Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn China

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well thats great so we won't have to figure out what copay means or how to pay for health insurance

and we won't go from a life expectancy of 12th in the world to 31st
    No doubt. And while we're taking things super-seriously here lets not forget to overlook the differences the world #1 economy might deal with differently than the #10, much less the problems associated with having 327 million people as opposed to a largely homogeneous 31 million.

You stay you, and we can talk 51st state down the road if it ever comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Wanna trade for Maui and the Wasatch mountains?
    Take Quebec and all the free maple syrup you want. They've stock piling it for decades. You'll get all the hot women and imagine forcing everyone to speak American. Could be fun.
    Kenny, you present an interesting offer. Hawai'i might have problems with the deal, but they've submitted to new leaders before. I hear maple syrup is worth more than melted gold by the ounce so we may be on to something.

The Quebeqois women could be just icing on the cake.
    I still call it The Jake.

well yeah you fuck your people over, but lets see if china over takes over as the #1 economy in the world eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

well yeah you fuck your people over, but lets see if china over takes over as the #1 economy in the world eh
    Ok man, let me know when the US fires up concentration camps in 2019 like China then we can talk. Until then, feel free to toss stones from glass houses in the narth and leave the geographic hubris to Hugh.

we don't seem to agree in spite of also having mcdoanalds, we have different systems of government so maybe we shouldn't become part of america then but what a ludicrous statement that was

It would be great having the freedom to chose the health care i can't afford
    If you join us, you might be able to get a Stanley Cup.

we don't seem to agree in spite of also having mcdoanalds, we have different systems of government so maybe we shouldn't become part of america then but what a ludicrous statement that was
    We will always have more in common than just shared fast food franchises, despite us not pledging allegiance to Her Majesty, and that's a good thing.

Every 37th pot shot from the cheap seats about tired stereotypes will be called out though. It's just regulation hockey.

wait as opposed to friends arent we in a trade war over steel and aluminium cuz you know Canada is a security risk

never mind that if there was an actual war the USA could not supply their own aluminium

free lunch is over

“If we take this on as a U.S.-only responsibility, nations that benefit from that movement of oil through the Strait of Hormuz and the Persian Gulf are bearing little or no responsibility for the actual economic benefit that they gain,” he said.

The bulk of Persian Gulf oil goes to several countries in Asia, he said. “And none of those countries have actually shown any real predilection to press the Iranians to stop what they are doing.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wan...en-11560898733

Most carbon fiber bikes come from Taiwan not China. BC is already the PNW. Just wish I could get a green card

I was referring to the a-rice comment about the Stanley Cup in my above posting. Fro some reason I feel compelled to point that out. F*ck hockey btw.

As for the flair up of Manifest Destiny rearing it's head in this thread........ really???

First it was stink bugs, now this.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by MataPaw View Post
    Most carbon fiber bikes come from Taiwan not China. BC is already the PNW. Just wish I could get a green card
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-china-is-over

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    First it was stink bugs, now this.
    Those stinky little bugs are from China too?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yes, the stink bug was traced back to a shipping container that came from China and was opened in Penciltucky.

The first year or two they decimated my garden. I had to pull up all plants and burn them to kill the eggs they laid. It of course did little good as they proliferated beyond control. The state of MD had a program to develop a pesticide. The only thing I know that eats them is a chicken or a spider.

They have not been so bad last few years but still around.
    watch out for snakes

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

wait as opposed to friends arent we in a trade war over steel and aluminium cuz you know Canada is a security risk

never mind that if there was an actual war the USA could not supply their own aluminium
    I love Canada and hate the thought, but are you really talking about being competitive in an “actual war” with the United States?

Zomg man. No.

1 series of craigslist ads could destroy that country:

Free AR-15 and ammo and $10,000 for every confirmed kill.

Think there are any psychos in the USA who want a free machine gun and a pile of money? Forget Texas and Florida, we could even just put that ad in Michigan and Ohio and you’d still be rat fucked.

I mean, the same reason your country is so much better than ours (fewer desperate angry psychos with nothing to lose) is why you’d be in rough shape trying to fight us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    There's this dude Peter Zeihan that has a pretty good argument that parts of Canada will join the USA in the next few decades. Iirc he thinks the Quebecois won't though. And Mexico apparently has the 2nd worst geography in the world behind Afghanistan, rendering them more useful as a friendly neighbor that buys our energy while supplying inexpensive labor. Interests are so aligned in NA there's very little risk of any armed conflict. Culture just not far enough apart to be problematic. But full integration also not practical.
    I'd rather parts of the us join Canada. Sign VT up to be West New Brunswick.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I love Canada and hate the thought, but are you really talking about being competitive in an “actual war” with the United States?

Zomg man. No.

1 series of craigslist ads could destroy that country:

Free AR-15 and ammo and $10,000 for every confirmed kill.

Think there are any psychos in the USA who want a free machine gun and a pile of money? Forget Texas and Florida, we could even just put that ad in Michigan and Ohio and you’d still be rat fucked.

I mean, the same reason your country is so much better than ours (fewer desperate angry psychos with nothing to lose) is why you’d be in rough shape trying to fight us.
    no talking about tariffs & trade wars so beef/timber/steel/aluminium

most recently the orange baboon declares Canada a security risk and puts a tarif on steel and aluminium from canada never mind when (not if) the USA goes to war to kill brown people the USA don't actualy make enough aluminium on their own .

in any case we aren't about to hook up the idea was ludicrous altho it appears some people would rather join Canada

but what a ludicrous statement that was
    Yeah bromo, where is this 'pretty good argument' about parts of CA joining us? Does the guy not realize how much contempt Canadians have for our government? And how good life is up there, for the most part?

Attention all Canadians:
    Any beef (or timber, steel, aluminum) you have with the US belongs in the "Goddamn USA" thread. This one is about China, goddamn it.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Yeah bromo, where is this 'pretty good argument' about parts of CA joining us? Does the guy not realize how much contempt Canadians have for our government? And how good life is up there, for the most part?
    Universal health care is probably the big one, what Canadian in their right mind would sign on to pay a huge bill for health insurance when they didnt need any before, i had never heard the word "copay" before reading it on US based paddling & skiing websites

Meanwhile back in China...this just in...

https://chinatribunal.com/
    "Despite Chinese assertions that it ceased the practice of removing body parts from executed prisoners years ago, the China Tribunal – led by prominent lawyers, human rights experts, and a transplant surgeon – unanimously determined that widespread organ harvesting from prisoners and dissidents remains an ongoing horror inside China.

"The conclusion shows that very many people have died indescribably hideous deaths for no reason, that more may suffer in similar ways," Sir Geoffrey Nice QC said on Monday while delivering the panel's final judgement.

"There is no evidence of the practice having been stopped and the tribunal is satisfied that it is continuing."

After months of considering witness testimony and a giant trove of documentary evidence, the tribunal said it was clear that the official line on transplants in China simply didn't add up.

Extraordinarily short waiting times (sometimes only weeks or less) for transplant procedures are common in China, suggestive of a rich surplus of compatible organs – but where do the endless body parts come from?

Enver Tohti, a former Chinese surgeon who gave evidence at the hearings, told how he was ordered to "cut deep and work fast" as a young surgeon working at an execution site in northwest China.

While extracting the liver and kidneys from an executed victim who had been shot in the head and dumped by the side of a road, Tohti made a horrifying discovery.

"I started cutting down the middle and then he started struggling and I knew then that he was still alive, but he was too weak to resist me, " Tohti told The Telegraph.

Accounts like these – and reports that Chinese doctors readily admit to undercover investigators that body parts in the hospital system are illegally sourced from members of the persecuted spiritual group, Falun Gong – convinced the panel there was "direct and indirect evidence of forced organ harvesting"."

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Hate not thy messenger... idgaf what Alberta does. I'd rather live under their laws tho, if that helps you understand my sympathy for the opposition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw5LjZ3Q7j4