Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 143

Thread: Goddamn China

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,125

    Goddamn China

    First they fuck with DD, now this again. I hope to hell we are also shipping invasive insects over there to rain terror on their crops. I don't care about walnuts, but wine and avocados?

    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-lii061719.php
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    772
    Messing with those kids in HK is making my blood boil. I am still pissed off about Tienanmen square. I was still a kid when I watched that go down and I will not forget it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    17,847
    they ain't buying our pork or rape seed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Messing with those kids in HK is making my blood boil. I am still pissed off about Tienanmen square. I was still a kid when I watched that go down and I will not forget it.
    the chinese are very concerned about your concerns

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    772
    I would not put it past them. In China they have to talk about the Tienanmen square massacre in code or risk consequences. I would not be surprised if their bots have already read this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the chinese are very concerned about your concerns

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,465
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    I would not put it past them. In China they have to talk about the Tienanmen square massacre in code or risk consequences. I would not be surprised if their bots have already read this conversation.
    They've recently taken a different spin on it:


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they pork rape
    Thatís a strong accusation

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    must not make ethnic jokes. must not make ethnic jokes. must not make ethnic jokes

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    I would not put it past them. In China they have to talk about the Tienanmen square massacre in code or risk consequences. I would not be surprised if their bots have already read this conversation.
    unfortunately in china there is a lot to what you wrote. it is a very repressive regime that uses technology to keep the communist regime in place

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they ain't buying our rape seed
    Interesting.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,985
    I just bought a pair of totally wireless ear pieces for 35 bucks from WalMart. They are awesome. So, hey, let's look at the plus side of this relationship.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,040
    "I was a China hawk... til I read Benny's story"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    i agree with that too - BroMo is funny and has a clue

    funny story, there are two types of companies in silicon valley. those that have IP stolen, and those that say they have had IP stolen

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,120
    China thanks you, Benny.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    lets look at it from the chinese point of view - they export 4% of their exports to us. do they really care that much about tarrifs?

    a lot of entities are stealing our IP. this trade dispute has made the chinese realize they can't depend us and the only thing they buy from us is high tech. so what are the chinese going to do. invest even more into developing their own high tech solutions and trying to steal even more

    there really is no win for us with the trump's trade policy

    it sells great in Michigan and Pennsylvania and the rest of the rust belt to those schmucks who think they are going to get the union jobs back making low end consumer products

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,770

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    i haven't looked at that ice, but the title is something to think about

    if you want a carbon fiber bike, I would get one now because most of the carbon frames are made in china. it is a lot of hand work and takes years to develop the technology. the bike manufactures are not going to be able to change production to cambodia or vietnam or some other low cost producer quickly. the bike sellers are quite concerned about what next year's models are going to cost

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,770
    it's only 53 seconds long, and pretty funny.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Interesting.
    AKA Canola, the name was changed about 50 yars ago but in rural Alberta a farmer will still call it the rape
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,762
    ^later - making dinner!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,736
    Yep pretty funny.
    That said, my 14yo USA made aluminum Turner 5 spot rides great. I love it!

    sent from Utah.
    sigless.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,555
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    if you want a carbon fiber bike, I would get one now because most of the carbon frames are made in china. it is a lot of hand work and takes years to develop the technology. the bike manufactures are not going to be able to change production to cambodia or vietnam or some other low cost producer quickly. the bike sellers are quite concerned about what next year's models are going to cost
    GG's wait-list might get long in a hurry.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,985
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thank you. Sometimes you just need Dave to simplify this shit.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,985
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i haven't looked at that ice, but the title is something to think about

    if you want a carbon fiber bike, I would get one now because most of the carbon frames are made in china. it is a lot of hand work and takes years to develop the technology. the bike manufactures are not going to be able to change production to cambodia or vietnam or some other low cost producer quickly. the bike sellers are quite concerned about what next year's models are going to cost
    Um, let's look at it a different way. Maybe carbon fiber bikes are a result of technology that enables a situation where an eighteen year old from farm country and just off the high speed train to some factory town can be put in charge of actually making these frames, since it's so robotized and, well, simple at that point to do. Pretty easy to move that shit elsewhere. Like Vietnam. Or Birmingham.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    35,304
    fuckers are about to unleash thousands upon thousands
    of pounds of toxic waste into our air and onto our water
    and upon our sacred land this july the fourth 2019, fuck.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •