Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    nobody wants a purple fireplace man
    Did you check with Prince?

we have matching jackets to that ......blurple....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Shoulda called me coupla bong hits and I can make magic

I'd tell ya what to do and how it should be but I'm like an expensive call girlAttachment 285764

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    He has to turn the house on its side? Sounds expensive.

Your fireplace looks like something I would build and then pay a contractor to tear out and rebuild a year later.

From the plans you posted, it looks like the original fireplace was a two sided fireplace (front and left side open with steel post in corner supporting masonry above) Is this the case?

Is this a functioning wood burning masonry fireplace?

If so, what did you do to close in the open side that is now behind the new surround?

Lack of a non-combustible hearth may not be the only thing that will cause this place to go up in smoke...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

How does the HOA come up with that ridiculous time line for building?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    You already know the answer. Because they can.

I’ve seen some stupid shit from HOAs rules like that will just set people up for failure
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Calling all contractors

Pretty sure the solution is to check you have a good insurance policy in place, then give the fire place a good test run with some black locust and LOTS of fat wood. Go check on something after lighting.

jk
    Last edited by neufox47; 06-14-2019 at 06:47 AM.

What dafuq is that?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^^^ Hipster firebox

As the hearth is being installed and the unit is listed we can put the ideas on hold. Listing link and closing price would be nice future updates. GLWS

Going to add that this fiasco could likely have been avoided with more contractor oversight. 95% of my business is unoccupied house, re second homeowners, and some want constant updates while others barely ask for anything. For the ones that need updates I take and text them photos of my progress. Seems like the OP's contractor was flying free and doing whatever he wanted to do.
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 06-14-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I would consider a glass fronted wood stove with a brick or stone pad

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    we have matching jackets to that ......blurple....
    Are they flame retardant?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    I would consider a glass fronted wood stove with a brick or stone pad
    That's very VT. This is Asspen. You can't mix cultures.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

pretty standard in resort towns
    they set months, days of the week, and hours you can work
    it's illegal to do construction work on sundays and holidays in breckenridge
    I usually get this line a couple times a year from some d-bag whose got his panties all up in a wad because I'm being loud and disruptive and ruining his mountain vaccination/get away
    "you will never work in this building again I'm sending an email out to the whole board right now"

one guys wife was screatching and yelling at me, I just stood there and took in the most relaxed manner I could then slipped in a couple "I don't care, that's too bad" which enraged her even more
    I really wanted to say, "hey man control your bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Is this a functioning wood burning masonry fireplace?
    Lack of a non-combustible hearth may not be the only thing that will cause this place to go up in smoke...
    Good point! Used to have a neighbor who's house had caught fire when the previous tenants decided to burn wood in what should have been a gas burner. Anyway the pipe was only rated for the heat of gas temps. The higher temps of the wood burning lit the place up via the chimney pipe. Bad fire. Burned out the whole second floor and roof and some of the first floor.

Too often people overlook the fire safety stuff. After all this mess, I'd seriously be questioning your contractor. Imagine a couple years down the road and a renter catches the whole place on fire, or even worse a death too. Guess who the lawyers are going to be going after?

There may be more issues at play than what we can all gleam from the pics.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Seems like the OP's contractor was flying free and doing whatever he wanted to do.
    Well, that’s what “TBD” gets you...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    My first thought - Hang fireplace tools on the left side, and put a rack for wood in front of that. You now meant it to be asymmetrical
    This^^^ Looks good from my house

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    ^^^ Hipster firebox

As the hearth is being installed and the unit is listed we can put the ideas on hold. Listing link and closing price would be nice future updates. GLWS

Going to add that this fiasco could likely have been avoided with more contractor oversight. 95% of my business is unoccupied house, re second homeowners, and some want constant updates while others barely ask for anything. For the ones that need updates I take and text them photos of my progress. Seems like the OP's contractor was flying free and doing whatever he wanted to do.
    you are spot on, but we have give him a detailed outline of what we wanted on the fireplace and asked that he call us if anything changed. His defense is that he was trying to get this done within the 4-6 week building processes. I understand that, but he royally fucked this up. We have had a couple of other brokers walk through and they think the place looks sick.
    I will follow up with listing and hopefully closing price if and when it closes. Right now in the core of Aspen, there are only 4-5 two bedrooms listed with a lot of demand. The ski in and out location is very unique.
    Thanks for the help with this, i am hoping to get it listed tuesday and sold in coming weeks.

Can you move the TV down to the floor and the fireplace up to where the TV is?

Honestly, putting a grate like you did in front of it masks it surprisingly well. If there's a demand for the place, someone will let it slide. As said before tho, any decent inspector will notice it being a hazard so might as well try to fix that issue. And so what if you get caught fixing it, what can they do to you? You are selling the place.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    you must be good at miniature golf.
    "Can't you see..."

pretty standard in resort towns
    they set months, days of the week, and hours you can work
    it's illegal to do construction work on sundays and holidays in breckenridge
    I usually get this line a couple times a year from some d-bag whose got his panties all up in a wad because I'm being loud and disruptive and ruining his mountain vaccination/get away
    "you will never work in this building again I'm sending an email out to the whole board right now"

one guys wife was screatching and yelling at me, I just stood there and took in the most relaxed manner I could then slipped in a couple "I don't care, that's too bad" which enraged her even more
    I really wanted to say, "hey man control your bitch"
    So basically HOAs in resort towns are run by assholes

Short answer. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Honestly, putting a grate like you did in front of it masks it surprisingly well. If there's a demand for the place, someone will let it slide. As said before tho, any decent inspector will notice it being a hazard so might as well try to fix that issue. And so what if you get caught fixing it, what can they do to you? You are selling the place.
    we are putting in the hearth. That is the only saftey issue. The off set is a design flaw that is fucking ridiculous but at this point we have no recourse.

Yes, these guys are just ridiculous. First of all no one is in town from April 1st to June 15th. But yet the you can only contruct from APril 15th to June 1st. Most condos up here have that.

A month and a half window is fucking ridiculous