removing remote lockout from Rock Shox Solo Air

My son has a Rock Shox Solo air fork on his bike with remote lockout, which he doesn't need and just messes him up. Ends up riding stuff with it unintentionally locked out all the time. What do I have to do to remove it? Do I have to replace the top cap or something?? Photos for reference..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4921.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	285975

Name:	IMG_4922.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	414.0 KB 
ID:	285976

Name:	IMG_4923.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	398.5 KB 
ID:	285977

easiest way would be to pull the cable tight and secure it in that position
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yup, and then just cut off the rest of the cable.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I'm pretty sure if you pull the cable tight that'll lock it out. Better way would just be to remove the cable.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you pull the cable tight that'll lock it out. Better way would just be to remove the cable.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
    I have an old fork that has that mechanism and that’s how it works for me. Should be able to just remove the cable and call it a day.

Agree with just removing the cable. My old Reba has the same lockout. Just undo that tiny Allen screw and the cable will come loose, that will be the easiest test.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

if you don't have anything loading the top cap in a clockwise direction could it not shift and lock out ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if you don't have anything loading the top cap in a clockwise direction could it not shift and lock out ?
    I’ve never pulled mine apart, but it feels like there is a spring that wants it to go into unlock and the lockout knob fights that and locks into place.

I had a Reba like that. The unlocked position was under tension - the locked out position was relaxed/open on the remote. To use it without the remote, I used a short piece of cable to keep it under tension, and force it to stay in open (unlocked) position.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

well if the cable & lever are fighting a spring to activate lock out then just take all that shit off and it should stay unlocked

Not a big lockout user, I have lockout on the fornt & rear fox but idon't use them much

yeah I already tried just removing the cable, thats puts in in perma-lockout mode. El Chupacabra - if you use a short piece of cable what did you attach it to, to keep it under tension?

ok so you need to keep it under tension for the shock to be unlocked, i would find something to crimp on the end of the cable

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    yeah I already tried just removing the cable, thats puts in in perma-lockout mode. El Chupacabra - if you use a short piece of cable what did you attach it to, to keep it under tension?
    It was quite a while ago - but I think I just pulled the end of the cable through the stop (meaning the end where the cable housing enters the fitting on top of the fork leg) and used the cylindrical piece at the end of the cable (the little bit that goes inside a shifter) as the stop. The bare end of the cable was run through the set screw, like in the first photo. I tensioned it with a third hand tool, then tightened the set screw such that it was in full tension position.

Hope that makes sense. Difficult to describe in words...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I believe you can remove the blue cap, and remove the small spring that returns the cap back to the lockout position. A small washer is needed to take up some slack where the spring was, reinstall the blue cap and the lockout cap can then be manually moved or you can tightened it down so it stays in one position.
    Its been a while since I've fixed one of these, but I assume it's a Recon Solo Air with Oneloc?
    There is 2 models were you can just actually just replace the top cap.

I've got a fox CTD that came with the remote switch. It was a few years ago but for something like $18 I got a "regular" cap that I swapped out and it now has the manual adjustment. I called fox tech support and they set me up with what I needed. Super easy.