Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn China

Goddamn China

First they fuck with DD, now this again. I hope to hell we are also shipping invasive insects over there to rain terror on their crops. I don't care about walnuts, but wine and avocados?

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-lii061719.php
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Messing with those kids in HK is making my blood boil. I am still pissed off about Tienanmen square. I was still a kid when I watched that go down and I will not forget it.

they ain't buying our pork or rape seed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Messing with those kids in HK is making my blood boil. I am still pissed off about Tienanmen square. I was still a kid when I watched that go down and I will not forget it.
    the chinese are very concerned about your concerns

I would not put it past them. In China they have to talk about the Tienanmen square massacre in code or risk consequences. I would not be surprised if their bots have already read this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the chinese are very concerned about your concerns

I would not put it past them. In China they have to talk about the Tienanmen square massacre in code or risk consequences. I would not be surprised if their bots have already read this conversation.
    They've recently taken a different spin on it:

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they pork rape
    That’s a strong accusation

must not make ethnic jokes. must not make ethnic jokes. must not make ethnic jokes

unfortunately in china there is a lot to what you wrote. it is a very repressive regime that uses technology to keep the communist regime in place

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they ain't buying our rape seed
    Interesting.

I just bought a pair of totally wireless ear pieces for 35 bucks from WalMart. They are awesome. So, hey, let's look at the plus side of this relationship.

"I was a China hawk... til I read Benny's story"

i agree with that too - BroMo is funny and has a clue

funny story, there are two types of companies in silicon valley. those that have IP stolen, and those that say they have had IP stolen

China thanks you, Benny.

lets look at it from the chinese point of view - they export 4% of their exports to us. do they really care that much about tarrifs?

a lot of entities are stealing our IP. this trade dispute has made the chinese realize they can't depend us and the only thing they buy from us is high tech. so what are the chinese going to do. invest even more into developing their own high tech solutions and trying to steal even more

there really is no win for us with the trump's trade policy

it sells great in Michigan and Pennsylvania and the rest of the rust belt to those schmucks who think they are going to get the union jobs back making low end consumer products

i haven't looked at that ice, but the title is something to think about

if you want a carbon fiber bike, I would get one now because most of the carbon frames are made in china. it is a lot of hand work and takes years to develop the technology. the bike manufactures are not going to be able to change production to cambodia or vietnam or some other low cost producer quickly. the bike sellers are quite concerned about what next year's models are going to cost

it's only 53 seconds long, and pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Interesting.
    AKA Canola, the name was changed about 50 yars ago but in rural Alberta a farmer will still call it the rape
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^later - making dinner!

Yep pretty funny.
    That said, my 14yo USA made aluminum Turner 5 spot rides great. I love it!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

if you want a carbon fiber bike, I would get one now because most of the carbon frames are made in china. it is a lot of hand work and takes years to develop the technology. the bike manufactures are not going to be able to change production to cambodia or vietnam or some other low cost producer quickly. the bike sellers are quite concerned about what next year's models are going to cost
    GG's wait-list might get long in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thank you. Sometimes you just need Dave to simplify this shit.

i haven't looked at that ice, but the title is something to think about

Um, let's look at it a different way. Maybe carbon fiber bikes are a result of technology that enables a situation where an eighteen year old from farm country and just off the high speed train to some factory town can be put in charge of actually making these frames, since it's so robotized and, well, simple at that point to do. Pretty easy to move that shit elsewhere. Like Vietnam. Or Birmingham.

oh man it's coming. they'll fuck up Bobby's lake and freak out my dogs and for what?

Where I am is super dog-friendly and yet these morons blast this shit off for...something. Fuck them. Wouldn't mind pinging a few of them with the pellet gun, but I'm not that into jail.