E bikes on airplanes

Flying Norwegian air to Europe and I would like to take my E mountain bike with me, I'll be there for a year.
    On their website, it says no E bikes allowed, even with the battery removed!!

I normally wouldn't care, but I'm wondering what the chances are that they would figure out what X raying that it's a E bike.

If they determine you intentionally tried to skirt the rules when they do catch you that's some serious fucking shit you'll be in. You're violating rules obviously there because those devices pose a serious risk to the safety of everyone on and under that jetliner. Probably get you on the no fly list for life.. assuming they're certain you knowingly tried to violate the no ebike rule. If you can play it off as "I had no idea it wasn't allowed" then no big deal..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Probably the best way to proceed if they confront you about it would be to make a joke, “Battery? That’s no battery; that’s a bomb!”.

Tell them to put it on a treadmill
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Seems like a good excuse to buy another bike

A few options in here

1.courier from a business(bike shop?)
    2.battery rental in urp
    3.bike rental
    4.buy a battery there and resell when your done

I’ve heard the no motor rule too but not all the time. I guess it varies. Going to be pricey to ship anyway and then ship back. You may want to upgrade, expand the quiver with a shorter travel option. Ship the new whip back on a slow boat. I’m thinking long travel full tourque model and then as the second bike a 150 travel bike with the fazua motor(fazua motor battery can be removed and it’s just a normal bike) so it will have no trail restrictions. Fazua will have partners in N America this fall going forward

https://www.emtbforums.com/community...ith-emtb.5434/

Where in Europe? A lot more e mtbs for sale and rent over there compared to here. Save yourself some hassle and rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where in Europe? A lot more e mtbs for sale and rent over there compared to here. Save yourself some hassle and rent.
    Exactly,,..you are in for a treat, you will have 10x the options there than here. Other option....ship yours but I would still go the latter. La Pierre has Fazua powered carbon bike that is sub 40lb.
    Click. Point. Chute.