Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There was been many writers saying how the internet is becoming a failed experiment in many ways. Yes, buying things online, having a biz presence, paying bills online, wikipedia, connecting families, and much more that work well and are awesome.

But then there are sites that connect pedophiles, psychopaths, murders, and make them not feel so alone, in chat rooms, and sometimes they motivate others to ruin others lives by killing, molesting, or mass-murder. Or it connects thieves, hackers, bullys easily to victims. It's a new effective tool for criminals, I don't see how you can avoid that fact. Humans haven't changed much, the internet is a fucking mess though.
    it has let me work from home so I am pro internet. going to the office sucks

Humans haven't changed much, the internet is a fucking mess though.
    Oh, I don't know about that. Look at TGR!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What does this even mean? A good what...day? evening? internet chat session on www. murderers.com?
    I think it's dealer's choice.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    have a good one
    ciao baby

But then there are sites that connect pedophiles, psychopaths, murders, and make them not feel so alone, in chat rooms, and sometimes they motivate others to ruin others lives by killing, molesting, or mass-murder. Or it connects thieves, hackers, bullys easily to victims. It's a new effective tool for criminals, I don't see how you can avoid that fact. Humans haven't changed much, the internet is a fucking mess though.
    I was about to write this ^^^^
    The internet has given the fringe in society more community, making a group feel safer in their kink and more willing to explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I was about to write this ^^^^
    The internet has given the fringe in society more community, making a group feel safer in their kink and more willing to explore it.
    Attachment 286167

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What is the value of your voice outside of your small clique in WW?
    Perhaps my voice has more value, does more good locally to create building blocks that eventually reach beyond WW along the lines of "a better world starts at home" though small changes.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Perhaps my voice has more value, does more good locally to create building blocks that eventually reach beyond WW along the lines of "a better world starts at home" though small changes.
    Or perhaps it is more valuable to others suggesting gifts and recipes.

Yeah well I didn't say I was doing anything of world or even community significance over here in SE WA just sayin' if I did then maybe.

What is more congenial than inviting someone into your home for a home cooked meal, and then giving them a gift? You probably have a friend for life. Unless the intent is to kill them afterwards.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Jezus H. Christ. if I wasn't depressed before I read that...
    "Can't you see..."

very thankful I did all my dirt pre-internet otherwise my political enemies, the red menace, illuminati, woke scolders, church of the subgenius, freemasons, the deep state, et al would use my social media past to destroy my presidential aspirations... as in president of elks #1713.

if that doesn work out there is always the moose lodge

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    if that doesn work out there is always the moose lodge
    the elks president is referred to as grand exalted ruler... a title I was born for.

12 or so years old but still right on.

I'm more of an I.O.O.F. kinda guy.

^your dad rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as it's legal and consensual in my book. Equating kinky folks with killers and molesters is ridiculous. Having said that, I do think the social isolation that the internet encourages is something that humanity is not well adapted to and is causing some societal harm. I think we do need some active management of that on the behalf of all. Really, the biggest mistake was when we all decided that everything on the internet should be free in exchange for our data and advertising. If we were paying directly to use Facebook and Google instead of them existing to serve us targeted advertising, we would all be better off. Of course that fucks over poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Furries are an interesting crowd. Unknowingly crashed out in a furry tent at Burning Man once. Woke up about 4am to a fox having a conversation with a raccoon about where to get good poutine in Montreal and one dinosaur spanking another dinosaur with a big wooden paddle (through a flap in the ass of the costume) all while Fritz the Cat played on multiple TVs around the tent.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    have a good one
    You should only say that to skiball, he will reply in the affirmative, I think.

OP, AI is going to take over soon. We'll be nuked from orbit, so don't sweet theses trivial conundrums.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as it's legal and consensual in my book. Equating kinky folks with killers and molesters is ridiculous. Having said that, I do think the social isolation that the internet encourages is something that humanity is not well adapted to and is causing some societal harm. I think we do need some active management of that on the behalf of all. Really, the biggest mistake was when we all decided that everything on the internet should be free in exchange for our data and advertising. If we were paying directly to use Facebook and Google instead of them existing to serve us targeted advertising, we would all be better off. Of course that fucks over poor people.

Furries are an interesting crowd. Unknowingly crashed out in a furry tent at Burning Man once. Woke up about 4am to a fox having a conversation with a raccoon about where to get good poutine in Montreal and one dinosaur spanking another dinosaur with a big wooden paddle (through a flap in the ass of the costume) all while Fritz the Cat played on multiple TVs around the tent.
    I bet the couches were comfy.

All we have to do is invent Artificial Stupidity, stupidity is way stronger than intelligence, we'll be fine.

I've been following the government shutdown of the internet in Sudan. From a sociology perspective, it's fascinating.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/16/73315...nternet-outage

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    All we have to do is invent Artificial Stupidity, stupidity is way stronger than intelligence, we'll be fine.
    Isn't it stupid to create something that will kill you of it's own volitions? Or is it more of an Oedipus type situation? Sans the sexual overtones.

as someone that has worked at the outer, outer, outer fringes of AI because I fuck around with databases, I am more concerned about AI then the internet

i guess we can all pick our own nightmares

don't piss off skynet

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Brilliant. I knew something was missing.