Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    It is ridiculous, but I totally get it. All of those condos probably have paying guests during the winter and summer. And you are fucking with guests (and by extension the condo owner) by having construction going on during peak seasons.

I'm not saying I agree with it or that some other accommodation couldn't be made, but I get why they have the rule.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    We have had a couple of other brokers walk through and they think the place looks sick.
    Is this a good thing or bad thing?
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ruining his mountain vaccination
    Vaxxers. Amiright?

The offset ain't so bad but you could really use a goddamn mantel. I've got a mantel guy, let me know. The offsets will offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    The offset ain't so bad but you could really use a goddamn mantel. I've got a mantel guy, let me know. The offsets will offset.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It is ridiculous, but I totally get it...
    Yeah but 6 weeks a year is ridiculous, April 1-June 1 and also maybe October 1-Dec. 1. (or so) would be more reasonable.

how big is this place? studio, 1br, ?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but 6 weeks a year is ridiculous, April 1-June 1 and also maybe October 1-Dec. 1. (or so) would be more reasonable.
    agreed. I kind of assumed that there was a fall window but the OP didn't mention it because it wasn't applicable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    how big is this place? studio, 1br, ?
    Post 118 the OP says there are only a few 2br condos available currently, assuming 2br.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Its easy to see why any reasonable contractor wouldn’t want to deal with the place, I’m going to assume the HOA has a few more fun rules
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

one guys wife was screatching and yelling at me, I just stood there and took in the most relaxed manner I could then slipped in a couple "I don't care, that's too bad" which enraged her even more
    I really wanted to say, "hey man control your bitch"
    A friend's response was to calmly listen and then say "I get the feeling that you're unhappy with what I'm doing."
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Calling all contractors

What the fuck could you even be certain you could reasonably get completed in 6 weeks?!?! Even most bathroom remodels here take at least that long.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What the fuck could you even be certain you could reasonably get completed in 6 weeks?!?! Even most bathroom remodels here take at least that long.
    Yeah. That limitation is asinine. Those sorts of rules were obviously made by people who have never swung a hammer or turned a screwdriver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Yeah. That limitation is asinine. Those sorts of rules were obviously made by people who have never swung a hammer or turned a screwdriver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    You should go to an AASHTO or an IBC conference sometime. Most of the construction rules are made by people who have never swung a hammer in their life.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Stone out in front running the whole equal length, then an iron rack with firewood in it on the less open side to make it look intentional. Will look like shit if they pull the rack out, but they wont

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    you'd be amazed at what can happen in six weeks if you have good workers and managment
    but yeah, I'm never in a hurry so six weeks
    done plenty of mind fuck jobs they are my favorite
    everyone shows up to work and tip toes around getting ready and as soon as the clock hits the magic time 8 830 or 900 boom let the noise begin
    waking some poor touron on vacation with the cutting of steal studs is music to my ears
    did one job in vail we covered the pavers with about forty sheets of plywood set up a crane at dawn blew out the sliding glass door and unloaded and loaded the unit with materials all wrapped up and done by lunch time, the permit to just set up the crane was stupid
    another penthouse on the 8th 9th floor took the fake ceiling out of the elevator could only get 3 sheets of 4x8 in there at a time on a diagonal had 40-50 hrs of just hauling materials, trash, and tools in and out of that buildling

anything is possible with the right amount of money

you'd be amazed at what can happen in six weeks if you have good workers and managment
    but yeah, I'm never in a hurry so six weeks
    done plenty of mind fuck jobs they are my favorite
    everyone shows up to work and tip toes around getting ready and as soon as the clock hits the magic time 8 830 or 900 boom let the noise begin
    waking some poor touron on vacation with the cutting of steal studs is music to my ears
    did one job in vail we covered the pavers with about forty sheets of plywood set up a crane at dawn blew out the sliding glass door and unloaded and loaded the unit with materials all wrapped up and done by lunch time, the permit to just set up the crane was stupid
    another penthouse on the 8th 9th floor took the fake ceiling out of the elevator could only get 3 sheets of 4x8 in there at a time on a diagonal had 40-50 hrs of just hauling materials, trash, and tools in and out of that buildling

anything is possible with the right amount of money
    I've worked those jobs. Best one was in a penthouse on top of the Times Warner building in NYC. We got pretty good at getting around the curfews when we were up against a deadline but it took paying off building security and an extra bump to the service elevator operator who's getting regular payoffs anyway.. And that's on top of paying off the loading dock master which you need to do if you don't want to wait all day for a spot to unload. And yeah, the service elevator was stupid small.

Those condo owners in Aspen should be counting their blessings:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/05/n...manhattan.html

That's an impressive remodel.

lol vvvv
    Correction: April 9, 2019
    An earlier version of this article misidentified a cat that had taken to overgrooming because of the construction noise. Its name is Titania of the Grey, not Titania of the Greil.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

If you're going to be covering a spot in the wall, do some exploratory surgery. Cut a nice hole in the wall and look around, never know what you'll find.. After you see what's going on, patch and tape.

Use a magnet to find the screws
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    ^thanks, i deleted cause i thought everybody was in church or something and no answers....and i solved it
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Calling all contractors

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    +1

I have a stack of little cylinder magnets that I use; they each hang nicely on a screw head giving a visual across the surface. Any hardware store should have similar ones

Put a woodstove in front of it, centered. Carry that stone across. Run the stovepipe through the stone and up the chimney. Have the stovepipe make the angle from where it goes through the stone across to the flue behind the stone, in the current firebox. It'll all look nice and centered and like it's on purpose. You'll need a bigger hearth is all.
    winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!