Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Cut down the door, or if for some reason you can't cut it, replace it. Leaving a section untiled looks bad.
    Agree. Recent experience with replacing a sill. I measured the gap and then bought a sill--aluminum with rubber insert--that would fit the gap, based on the sill manufacturers specs. It didn't. Install sill, then measure, then cut door. Even though this isn't a conditioned spaces you want a snug fit to keep bugs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post

Question: I have some leftover brown trim paint from our house, so would that be fine for such a small area (i.e., ~4 sq ft) or should I buy something specific for concrete?

Nice floor. Nice door. Would taking 1/8 - 1/4 off the bottom fix the clearance issue? You other idea sounds bogus in such a nice room and will be a PIA trip hazard. Maybe there is a seal at the bottom that you can remove and get the clearance?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Oooh, tough crowd to please here!

Should be pretty easy to take the door of its hinges, remove whatever you call the seal/flap/gasket that is attached to the bottom of the door, cut down the door by the thickness of the newly installed wooden tiles, then reattach the seal/flap/gasket/whatever.

Will report back once I'm finished with the gravel bed for the new shed!
    (Becoming increasingly difficult to have the growing bike quiver competing with the cars in the attached garage...)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

"Should be pretty easy" sounds ominous. I've never found anything easy the first time. Trimming a door is easy if you have a saw table big enough to hold a door. Free hand with a skill saw is an art.

How much relief is needed? Take some pictures. Or paint it and call it good till the wife complains too much.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    "Should be pretty easy" sounds ominous. I've never found anything easy the first time. Trimming a door is easy if you have a saw table big enough to hold a door. Free hand with a skill saw is an art.
    Good points.

Here's the revised plan:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Should be pretty easy to take the door of its hinges, remove whatever you call the seal/flap/gasket that is attached to the bottom of the door, [edit: give it to my bother-in-law who is a very skilled amateur carpenter with a home woodworking shop on a par with my ski workroom to] cut down the door by the thickness of the newly installed wooden tiles, then reattach the seal/flap/gasket/whatever.
    I also like this plan:

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Or paint it and call it good till the wife complains too much.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series