Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    We’re going to need pics to....never mind.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    TX IMO has the hottest women in the US. I can't blame Parvo for going to check out the goods.
    I've been going there a lot for work lately and I have to strongly disagree. We were in SA and it's known for being one of the fattest in the US. You can taste the diabetes in the air. Morbid obesity is celebrated there because "we do everything bigger in Texas!".

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    IMO we should bring back The Bacchanalia.

We had a Baccaloeatte

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I've been going there a lot for work lately and I have to strongly disagree. We were in SA and it's known for being one of the fattest in the US. You can taste the diabetes in the air. Morbid obesity is celebrated there because "we do everything bigger in Texas!".
    I can't speak to San Antonio, but you need to get up to Dallas or down to Houston.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Mushrooms, beers and a bush party were all involved in my HS grad.... Simpler times...... simpler times indeed.

Suffice it to say when the parents dispatch NetJets to bring in out of town guests the discussion of what's "normal" and what's "excessive" is sort of out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is true, but considering part of this celebration was at a country club, I'm going out on limb and assuming that's probably NOT the case in this situation.
    fair point. of course rich parents can raise some stooopid kids too. maybe they were just happy little johnny barely got over the finish line.

If family is spread to the wind a graduation seems like a good excuse for a reunion and if you're expecting folks to come from a distance you owe them a nice party, with a few days of events to justify the trip. Not everyone has a lakeside compound to entertain people at.

So let me get this straight, super loaded GF's parents wine and dine you for three days, AND FLY YOU FUCKING PRIVATE to get there, and you are complaining? I'd be shopping wedding rings man.

I think it is mainly a good excuse to get the entire extended family together without calling it a family reunion so more will actually come show up.
    Live Free or Die

You can taste the diabetes in the air.
    Consider this line stolen

they did send a netjet for us to attend. .
    Mile high club? Der poopenhausen? Naked pics of said girlfriend? This thread is worthless without pictures!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    So let me get this straight, super loaded GF's parents wine and dine you for three days, AND FLY YOU FUCKING PRIVATE to get there, and you are complaining? I'd be shopping wedding rings man.

I am a little jelly tho

Celebrating High School Graduation

She earned a booster's full ride athletic scholarship to attend a well-known tx university that some would liken to a cult. So I get how acknowledging that achievement is worth a little extra cheddar in the check, but three days of lavish celebration for a HS diploma seems excessive to me.
    It’s awesome if she really did....totally not hating....but most likely that is false....especially for women’s sports. That is the new lawnmower parent terminology....My kid is getting a full athletic scholarship to ......”. It’s bullshit...see it/hear it all the time.

We have lots of parents that say their kid is committing, signing “National Letters of Intents” and getting “full rides”......to DIII schools........uh...there is no such thing for DIII.....The lawnmowers demand “signing day” newspaper articles, pictures, acknowledgement from the HS.....etc.....

As a 25+ year HS coach, we congratulate all the student athletes that further their education and athletic careers at the collegiate level....It’s just society today....but just letting you know most people who claim a full ride.....are most likely not telling the truth.

*Sorry for the semi rant....it’s just I have been sitting through our end of the season sports banquets and listening to other coaches (esp. our football coaches) and parents bullshit about this stuff.......they are just delusional. “Full ride this, full ride that”......uh, he’s going to a DIII school.....there are no athletic scholarships.

Carry on....

Had to Google lawnmower parent.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Just returned from a trip to TX with gf for her niece's HS grad. I was a bit surprised at the level of celebratory excess for such a simple and ordinary accomplishment. Wow, high school diploma! How'd you pull that off?

I understand you're also celebrating a big life milestone, but it was a three-day affair with family from all over the states flying in. There was a big family dinner, brunch, private reception at tony country club (where sport coats were required for gentlemen) and of course the actual pomp and circumstance of the graduation ceremony that made me feel like I was attending a royal christening. Seems a bit overboard. Everyone kept assuring me the excess was because "we do everything big in Texas!" but what's next, Jr High Graduation Parade?

Didn't you all just get drunk at the moon tower for your graduation?
    sounds like ewe knead a life coach

Good at sport = go to college for free

What a fucked up system. And a system almost the whole rest of the world mostly manages without... and mostly where going to college doesn't cost student's as much in the first place anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    That is the new lawnmower parent terminology....My kid is getting a full athletic scholarship to ......”.
    It sure as hell ain't new. It's amazing how many kids are getting "full ride" athletic or academic scholarships compared to how many are actually available.

Celebrating High School Graduation

gf's father told her "no ring, no bring" in reference to my attending these type of family gatherings in the future.
    Are you dating a twenty something and daddy is not pleased you are raw dogging his little girl?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Suffice it to say when the parents dispatch NetJets to bring in out of town guests the discussion of what's "normal" and what's "excessive" is sort of out the window.
    Yeah, fuck, I'd accept a Netjets to my ex wife's fourth wedding just for the ride.

Just so the collective attitude doesn't cement at, oh, yeah, stupid Texas people celebrating the first HS grad, I see signs on the lawns around here, a very upscale CT. County, "2019 (Wilton, Greenwich, etc.) H.S. Grad.", and think, wow, really, you're celebrating that?

Really don't need a reason to have a party, but we celebrated my daughter's HS graduation at the house last weekend. You miserable fucks wouldn't have been offered a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Really don't need a reason to have a party, but we celebrated my daughter's HS graduation at the house last weekend. You miserable fucks wouldn't have been offered a beer.
    I'm not miserable
    I like beer
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I'm not miserable
    I like beer
    Cmon on over then, my daughter is having her graduation thing this weekend.

Of course there is beer.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

your daughter seems awesome!
    is she going to continue racing in college?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    My daughters HS graduation is next week....Our party is in July for family/friends....she is going to UVM.....Last week of June I’ll be in Burlington emptying out Pearl St Beverage of all its finest brews........and hauling it all back to PA.....lol

If you see a guy in a Tundra with a bunch of coolers....that’s me..stop by and we’ll taste test a few in the parking lot.