To a lost riding buddy.

https://www.parkrecord.com/news/woma...ty-police-say/

RIP Cyndi.

We rode some cool trails together back in our misspent youth. Those rides were not misspent.

Probably not a bad way to go.

what a bummer. RIP Cyndi and sorry for your loss non bunion
    and not to be "silver lining" person bc there aint no silver linings when someone leaves us too soon. but I hope I am still out shredding the trails at 68 yo
    something I aspire to #Cyndistyle
    skid luxury

Sorry to hear that, vibes.

My best biking buddy is cancer free now but he is also a paraplegic from nerve damage due to the cure.

Stay safe.
    watch out for snakes

Sorry man. I read that earlier today and thought she must be a newbie. Sound like I’m way off?

Sad news. Glad you've got good memories with her.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Sorry for your loss Bunion. The news crept around the SLC bike community today. I didn’t know her, but she was an OG for sure from what I heard

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry about that Bunion.

Damn sorry Man. Was ridin up there yesterday and heard that news. Sounds like she had good run, still gettin after it at 68. And like you said, prolly not a bad way to go.

RIP Cyndi.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Sorry to read. Peace.

I know how it feels. I lost my riding/skiing buddy a few ago. Rest. Peace.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/annou...kus-1974-2016/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

bummer news. Didn't know her but you automatically feel close to people in your local riding community.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Hate to hear this...

Mountain Biking Icon, Cyndi Schwandt Remembered
    By Carolyn Murray • 10 hours ago

Park City resident, Cynthia Schwandt was found on Monday evening on a mountain bike trail in the Prospector area of Park City. She was unresponsive and had no

Anyone who has been a part of the mountain biking or Nordic skiing scene in Park City for the last 30 years, knows Cindy Schwandt. Ed Orschel has lived in Park City for decades and was the first person to arrive at the scene of the accident at about 7:15 on Monday evening. He has ridden many Tour Des Suds races with Schwandt over the years. He was on an evening ride just below the switchbacks on an upper section of the Prospector trails, called Fox Tail.

“I knew immediately who she was, I mean, I knew her face immediately upon arriving because she was wearing her Team Sugar jersey and you know, she’s like you said, she’s a cyclist that has a lot of history here in Park City and we should be naming a trail after her and a Tour Des Suds about her.”

Long time Summit County resident, Tom Noeker says there was a group of trail enthusiasts which she was a part of 40 years ago.
    “Oh, there was a whole group of people back in the early 80’s who were, you know, they were the original trail builders in Park City. You know, you go all the way back to that time frame, there weren’t really any trails at all. Just finding old miner’s paths and connecting them by hand. And, basically, created the architecture for the Mountain Trails Foundation. That was all done on the QT. It was bootlegged, no approval.

Todd Henneman is co-owner of Storm Cycles bicycle shop at Kimball Junction. He met Schwandt in the early 90’s. He says she’s been competing and winning for decades and it was often tricky to find bikes that fit her small stature. “Active and traveling for mountain bike racing. I just got to know them from that. She’s just been a, going clear back to the early 90’s, kind of a staple for Park City as far as mountain biking goes. Always a leader in mountain biking. I don’t know, Cindy just continued to stay with it for as long as anyone I know…and as far as competing…”

Schwandt was well known for her affinity for the color purple. She’s been a guide with Team Sugar for more than 15 years and fellow guide, Gina Werner says when the group goes out for their ride, they’ll celebrate Schwandt’s vibrant life.

“You know, she always won. She was the winner of the Tour Des Suds ride every year. She made sure she was going to win that. Such a strong, experienced rider. And, she knew the old trails inside and out.”

Executive Director of Mountain Trails, Charlie Sturgis says Schwandt was one of his first customer in the early 80’s when White Pine first opened on Main Street. He says everyone knew it was Cindy coming because she was clad in purple. And he confirms her reputation as a force to be reckoned on the mountain bike racing circuit.

Werner says she and her Team Sugar mates are planning a memorial ride for a later date. For the Tuesday evening ride, she plans to pass around purple ribbon to commemorate Schwandt’s love of the sport.
    She was highlighted in the Utah Adventure Journal in 2009, a story covering the early days of mountain biking and racing in Utah. http://utahadvjournal.com
    NIce write up, lots of names I hadn't thought of in years. Lots of memories and already some phone calls reconnecting.