Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn China

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um, let's look at it a different way. Maybe carbon fiber bikes are a result of technology that enables a situation where an eighteen year old from farm country and just off the high speed train to some factory town can be put in charge of actually making these frames, since it's so robotized and, well, simple at that point to do. Pretty easy to move that shit elsewhere. Like Vietnam. Or Birmingham.
    Guerilla Gravity is making US-made carbon bikes right now that sell for significantly less than anyone else's carbon bikes made in Taiwan. They're able to do it because they figured out how to automate most of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Yep pretty funny.
    That said, my 14yo USA made aluminum Turner 5 spot rides great. I love it!

sent from Utah.
    If you wish to stay married don't ride anything else

edit: certainly nothing modern, this would apply to your bike or your wife
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-18-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Guerilla Gravity is making US-made carbon bikes right now that sell for significantly less than anyone else's carbon bikes made in Taiwan. They're able to do it because they figured out how to automate most of the process.
    It's a whole lot easier than welding. Once the tubes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    oh man it's coming. they'll fuck up Bobby's lake and freak out my dogs and for what?

Where I am is super dog-friendly and yet these morons blast this shit off for...something. Fuck them. Wouldn't mind pinging a few of them with the pellet gun, but I'm not that into jail.
    Paintball gun.

false choices abound! I'm a fan of disengaging with China economically. Cheap labor can come from other spots in SE Asia. We shouldn't let their ponzi scheme accumulate USD assets via yudgely overvalued CNY (their currency doesn't float, it's not worth what we give them. Thus, we whore ourselves for .20 on the dollar because we are bad at politics). May happen, may not but that's what I think is in USA's best interests. USA-Can-Mex don't need the rest of the world. They need us. No need to play a weak hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    false choices abound! I'm a fan of disengaging with China economically. Cheap labor can come from other spots in SE Asia. We shouldn't let their ponzi scheme accumulate USD assets via yudgely overvalued CNY (their currency doesn't float, it's not worth what we give them. Thus, we whore ourselves for .20 on the dollar because we are bad at politics). May happen, may not but that's what I think is in USA's best interests. USA-Can-Mex don't need the rest of the world. They need us. No need to play a weak hand.
    It's about time that North America became one country imo.

I kinda hated to tell Benny that I got a decent pair on Amazon for $17 but there it is,

It's about time that North America became one country imo.
    There's this dude Peter Zeihan that has a pretty good argument that parts of Canada will join the USA in the next few decades. Iirc he thinks the Quebecois won't though. And Mexico apparently has the 2nd worst geography in the world behind Afghanistan, rendering them more useful as a friendly neighbor that buys our energy while supplying inexpensive labor. Interests are so aligned in NA there's very little risk of any armed conflict. Culture just not far enough apart to be problematic. But full integration also not practical.

I kinda hated to tell Benny that I got a decent pair on Amazon for $17 but there it is,
    was gonna say a similar thing. but mine 15 dolla
    skid luxury

oh man it's coming. they'll fuck up Bobby's lake and freak out my dogs and for what?

Where I am is super dog-friendly and yet these morons blast this shit off for...something. Fuck them. Wouldn't mind pinging a few of them with the pellet gun, but I'm not that into jail.
    My lil special guy gets so upset.

His safest safe spot is the bathroom, so last year I slept on the bathroom floor with him, holding his little paw. He’d start shaking and trembling and I’d squeeze his little hand until he was ok. Then another round of fucking explosions and doggy terror. Hours and hours of that bullshit.

Such a total bummer. I just don’t know wtf is wrong with people.

I've been saying this for 30 years
    Why keep strengthening a nation that wants to dominate the world. That's should always be the USA's job so we Canadians can always keep working
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Yellow Springs, Ohio's finest resident.

I'm always blown away by the brazenness of China when it comes to institutionalized IP theft (and currency manipulation for decades as Bro points out), and who better to bring it down to a level we can digest then an ape, a hampster and an old man?

I still call it The Jake.

Totally cordless? And they come in a cool case that is basically a charger if not plugged in? 12 hour total life? These things are so Buck Rodgers

Chinese people want cars and electricity and decent living conditions just as we do

Trade is the grease that brings down totalitarian regimes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Chinese people want cars and electricity and decent living conditions just as we do

Trade is the grease that brings down totalitarian regimes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Um, so far, that ain't working, dude. As a matter of fact, you could argue it's doing the opposite. You know, Trump.

There's this dude Peter Zeihan that has a pretty good argument that parts of Canada will join the USA in the next few decades. Iirc he thinks the Quebecois won't though. And Mexico apparently has the 2nd worst geography in the world behind Afghanistan, rendering them more useful as a friendly neighbor that buys our energy while supplying inexpensive labor. Interests are so aligned in NA there's very little risk of any armed conflict. Culture just not far enough apart to be problematic. But full integration also not practical.
    we regard you as a country of mostly overweight gun toting religious fanatics ruled by some pronstar humping bone spur ridden rascist mysogynist pussy grabbing president with the attention span of a fruitfly

would you join up with you ?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm always blown away by the brazenness of China when it comes to institutionalized IP theft (and currency manipulation for decades as Bro points out...
    It has been pretty amazing to see. It had to change.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... a country of mostly overweight gun toting religious fanatics ruled by some pronstar humping bone spur ridden rascist mysogynist pussy grabbing president with the attention span of a fruitfly
    Alberta? We don't want Alberta. We have enough of those people.

Until today I had no idea that wine was a crop...

Also, I am still waiting for the killer bee invasion they prophesied back in the '70s...

And whatever happened to the medflies?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

OK you can have Celine Dion but we are keeping Shania Twain cuz she is way cute

I got some from AliExpress for 17

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560910747.334781.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	829.7 KB 
ID:	286218

Got this too Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560910869.698261.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	260.2 KB 
ID:	286219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560910921.133915.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	286220

Engraved usb arc lighter or someshit
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we regard you as a country of mostly overweight gun toting religious fanatics ruled by some pronstar humping bone spur ridden rascist mysogynist pussy grabbing president with the attention span of a fruitfly

would you join up with you ?
    We regard you as mostly equally overweight from eating nothing but maple syrup, Tim Bits, and poutine, ruled by a boy model who's vastly outmatched by his colleagues and, as a whole, the largest purchaser of the shit we make. Bonus points for having an entire province trying to divorce you every few years.

Don't get it twisted honey, y'all cute, but we're in no hurry to annex anyone either.
    I still call it The Jake.

well thats great so we won't have to figure out what copay means or how to pay for health insurance

and we won't go from a life expectancy of 12th in the world to 31st

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We regard you as mostly equally overweight from eating nothing but maple syrup, Tim Bits, and poutine, ruled by a boy model who's vastly outmatched by his colleagues and, as a whole, the largest purchaser of the shit we make. Bonus points for having an entire province trying to divorce you every few years.

Don't get it twisted honey, y'all cute, but we're in no hurry to annex anyone either.
    Wanna trade for Maui and the Wasatch mountains?
    Take Quebec and all the free maple syrup you want. They've stock piling it for decades. You'll get all the hot women and imagine forcing everyone to speak American. Could be fun.

It would be great having the freedom to chose the health care i can't afford