;t smell like anything.
    They do work.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Crystal things are Alum, so it has aluminum in it, which is what most people cry about being bad in antiperspirant.

I just rub tin foil on my nuts for those pressure situations.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Crystal things are Alum, so it has aluminum in it, which is what most people cry about being bad in antiperspirant.
    They say it doesn't get absorbed, no idea if it's true but: https://www.deodorantstones.com/about-us

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    extra strength gold bond if you ever run out of foil.
    Or bounce dryer sheets.

It’s easy to go without when you live in a place that never gets above 50% humidity.

Go work someplace that pushes 90% humidity four months out of the year and let’s see how long your co workers and clients put up with your stank.

If you just live in a fucking cave you don't need any of that shit but since you don't get some shit eh

or learn italian

If you look up any possible symptom you may ever have on webmd, they'll tell you it might be cancer.

When you look up deodorants on wedmd, they'll tell you that they don't cause cancer.

https://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/...t-facts-safety

So the place that tells you that everything might be cancer, says that deodorant doesn't cause cancer (or Alzheimer's).

What a boot the pheromones thing. One person's stink is other persons perfume.
    I find it interesting the theory that attraction can be based on scent and perfumed bodies either mask an opportunity or create one.

Dated a few women that liked my funk and even more during sex. Weird how that works. Can't say any woman that had armpit funk did anything for me mind you how a woman's hair smells like was always a huge turn on for me.

The smell of a man’s armpits can be relaxing.

Researchers believe we release odors that contain pheromones from many different areas of our body, including armpits, back sweat and earwax. But men’s armpits are particularly potent. When women smelled odor from mens’ armpits, they reported feeling less tense and more relaxed, Wysocki said. That odor can also trigger changes in women’s menstrual cycles, Preti added.

In conclusion, raise your arms when you give your Valentine a gift today, Wysocki said. And until scientists can tease out the chemical compounds that trigger these responses, don’t trust the pheromone perfumes.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/romancing-armpit

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Several long term girlfriends have told me I don’t have much scent at all. Haven’t used deodorant since I was a teen when I thought a person was supposed to. Ok maybe if I’m headed out on a 7 day hiking trip or something.
    I think I’ve had one single stick of deodorant last a decade.

But if I eat just one fast food hamburger I get BO for sure. Might be the amonia they use to make the pink slime? Other than the occasional burger on the road I eat super healthy all whole foods never from a can or box. Mix of meat and veggies cooked at home every day. Take most of my camping food precooked with me.
    It's been 7 years since pink slime was stopped being produced

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    It's been 7 years since pink slime was stopped being produced

In Paris it's good to smell like you've been fucking.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 06-21-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    It’s easy to go without when you live in a place that never gets above 50% humidity.

Go work someplace that pushes 90% humidity four months out of the year and let’s see how long your co workers and clients put up with your stank.
    I don't know about this. I think you sweat about the same amount in both places, it just evaporates in dry climates but still leaves the stink behind (in fact we might sweat more in a dry climate, see the need to drink more water in dry climates and this- https://engineering.mit.edu/engage/a...high-humidity/) And this has been my experience- I stink no more or less depending on whether I am in a dry or humid environment as far as I can tell.

I think my username gives me particular cred on this one . . .