Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Costs less than that in Londonderry...good amount less, fortunately. (Actually even at Stratton for the weekend program I think you can make it work for less than that, although it would be closer.)

Overall and cumulative family costs are a different story that I refuse to think about or attach actual numbers to.
    [quote][//quote]

Great thread. I'm caught in the middle on this one.

Not so long ago my dad could take me on a short midwest GS Course. He lives and breathes racing, and only hung it up last year after spinal fusion surgery at 72. Still ran gates this season after recovering "for fun." Took him turning 60 for me to be able to edge him out consistently. I'd usually jump in on races once or twice a year just to get to hang out, help him prep his skis, and talk about the course set.

And now I have a berserk 3 year old who has more days on skis than I've managed in the last 5 years. I'll give him till 16, and only because we are stuck in the Midwest, and getting exposure to cliffs and steeps will be slower than if we were in the mountains. The park, on the other hand, I'm sure he'll surpass my arsenal of 3s and rail slides by 10.

All I know is that I feel pretty damn lucky to have experienced the joy of doing something alongside my Dad that he truly loved. And now I get to share that with my son.
    Honestly, can't wait till he's better than me.

Gonna start the youngest out at 2 this year and the just turned 5yearold will be rolling with the Alpy Minis this winter

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    gotta commit
    or be committed...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Overall and cumulative family costs are a different story that I refuse to think about or attach actual numbers to.
    Oh boy, then ~10K?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This is why I push my five year old over at every opportunity. Gotta keep up the dominance thing for a few more years.

Nice work, guys. Dad goals indeed. Y’all are doing something right....
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Oh boy, then ~10K?
    10k barely covers team Rutecki's Cera F costs. I am the Bobby Stainless of Londonderry, baby.
    [quote][//quote]

knot a bad place
    watch out for snakes

New rules next year, no fluoridated was until u 14. I just saved a shit ton of money!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    New rules next year, no fluoridated was until u 14. I just saved a shit ton of money!

Past U14 anyway and I'm not sure VT will adopt that, but my HF wax expenses have been relatively minimal. Buy it in bulk and only use it on race days--over the years it's like $100, max. I think. We also have a lot of cold days when HF is likely pointless, anyway (below about 15 F I think HC wax is the way to go).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    No flouridation => more cavities. So increased dental costs will offset any savings.

10k barely covers team Rutecki's Cera F costs. I am the Bobby Stainless of Londonderry, baby.
    If you combine Londonderry w/ S. Londonderry, it punches above its weight. I've been to both Nashville and Londonderry, and while it may not not have an NFL team Londonderry>>Nashville. BS would get crushed in Londonderry.

These chicks wouldn't even make it 100' up the Magic access road.

Name:  22926.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  228.1 KB

At one point in February my car barely made it 100' up the Magic access road. I got to experience the wonders of Chester's Route 103 Auto Repair along with driving someone else's minivan around for a week. We know how to keep things exciting in those parts.
    [quote][//quote]

My kids don't have the same access to ski resorts I did when I was a teen so they'll never catch me until they are able to get in some 50 plus day seasons, if ever..

If they do in college or later in life I'll be overjoyed! But, I will NEVER let them beat me at foosball!
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 06-18-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You're lucky to still be here Dexter. I never head up that access road w/o blankets, water and a days worth of food in the car.

It is the road less traveled, I have heard.

Londonderry is one thing, but cold, lonely streets of Chester are something else. Some real sketch characters. People from New Hampshire, even.
    [quote][//quote]

My kids grew up skiing in good terrain, still do, but will never catch me.
    Not that they suck, just that I'm the best skier on the hill.
    Can't believe I'm the first to feel this way.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    honestly, you’d win this thread with any one of your 3 rippers but honestly, thing#2 is THE BEST SKIER ON THE MOUNTAIN.

Thanks, it has been an incredible journey with all three. Couldn't possibly be prouder as it all exceeded my wildest dreams and the travel and days together were incredibly bonding. Not just as a dad with his sons, but for them as brothers too. This is the best reason to do it.

As for costs? A lot. Not even worth calculating, but yeah. Bit o' money. Worth every nickel. Wouldn't change a thing if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

As for costs? A lot. Not even worth calculating, but yeah. Bit o' money. Worth every nickel. Wouldn't change a thing if I could.
    ^^^
    This
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Our 10 yo granddaughter is "this close" to passing me by. Its not going to be a case where we can't ski together but she is just going to be better. This past year she won nine of her ten U-10 races, a combination of USSA and Wisconsin Junior Racing League, slalom & GS's. She gets to ski three times a year with us at Alta and skis it all. This past season she hiked and skied Eddie's for this first time, I didn't do it until last year. I love it, nothing like hiking Gunsight or through the Keyhole and turning around and she is right next to me and says "come on Bop-Bop get going".

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    My kids grew up skiing in good terrain, still do, but will never catch me.
    Not that they suck, just that I'm the best skier on the hill.
    Can't believe I'm the first to feel this way.
    My dad never admitted when I passed him up. I talked shit until the gap got big enough it no longer seemed like the thing to do. Didn’t change his stance, though.

I’m excited at the thought of one of mine passing me up. Hope at least one of them catches the bug enough that they do....
    focus.

given a season of the same exposure to steeps and other terrain that I've had she could easily make that solid racing foundation work for 'big mountain' (we've all seen how that goes with ex-racers). Bumps maybe a different story...

never forget working a check in at a charity ski race in Aspen in the mid 90s, super nice woman my age checks in and picks up her race stuff. A retired Olympian or 2 come over to her "Wendy, good to see you where have you been?" Havent seen you on the circuit"

" I moved to Crested Butte, just been free skiing "
    Worked out pretty well

Totally off topic:

Why do half of the YouTube videos posted on this board give me “Video unavailable” after YouTube opens?

I’ve asked the mods this question many times. Crickets

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Same for me, I generally try to remember and when I get to my computer check them out (as they link/work there)
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It’s not real hard to get the YouTube label from a Reply draft, then open YouTube, paste the label and search. But half the time the video plays fine.

Back to topic:
    I am jealous of many of you, because my lady has no desire to ski.