Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Yeti Kills it Again...

I'm most definitely not a fan of Yeti in general, but Jesus they kill it when it comes to mountain bike content. Strong work, fellas.

Sure, if you like unnecessary roosting and blown out trails. I expect nothing less from yeti.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm most definitely not a fan of Yeti in general, but Jesus they kill it when it comes to mountain bike content. Strong work, fellas.

Learning here: what's your beef with Yeti?

yeti killed my bank account

but what a way to die
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Learning here: what's your beef with Yeti?
    Mostly on a personal level, how they treated me when I was starting Chasing Epic and how they've treated friends who have ridden their bikes in the past. Plus, the Yeti fan-boy'ism here in Colorado can be quite annoying at times.

That said, I know they make killer bikes and from a marketing perspective, they know what they're doing. Their marketing content blows away everyone else in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Sure, if you like unnecessary roosting and blown out trails. I expect nothing less from yeti.
    that's kind of what I thought. In numerous spots they seemed to ride off trail, too. Videos like this don't really help mountain bikers (not saying that it is their job to make videos that do).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I only saw one gratuitous freeride flick. Beyond that, it was mostly just guys riding fast, and there's nothing wrong with that.

blown out trails
    Yes, this film is about Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's kind of what I thought. In numerous spots they seemed to ride off trail, too. Videos like this don't really help mountain bikers (not saying that it is their job to make videos that do).
    They had a video up for Dr. Park a few years back. I wrote them a note asking them to please not glorify the skiddy/roosty/off-trail-y behavior, as it reflected poorly on mt bikers.

They didn't respond.

So it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yes, this film is about Colorado
    I laughed.

I was disappointed by the lack of C (for Colorado!!!!) shirts and hats.

Yeah, my current Yeti is the last one I'll have for some of the reasons above as well as their role with IMBA

Seems like they need new tires, they keep skidding out.

Purty mountains.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

if they are running the aggressor out back it will drift a bit which i actualy find helpful for getting them wagon wheels around the tight 180 hair pins up on the bluff

I thot about swapping the DHF on the front to the back when I get a new tire, I wonder if a 2.5 will fit where the agressor was ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

where are the coolers?

You know they’re there, they are too bro-brah not to have them.

Let's face it... it's all good as long as it's not a Specialized.

Fuck Specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Seems like they need new tires, they keep skidding out.

Purty mountains.
    That seems to be the new trend, not knowing how to ride trails and skidding out corners instead of letting the suspension do it's job, preloading into corners and letting the suspension push you out.
    Yeah, that video kinda irked me. Poor trail advocacy blowing right past a skier walking out on a trail. Yeti, you guys really aren't doing yourselves any favors.
    There's a big Yeti "tribe" here in Boise and like Santa Cruz I really don't think their bikes are that fun to ride. I'll stick with my Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    That seems to be the new trend, not knowing how to ride trails and skidding out corners instead of letting the suspension do it's job, preloading into corners and letting the suspension push you out.
    Let's face it... it's not really anything new. Poor trail manners makes for good video. Not sure how to combat it... maybe it can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    It irked me precisely because it wasn't an issue of not knowing how to ride trails. I'm a hack, I try to ride as well as I can but fuck, sometimes I skid my turns. And I get annoyed when people bitch about riders skidding turns, because I'm doing the best I can.

But these guys weren't hacks, and they were doing it intentionally, to look cool.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But these guys weren't hacks, and they were doing it intentionally, to look cool.
    this.

Sigh. I’ve loved my yeti but I too will likely move on next year. Since I can’t ride all summer might be time to start another “what bike do I want” thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Can we move on to how Yeti team peeps ride huge backcountry rides with one water bottle? Used to be no water at all in videos but the frame designers finally relented to the pressure.

Joey has a strict no backpack, pro skid, pro color matching director policy.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Can we move on to how Yeti team peeps ride huge backcountry rides with one water bottle? Used to be no water at all in videos but the frame designers finally relented to the pressure.

Joey has a strict no backpack, pro skid, pro color matching director policy.
    Maybe they have one of those filter water bottles like the one I found randomly on the Elkhorn Crest trail last summer. That or they find other trail users that actually have all the right supplies, water, food and snacks for their epic b/c rides and the "tribe" members just smoke them out.

Yeah, where do they keep their tools and tubes for repair, in their seattube and headset? Possibly...

Joey hauls all that stuff in on his drone.