Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    There are worse things than a few little mice though....

Name:  3VzkyOe.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  148.3 KB

We seem to have a few mice every winter but it's scary since hantavirus is endemic here. Theoretically I should be wearing a full hazmat suit with respirator to deal with them. (My "hazmat suit" is the golf caddy coveralls my kid got one summer when he worked at the local super exclusive golf club. Good for oiling the house and for expeditions in the crawl space when I can't avoid them.)

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    brill-0 pads stuffed in their entrance points works and there
    are no messy sharp edges or special adhesive required
    doesn't sound very permanent

maybe chop up a Praxis Rx to nail over them holes ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

Initiate the ambush with a few claymores then engage with 1 or 2 beltfeds and a rifle squad

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

Awww lil trash bandits

Zombie racoons ?

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    btw PIC simple set mouse traps are the ticket. https://www.amazon.com/PIC-PMT2-Plas...11228224&psc=1

Also, I doubt a mouse would be strong enough to move a glue trap much. Either it was a rat, or something tried to get the mouse off the trap, in which case I'd guess a snake.

it could be a woodrat, they carry away snap traps like they’re osprey daypacks, .....they laugh at small snap traps...z, ive caught one( they are territorial), then the mice moved in, i caught about 5 in snaps with peanutbutter, ......i was getting real cocky like i could catch anything, but it was getting tiresome as they crap everywhere,.....then the mice went to none, but solitary tick tack size turds reappeared,...... turns out a new wood rat came to town and declared soverienty.... i could not catch it..... , hired a pro varmint catcher who had special traps i had never seen before or since, that got him.....this is just life next national forrest and wilderness....

btw: if u kill one with poison in a wall, the smell is god awful and attaches to everything u own
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Look up a product called demand Cs. Quarterly spray house. Safe for pets/people when dry. Can be used inside and out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thanks for the rec. I'll look in to getting some but right now I've got people coming to stay so I've got to do something within the next couple of days.

Called another pest control company. Kinda hate doing that but as I said the last time my regular guy came out he barked at me claiming I wasn't having him out often enough but at the same time telling me they may be resistant to the chemical now. Thing is I'm supposed to be on a quarterly rotation with him but he doesn't keep up with the schedule. Whatever. I just want them gone.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    habituated to cheeses ^^

I was lunching at the top of the Col de Portet d'Aspet where an aggressive cow was habituated to potatoe chips

so I flicked a towel at her boviness and yelled " Allez " which seemed to work

looking around for greener pastures she decided to chase off a french couple next to us and ate their lunch

alors, those french are all rifle droppers eh

A natural born killer is what you need
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560830174.702471.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	286126
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    OP says they only have one or two...
    that he knows of.

also those victor shock traps are cheaper than I expected.

I must have no more mice. Or they figured out the trap. I'm guessing the former. Maybe I'll try a different spot
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    think that was the first deleted iceman post i’ve ever seen
    He deleted a thread once. Maybe before anyone responded though

Was a maul involved?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Lived in a house that was mouse haven twice a year. Traps worked great, but after the first dozen or so, the chore got tiresome. Then a little least weasel moved in. Would also check out the trash bucket under the sink and was not afraid to venture out of the cabinet to say a quick hello. Not a single mouse in the house for 8mo that the little critter graced us with its presence. No stink or other issue either, except the useless cat hated it.

Roommate in that same house was active in the local outdoor horticulture. One harvest season, he asked me if I had been trimming his crop, or otherwise moving produce around in the trimming/drying room. He questioned his cat too as pussy liked to munch on fresh leaves. Both of us denied any knowledge of the disappearance. So the investigation continued out the window (the screen had a hole in it, hence poor pussycat being questioned), following evidence to the dormers where copious quantities of product was discovered stuffed into the eaves. More was found in the woodshed at the back of the house. Turned out a packrat had moved in and found a taste for fresh bud, and proceeded to help itself in its preparations for winter. Roommate went through a couple of styles of trap to rid himself of the woodrat. Took a #3 leghold trap covered with fresh trimming to finally remove the little stoner. I always wondered if the final consumer of that season’s harvest ever remarked on the unique odour as a result of it at one time forming the cozy bed of a packrat.

Somehow I am reminded of Fat Freddy's Cat.

Better than Fat Freddy's scat.

That one brings back some foggy memories.
    watch out for snakes

I had a customer who would live trap chipmunks and mice and then put the whole trap into a big cooler full of water to finish them off. I wish I would have never asked her what the live trap was for. Cats FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    I had a customer who would live trap chipmunks and mice and then put the whole trap into a big cooler full of water to finish them off. I wish I would have never asked her what the live trap was for. Cats FTW!
    That's almost as wack as mouse oil.

^That damn mouse oil is on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    A natural born killer is what you need
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560830174.702471.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	286126
    My terrier is also a stone cold mouse killer
    He has never brought them inside though (we have a dog door) except a couple wks ago a mouse was eating my day lily and I asked baxter to take care of it
    less than 24 hours later Andrew found Baxter bringing a dead mouse onto our bed. #proud
    of course I am anthropomorphizing it but it made me laugh
    skid luxury

Mice in the house.

They like bacon grease (who doesn’t?)I stopped pouring it into a sealed container and left some in an open container under my sink. Holy shit they showed up is numbers. Took me a while to clue into what was happening but then some snap traps with the bacon grease took them out in a few nights.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums