Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mice in the house.

So this time of year we get one or two mice in our house. Once we see poop. We put out a trap, one night or two and we’re are successful.
    The last few days we’ve notice a little poop her and there. Almost been in denial, outger than cleaning it up.
    Last night as I’m lying on the couch, after Mrs Hubbs went to bed, I heard the little fucker under the fridge.
    In the garage I had a box of sticky traps, so I placed two traps, one by each of the exits from behind the fridge.
    Went to bed, and warned Mrs Hubbs that she might find a half alive mouse stuck to a sticky pad trying to chew it’s leg off in the morning. (I bet she slept well..)
    Flash to this morning. The Mrs gets up way before me, so since she didn’t wake me and ask me to dispose of a sticky mouse, I assumed we didn’t catch anything.
    Mrs: “See the trap (singular) does not have anything in it” Me: “I put out two traps”
    The second fucking trap against the wall is gone, no sign of it, nowhere in the house.
    That fucker has dragged a 2”x3”x1/4” deep plastic sticky tray somewhere in the house.
    My pre coffee jobs have included pulling fridge out, removing and the back grate. Pulling the dishwasher out, the pots and pan drawer below the stove. No sign of this fucker.
    Now I’ve exposed all the jobs I want to Fix that the previous owner has fucked up.A little mouse has turned into baseboard job, a plumbing job removing a non functioning water filter uner the sink, putting a proper electrical box cover on the stove plug, and replacing a water damaged cupboard floor in another cabinet.
    Where the fuck could have this mouse dragged this 3” trap?
    Do I need to borrow a cat?
    I’m going to ride my bike. Fuck this Sunday mess.

Snappy traps kills em dead.

Snap trap and peanut butter bait. You're welcome.

On the bright side, by the time you find him you may have a fully renovated house.

I’ve been killing the little fuckers like a boss this spring. PB and spring traps

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    On the bright side, by the time you find him you may have a fully renovated house.
    I bet OP smells it before that.

Had a cat that would bring 'em in then split. Sometimes I caught it and other times it died prior to finding it. Not good.

Cat and done for anywhere the cat can access.

Do not use rat poison, it just leaves dead mice in inaccessible places and then there's random rat poison all over your yard since they carry it all over the place. Bad for pets and birds.

We have a huDge mouse problem and get mice in the cars and found that the herbal rodent repellant bags work: https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Cab-Bot.../dp/B00L236OMW
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Had a cat that would bring 'em in then split. Sometimes I caught it and other times it died prior to finding it. Not good.
    Ours would do the same, bring it in to the bedroom and drop it (still very alive), always right before bed.

OP fuck the sticky traps, those are awful. As mentioned, snap traps with peanut butter.

bucket trap
    watch out for snakes

Yes. Bucket of death, they flow into that thing like lemmings

Mice in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    So this time of year we get one or two mice in our house. Once we see poop. We put out a trap, one night or two and we’re are successful.
    The last few days we’ve notice a little poop her and there. Almost been in denial, outger than cleaning it up.
    Last night as I’m lying on the couch, after Mrs Hubbs went to bed, I heard the little fucker under the fridge.
    In the garage I had a box of sticky traps, so I placed two traps, one by each of the exits from behind the fridge.
    Went to bed, and warned Mrs Hubbs that she might find a half alive mouse stuck to a sticky pad trying to chew it’s leg off in the morning. (I bet she slept well..)
    Flash to this morning. The Mrs gets up way before me, so since she didn’t wake me and ask me to dispose of a sticky mouse, I assumed we didn’t catch anything.
    Mrs: “See the trap (singular) does not have anything in it” Me: “I put out two traps”
    The second fucking trap against the wall is gone, no sign of it, nowhere in the house.
    That fucker has dragged a 2”x3”x1/4” deep plastic sticky tray somewhere in the house.
    My pre coffee jobs have included pulling fridge out, removing and the back grate. Pulling the dishwasher out, the pots and pan drawer below the stove. No sign of this fucker.
    Now I’ve exposed all the jobs I want to Fix that the previous owner has fucked up.A little mouse has turned into baseboard job, a plumbing job removing a non functioning water filter uner the sink, putting a proper electrical box cover on the stove plug, and replacing a water damaged cupboard floor in another cabinet.
    Where the fuck could have this mouse dragged this 3” trap?
    Do I need to borrow a cat?
    I’m going to ride my bike. Fuck this Sunday mess.
    Sounds familiar. I stopped using the glue traps for this reason....I would “lose” them.....then find them empty in random places in garage....

As stated above, I only use Victor “old school” traps with peanut butter....can clear the house in a matter of days....lol

This is one case where the older version works best.

For high volume bucket trap is the only way to go. Low volume as has been stated spring loaded traps with peanut butter is the absolute best route

I could search, but I’m lazy.....what is the best bucket method?......my dads house could use a high volume method......I’m over every day taking care of his dogs while he is away....and I can definitely tell he’s got a mice “problem”....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Snappy traps kills em dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Snap trap and peanut butter bait. You're welcome.
    Yup

Glue traps are very cruel.

I've trapped 2. I saw 1 and my roommate saw one.
    Current trap is empty although one time I came home and it kinda looked like the dogs knocked stuff over chasing a mouse.
    Haven't seen poop anywhere.
    Good times.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    For high volume bucket trap is the only way to go. Low volume as has been stated spring loaded traps with peanut butter is the absolute best route
    OP says they only have one or two...

At camp we'd do a bucket. Take metal handle of bucket, straighten and put across top of bucket through existing holes and put some PB in middle. They scurry out and fall in bucket. Water optional but they can be loud scurrying around before the heart attack if left empty.

They slip on the plastic handle in the middle cuz it spins like a log roller? Gonna try it this pm...

[QUOTE=Dee Hubbs;5693700 My pre coffee jobs have included pulling fridge out, removing and the back grate. Pulling the dishwasher out, the pots and pan drawer below the stove. No sign of this fucker.
    Now I’ve exposed all the jobs I want to Fix that the previous owner has fucked up.A little mouse has turned into baseboard job, a plumbing job removing a non functioning water filter uner the sink, putting a proper electrical box cover on the stove plug, and replacing a water damaged cupboard floor in another cabinet.s.[/QUOTE]

sounds like an older house ?

I went thru this on an old log house with a new post & beam addition, you could hear the mice in the log portion around the kitchen because they go where the food is which would be the kitchen, the pantry and the teenagers bedroom where the dirty dishes get left for weeks with half eaten food

SO you gotta look at where the mice can go to find food due to holes in walls/ gaps in baseboards/ electrical box covers missing/ holes in the back of kitchen cupboards & drawers. I found maybe a doz places a mouse could get at the food, plugged them and the mice went away cuz there was no food

metal flashing is good thing because its mouse proof, its thin easy to cut with tin snips, you can slide it between baseboard & wall to cover holes or you can glue it in place with silicone sealer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I could search, but I’m lazy.....what is the best bucket method?......my dads house could use a high volume method......I’m over every day taking care of his dogs while he is away....and I can definitely tell he’s got a mice “problem”....lol
    The roller thing is cool, but don’t over think it. I fill the bucket half way with water, maybe a little more, and pour in some bird seed, enough to completely cover any open water - ( I found black oil sunflower seed floats the longest) and put a wooden ramp up to the bucket. Maybe some bird seed on the ramp to lure them in.... They think they are jumping into a glorious bucket of bird seed. Also works if you have a chipmunk infestation in the garage.

We stick a pop bottle coated with the peanut buttersonto a dowel run through the handle holes. Spins real nice. No mouse has won the log roll competition yet....

Auto antifreeze also works great. They love the taste of that shit and they can’t carry it off like pellet poison. Fast acting. Just make sure nothing you want to live gets near it......

I have a cat. I don't have mice. YMMV.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^can't remember who posted that, I had to find it with google image search. It's in somebody's cabin. Apparently the top was left off the oil. They got there late at night. As I recall, in the predawn darkness they decided to make pancakes and used some of the oil. When it got lighter they realized that the oil bottle was full of dead mice. They just looked at each other and decided to never talk about it, ever.

btw PIC simple set mouse traps are the ticket. https://www.amazon.com/PIC-PMT2-Plas...11228224&psc=1

Also, I doubt a mouse would be strong enough to move a glue trap much. Either it was a rat, or something tried to get the mouse off the trap, in which case I'd guess a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    . in which case I'd guess a snake.
    in Whistler ?

there are no snakes in whistla but lots of RE agents eh
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-16-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know