Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn China

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Yeah bromo, where is this 'pretty good argument' about parts of CA joining us? Does the guy not realize how much contempt Canadians have for our government? And how good life is up there, for the most part?
    One of the most interesting features of my time in Victoria as "American Boyfriend" was having to explain our dumbfounding fucked-up stupid country to dumbfounded Canadians who would ask me (politely, I'm paraphrasing here: ) why we're so stupid and fucked-up.

I boiled it down to this:
    Canada:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warning-neighborhood-block-watch-area-sign-in-richmond-bc-canada-M6MK56.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	286251
    Smiling cartoon houses patting each other on the back.

USA:
    Name:  nhw_logo.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  71.1 KB
    frightening threatening shadowy danger man.

Canada money:
    Name:  6382944_orig.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  27.0 KB
    Happy children playing outdoors

USA money:

Name:	dollar-bill-one-dollar-bill-backside-us-dollar-isolated-on-100-white-CXH0KF.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	286254
    Weird creepy spider webs and eyeball pyramid and all kinds of wtf

At every turn you see values choices: happy/healthy/sane versus rich/tough/prideful

In general, people lack appreciation for their own socialization and lack awareness of their own values and how those values shape their lives. The Canadians I spoke with, I think, mainly puzzled about why free citizens of the US don't make sane, healthy choices for themselves and the world. Well:
    1) We're not as free as you think we are. Most elections are douchebag vs. douchebag. Most news and information we get is curated by business agendas at some level or another, often at subconscious levels the content producers don't even appreciate. Most of our schooling processes are set up to make us good workers and good consumers, not necessarily to make us healthy, sane, and free. The societal consequences of being genuinely healthy, sane, and free are a lot to overcome...from childhood fistfights to poor employment prospects to police actions and various forms of institutionalization. There are massive, entrenched business superstructures benefiting from forms of fear and poor health.

2) It's a great place to be very rich, because the very rich can buy anything: safety, justice, health, the political/legal system. If and when anyone mounts a genuine campaign to change the free-for-all conditions for the wealthiest Americans, they're under threat. They can buy anything: they can undermine or kill anyone....and smart people know this intuitively, so only somebody a little off would undertake a serious challenge to this system....and we're cultured to dislike these challengers, because the wealthiest Americans can buy anything, so they bought the culture. They bought very smart psychologists and marketers and raised generations of Americans on media that portrays the very rich as desirable and heroic and their challengers as unhinged and threatening. It takes a lot to overcome this kind of a stranglehold.

Since the price of a barrel of oil went down the tubes and Alberta has again failed to plan I doubt they are in any postion to do anything but collect federal benifits, I skied with a guy who told me he had been thru 6 boom/bust cycles
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    no talking about tariffs & trade wars so beef/timber/steel/aluminium

most recently the orange baboon declares Canada a security risk and puts a tarif on steel and aluminium from canada never mind when (not if) the USA goes to war to kill brown people the USA don't actualy make enough aluminium on their own .
    Steel and Aluminum tariffs were lifted a week or two ago. They were used (in bad faith bargaining) to get the new Nafta deal done. Tariffs were threatened against Mexico, again in bad faith negotiations to have mexico deal with their central american migrant issue. Par for the course.

China snubbed PM pretty boy and guess what, he did nothing while they falsely shut down Canola and now pork imports... just as bad faith as Trump. Two super powers get in a fight and it's the moderates who get fucked.

I just thru that out there and wondered if anybody else would notice^^ in any case its about Canada detaining Meng Wanzhou to honor an extradition agreement on a charge that may or may not be bogus but it all boils down to the Trump vs China thing

but yeah trump uses alot of bad faith on the neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    One of the most interesting features of my time in Victoria as "American Boyfriend" was having to explain our dumbfounding fucked-up stupid country to dumbfounded Canadians who would ask me (politely, I'm paraphrasing here: ) why we're so stupid and fucked-up. ..
    so i didnt get it wrong

but i wasn't polite either

sorry , cuz apoligising is of course a very Canadian thing eh

my only excuse can be that I am habituated by hanging with so many americans on-line

If you guys would just buy some of these digital tokens all those problems would go away.

*ducks airborne shoe*

Once again, yetiman is spot on. I'd love to be part of the revolution, but I'm just here taking potshots at the rich assholes on the TRG.

One of the most interesting features of my time in Victoria as "American Boyfriend" was having to explain our dumbfounding fucked-up stupid country to dumbfounded Canadians who would ask me (politely, I'm paraphrasing here: ) why we're so stupid and fucked-up.
    When I lived in Canada I kept my origin story a secret. If/when I let it slip that I was actually American, the response was usually, "well, you don't seem American" - meant as a compliment.

I'm flying Air Canada tomorrow. How do I keep my national identity a secret?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Don't be an asshole?

Just dress like this guy

Attachment 286282

If somebody bumps into you instead of starting a fight, say " sorry eh "

Canada:

Name:	warning-neighborhood-block-watch-area-sign-in-richmond-bc-canada-M6MK56.jpg 

USA:

Canada money:

USA money:

Name:	dollar-bill-one-dollar-bill-backside-us-dollar-isolated-on-100-white-CXH0KF.jpg 

At every turn you see values choices: happy/healthy/sane versus rich/tough/prideful

In general, people lack appreciation for their own socialization and lack awareness of their own values and how those values shape their lives. The Canadians I spoke with, I think, mainly puzzled about why free citizens of the US don't make sane, healthy choices for themselves and the world. Well:
    1) We're not as free as you think we are. Most elections are douchebag vs. douchebag. Most news and information we get is curated by business agendas at some level or another, often at subconscious levels the content producers don't even appreciate. Most of our schooling processes are set up to make us good workers and good consumers, not necessarily to make us healthy, sane, and free. The societal consequences of being genuinely healthy, sane, and free are a lot to overcome...from childhood fistfights to poor employment prospects to police actions and various forms of institutionalization. There are massive, entrenched business superstructures benefiting from forms of fear and poor health.

2) It's a great place to be very rich, because the very rich can buy anything: safety, justice, health, the political/legal system. If and when anyone mounts a genuine campaign to change the free-for-all conditions for the wealthiest Americans, they're under threat. They can buy anything: they can undermine or kill anyone....and smart people know this intuitively, so only somebody a little off would undertake a serious challenge to this system....and we're cultured to dislike these challengers, because the wealthiest Americans can buy anything, so they bought the culture. They bought very smart psychologists and marketers and raised generations of Americans on media that portrays the very rich as desirable and heroic and their challengers as unhinged and threatening. It takes a lot to overcome this kind of a stranglehold.
    Great post.

Make continual references to "Gina"

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Don't be an asshole?
    This ^^ and say sorry ever chance you get

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Just dress like this guy

Attachment 286282
    What's with all of these hot blonds at Trump rallies? Are they pros?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's with all of these hot blonds at Trump rallies? Are they pros?
    These are all the high school cheerleaders that married high school jocks that couldn't get into college. Give them all a few more years in the trailer park and it's game over. Maybe they'll get their wish and will soon be making Nike's in the wood shed to MAGA.

No mention of the Muslim concentration camps in western China yet? Heard about it on NPR the other day, other than that I haven’t done any research.

Canada:

USA:

Canada money:

USA money:

Werd.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    No mention of the Muslim concentration camps in western China yet? Heard about it on NPR the other day, other than that I haven’t done any research.
    I have seen some satellite imagery lapses showing mosques being razed in western Ghina. Pretty effed up if you're into the whole human rights thing (which I'm not convinced the US supports).

Well, certainly not Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, certainly not Trump.
    Legislature capture in a chart

Attachment 286326

Canada:

USA:

Canada money:

USA money:

Remember, Comrade - You, too, can be a trillionaire if you just put your nose to the grindstone.

China = bad dudes

Alright so, just for interest sake, and let’s exclude conquest based scenarios, what sorts of territorial trades could our two countries engineer? You, if Canada and the U.S. were to sit at a table and trade some land....

If polled or whatever, I think most Canadians would offer up either Quebec or Alberta for trade. Just sayin’ , not expressing any personal opinions,... I just think those would be the most popular choices. Just for interest sake. ....What’s that worth to you guys?

St James Place and Tennessee Ave.
    I still call it The Jake.

looks like i am going to china for year soon so i will report back to the choir boys of the u.s.