Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    They've been studying your posts for years Benny.
    Great BS detectors.
    We wouldn't want him to change tho. If we ever have a "bitter old man" contest with another website forum, we'd win with Benny.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Why wouldn’t you celebrate the first important step in having yer kid move out?
    This. My oldest just graduated HS. I gave him some tacos and told him not to let the door hit him on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    <snip> create a narcissistic orgy of excess.
    While extremely stupid to *host* one of these... they are really fun to attend as a guest. 9/10 - would attend again.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. My oldest just graduated HS. I gave him some tacos and told him not to let the door hit him on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

My mom gave me a rent due notice and said that I still had to do the chores...... I joined the navy the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

My mom gave me a rent due notice and said that I still had to do the chores...... I joined the navy the next day.
    The day after I graduated my parents arranged for a marine corps recruiter to visit the house. I didn't want to join the service so I told him I was gay. He said me too and we've been in love ever since. No, but they did send a recruiter several times to meet with me.

I think you may have just given yourself an out on having to marry this girl.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    My daughters HS graduation is next week....Our party is in July for family/friends....she is going to UVM.....Last week of June I’ll be in Burlington emptying out Pearl St Beverage of all its finest brews........and hauling it all back to PA.....lol

If you see a guy in a Tundra with a bunch of coolers....that’s me..stop by and we’ll taste test a few in the parking lot.
    congrats!

wish I would have studied in hs so I could have gone to UVM
    I ski the east.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I did the same thing ^^ I told junior if he was done school he could start paying 200$ a month, so he got pissy and moved out for maybe 6 months then he asked to come back to which i said OK but now its 250$

I watched the wheels turning around in his brain and being a smart kid with in 5 seconds he most agreeably said OK
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Also, at the cc dinner there were about 100 guests and apparently there was drama I was unaware of regarding seating arrangements. Some family members felt their status warranted a table with the graduate's parents, and not with the charming bf from WY. Again, its a goddamn dinner party for a HS graduation and some panties were twisted over not being at the head table.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Also, at the cc dinner there were about 100 guests and apparently there was drama I was unaware of regarding seating arrangements. Some family members felt their status warranted a table with the graduate's parents, and not with the charming bf from WY. Again, its a goddamn dinner party for a HS graduation and some panties were twisted over not being at the head table.
    Maybe it was the sportcoat?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Some family members felt their status warranted a table with the graduate's parents, and not with the charming bf from WY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

[QUOTE=Parvo;5690839................. Although gf's father told her "no ring, no bring" in reference to my attending these type of family gatherings in the future.[/QUOTE]

My dad ran into a similar situation with a young lady he was smitten with while spending a summer in Norway. He was invited to go on a sailing trip with the family but her dad said "No ring, No go." Pop told me that he knew some fellows who had "acquired" a few bags of gold teeth so he bought a bag, had a a ring made and went on the trip. Maybe you can find a way to slip the story into a conversation with the gf's dad.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Jezuz, we're they Nazis?

Close but no. They were the guys who moved the Nazi gold stash from the mine where it was discovered and some fell off the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jezuz, we're they Nazis?
    I’m guessing dentist at treblinka

Was the last name Szell? Any one ask you if it was safe?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    ... while spending a summer in Norway...Pop told me that he knew some fellows who had "acquired" a few bags of gold teeth so he bought a bag, had a a ring made....
    Holy Shit! Did you just really say that?

Yep. Nutz, huh? Cool true story though, eh

More creepy, really. Did the young lady in question know that the ring on her finger came from somebody’s mouth?

He never told me that he told her. My guess would be no but she might not have cared given the times.

Story is here.

https://www.archives.gov/publication...-treasure.html

Well someone really pissed in this thread’s Cheerios.
    I still call it The Jake.

I though that I was doing the OP a solid by setting him up a prank line for his gf's dad. The thread could continue the theme of shitting on wealthy excess. OTOH I've been thinking of all the upside of the trickle down that's happening here. I'd wager some valet had a $1000 day

Celebrating High School Graduation

Typical TGR thread: starts out talking about rich Texans and their private jets and devolves into looted Nazi gold smuggled into post war Norway. Seems legit.

Edit: would be hilarious if it turned out the teenage Norwegian girl in Wooley's story moved to Texas in the late 40's and is now the great-grandmother of Parvo's GF.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd wager some valet had a $1000 day
    I asked gf if we were supposed to tip netjet pilot since they handle your luggage and serve as high-end aisle donkeys. She said it’s typically 20% so I shat myself doing the math on that amount and how the tip is more than commercial flight ticket. But she was pulling my chain. Tip is included with membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Typical TGR thread: starts out talking about rich Texans and their private jets and devolves into looted Nazi gold smuggled into post war Norway. Seems legit.
    right on.

I originally was going to post an exchange between Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl (as Bob and Helen Parr)... concerning graduation of all things. A visionary.

Helen : Yes! They happened, but this; our family, is what's happening now, Bob! And you're missing this! I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation!
    Bob : It's not a graduation. He is moving from the fourth grade to the fifth grade.
    Helen : It's a ceremony!
    Bob : It's psychotic! They created new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but it someone is genuinely exceptional...

from IMDB