Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    i like her just fine. must be you.

Whatever, it’s just soccer. Big whoop, she kicked a ball in a net. Whole thing will be forgotten by the weekend.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

if only it hadn't been a worldwide event and you had forgotten it was even happening we wouldn't have heard your hot take!

Betting Rapinoe goes in to politics after she retries from soccer. Would also do well in show business. Haters gonna hate LOL...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    This isn’t about male/female dynamics. She is the least like-able ‘hero’ in quite some time.
    because...?

Purple hair?
    Lesbian?
    Kap supporter?
    Hates Trump?

Explain.

And yeah, you're wrong.

Shut up spook, she’s not like-able. Just accept it.
    You may not like her, but you’re in a distinct minority. Everyone I’ve talked to thinks she’s great.

Women’s World Cup 2019

None of that matters to me, none of it. It’s the smug, grandstanding in sports that I can’t stand. She sucks

And just for reference, I’ll be voting for Elizabeth Warren in the primary
    crab in my shoe mouth

None of that matters to me, none of it. It’s the smug, grandstanding in sports that I can’t stand. She sucks
    Maybe just leave the thread then so you don’t keep getting triggered.

It's called having fun and enjoying the moment. You should try it sometime.

Name:  downloadfile.gif
Views: 402
Size:  238.9 KB

I love women’s World Cup skiing and I’ll be voting for Elizabeth Warren in the primary. Soccer is boring as fuck, no matter whose playing. Fucking penalty kick wins the game, so lame.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Betting Rapinoe goes in to politics after she retries from soccer. Would also do well in show business. Haters gonna hate LOL...
    I think she’d make a good farmer, since she is outstanding in her field.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I think she’d make a good farmer, since she is outstanding in her field.
    She’s good at milking it, you might be onto something here.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    So the US just beat a team for the "World Cup" that has a population less than NY.
    and is also holding the title of Women's EUFA Champions. They went and beat the best of the best.

And I like Rapinoe. I also like that the FIFA prez. was solidly booed on introduction due to the pay gap (and other FIFA bullshit). BTW, the not-televised on broadcast TV US men's national team lost to mexico yesterday and got paid more for that loss then the Women who just won the final in the largest tourney there is. The men are on their way once again to not get a spot in the 2022 WC. We need people like Rapinoe to raise awareness and go fight.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I also like that the FIFA prez. was solidly booed on introduction due to the pay gap. BTW, the not-televised on broadcast TV US men's national team lost to mexico yesterday and got paid more for that loss then the Women who just won the final in the largest tourney there is. The men are on their way once again to not get a spot in the 2022 WC. We need people like Rapinoe to raise awareness and go fight.
    This is a conversation that needs to happen more and more.. and at other levels and leagues besides USNT. We can't ingnore the fact that men's MSL teams also pay way higher than women's pro teams. So, when the MSL season and WC schedule have conflicts, the men give up a bigger day job paycheck to skip (or have to have it built in to their contract probably costing them a there) and play on the NT. I have no idea but if anyone can chime in.... how does the meager stipend the women get to play and win on the NT compare to their pro contract pay?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that the Carolina Courage sells as many seats as NCFC does. We don't have a top tier MSL team here yet so not sure how CC would compete for fan revenues there.

Anyway, ya, we need to keep this conversation going instead of just letting it fall back in to the weeds now that the WWC is over for now..

Women’s World Cup 2019

I agree that women national team base salary should be the same as men but pay as percent of WC tournament revenue is how the men and women are compensated for the tournament. An independent review of revenue, especially for US women, is certainly warranted as I suspect interest in the US women and value commercially exceeds the men.

On a related note:

"The R&A announced today that the prize fund for the upcoming AIG Women’s British Open will increase to US$4,500,000, an increase of almost 40% for 2019, in recognition of the importance of the Championship and women’s golf."

And just for reference, I’ll be voting for Elizabeth Warren in the primary
    Now we agree on something. The grandstanding is out of hand. I get it when a guy wants to do and end zone dance--as Chris Collinsworth says it's just young men having fun, but running into the backfield and pounding your chest for making an ordinary tackle--tackling is just doing your job. However, I hope you're at least as old as me, because as I said earlier grandstanding is the way of the world and has been for a long time. It'd be sad for a young person to feel this way.

I might vote for Warren, might vote for Harris, might change my mind completely by the time the primary rolls around.

But wait, you find soccer boring but like watching ski racing? The only sport more boring to watch then ski racing is . . . give me a moment, I'll think of something. I was going to say stage bike racing but there is that 10 second sprint at the finish at the end of 6 hours of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I agree that women national team base salary should be the same as men but pay as percent of WC tournament revenue is how the men and women are compensated for the tournament. An independent review of revenue, especially for US women, is certainly warranted as I suspect interest in the US women and value commercially exceeds the men.

On a related note:

"The R&A announced today that the prize fund for the upcoming AIG Women’s British Open will increase to US$4,500,000, an increase of almost 40% for 2019, in recognition of the importance of the Championship and women’s golf."
    also in recognition of the fact the Women's Open has a naming sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The only sport more boring to watch
    Regular season baseball?

cycling?

Women’s World Cup 2019

Honestly, I don’t understand the popularity of televised golf. It remains a stalwart because the demographic is so valuable.

I agree that women national team base salary should be the same as men but pay as percent of WC tournament revenue is how the men and women are compensated for the tournament.
    The men don't have a base salary.

Anyways. The FIFA prize money goes to USSF I believe. FIFA are corrupt fuckwhits so good luck getting that to change. The women are compensated by USSF (US Soccer Federation). They get a base salary, money for qualifying, games won, winning the cup, and get paid for a "victory tour". There total compensation is lower for a full cup cycle than the men, despite winning and coming close to equal revenue earning for USSF.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 07-08-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Honestly, I don’t understand the popularity of golf.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    golf
    We were discussing sports

Soccer is boring as fuck
    And yet, here you are.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.41.11 AM.png
Views: 474
Size:  551.0 KB
    Actually a few in this thread.
    Cuz chicks dig the misogyny.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda