Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Looks like perhaps the real problem is teenagers:

Name:  frontpagenews.png
Views: 478
Size:  96.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    don't piss off skynet
    Once AI because sentient and understands what a POS mankind is, it should all be over in a flash, unless AI is programmed to care about the rest of the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

It'll be right on the verge of wiping us out and then...

...and we'll all just carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Once AI because sentient and understands what a POS mankind is, it should all be over in a flash, unless AI is programmed to care about the rest of the planet.

1968 mind you.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

12 or so years old but still right on.
    You fuckers need to spend some time and get up to speed on Stanhope. I'm telling you. Start with anything at least 10 years old. Brilliant shit.

You fuckers need to spend some time and get up to speed on Stanhope. I'm telling you. Start with anything at least 10 years old. Brilliant shit.
    That video was a bit tough for me.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Well he's trying to tell the truth and a lot of people find that hard to take. I'm a huge standup fan and what I like is he's smart and he doesn't care if you like him.

Sorry if it bothered you though, seriously.

relativity has all ways been around us, Einstein codified that a hundy or so ago.

the world will always be. we think too much of ourselves?

no doubt

KQ might be a bit put off by that Chappelle special referenced here that I'm watching.

Edit: Oh no, that's that OTHER thread. Damn. Still kinda harsh.

Well he's trying to tell the truth and a lot of people find that hard to take. I'm a huge standup fan and what I like is he's smart and he doesn't care if you like him.

Just saying it's not my style. I've known kids who were sexually molested and I've known predators so it's just not funny to me. Obviously it's one of those "it's not you, it's me" situations.
    Last edited by KQ; 06-18-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as it's legal and consensual in my book. Equating kinky folks with killers and molesters is ridiculous.
    Oh I agree with you, I should have qualified my statement to groups that openly advocate violent or illegal activity. Furries were here long before the interwebs, nothing wrong with that.

Fat fucks who touch kids are a different story, and that was the point I was trying to make.

The internet is the dmso of information. Everything permeates more than it did before, including the most common element in the universe.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah I didn’t finish the video, mostly because he wasn’t telling the truth. I understand that comics have to earn a paycheck and sometimes that means intentionally getting their facts wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The internet is the dmso of information. Everything permeates more than it did before, including the most common element in the universe.
    I had to google that, and it felt painful. I've represented sex offenders and know way too many people who have been abused in one way or another on the entire spectrum. I was an alter boy, and my sister, in our 40's, finally asked me if I had been part of the catholic abuse of the 80's, because she thought I was always weird, and I never had kids or got married.

I confessed. I said, I drank a lot of low abv wine and made bank on those gigs. And I saved bank.
    Guess who's asking me for divorce advice with 3 kids? BTW, thanks PNWBrit and KQ for your insights.

DMSO is an FDA-approved product for the treatment of a bladder condition called interstitial cystitis. Washing the bladder with DMSO improves symptoms such as pain associated with interstitial cystitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    We had a civil war, hundreds of thousands dead, with no Reddit.
    The arab spring flourished thanks to twitter.
    I wonder how tiananmen square would have worked out for those evil bastards in power if those students had twitter... or even tinder for those ronery Beijing evenings camped out in the square.
    Circling back to this re: tiananmen square

On the anniversary of the protest CBS news did a report on how the government has erased the event from history.

A reporter stopped people in the street and showed them this now famous image asking if they were familiar with it. No one claimed to know what it was.

Reporter eventually was stopped and detained by government forces.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merlin_155738928_0cb96d5c-7fb5-47c4-acbb-ddc54bd35dc7-jumbo.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	286238

Its been at least a generation or two since that happened. Its amazing we saw this at all. It reminds me how the few stalwarts keep the world from descending into the abyss by the slimmest of margins.

Everyone is capable of great good or great evil.

The internet and social media has turned into a mind control tool for those who seek to destroy. It works incredible well on weak minds. Political correctness and SJWs are but two examples.

There is really only with the light and without light. Which side are you on?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I had to google that, and it felt painful. .
    Abstract:
    The lipids of the topmost layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, represent the primary barrier to molecules penetrating the skin. One approach to overcoming this barrier for the purpose of delivery of active molecules into or via the skin is to employ chemical permeability enhancers, such as dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1959535/

No matter how thick your skin, dmso enhances permeability.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Abstract:
    The lipids of the topmost layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, represent the primary barrier to molecules penetrating the skin. One approach to overcoming this barrier for the purpose of delivery of active molecules into or via the skin is to employ chemical permeability enhancers, such as dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1959535/

No matter how thick your skin, dmso enhances permeability.
    Would you get all soggy in the rain after use?

That movie just so perfectly captured office life in late 90s early 2000s. Suspenders, Ties, stupid printed reports. etc. Wait what were we talking about? was it printers?

...and we'll all just carry on.
    "Can't you see..."

So the twitters blue checks get hacked the other day and today there is some kind of “Cloudflare” that knocked down Dischord and a lot of other sites. As we get closer to the election or just being 2020, it is starting to feel like the interwebz may be getting a little spicy. Keep that fan on.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    As we get closer to the election
    109 days.... 15 weeks.......

I am not too excited about the two and a half months that follow. Generally speaking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEF18724-006D-48C7-B8EA-DCE3DD064968.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	334932