Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Riiiight. Have you ever talked to a kid who’s into sports? Ever?
    I can’t remember ever holding any athlete as a role model. Maybe admire their skill or mimic their style but never thought of them as some kind of moral or behavioral pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ggs just has the usual bullshit rightwing talking point.
    Aka actual numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I can’t remember ever holding any athlete as a role model. Maybe admire their skill or mimic their style but never thought of them as some kind of moral or behavioral pillar.
    well you have a clue and I know you are a jock. jock is not pejorative, I should have written athlete

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Aka actual numbers...
    FIFA doesn't pay the USWNT. What the fuck is so fucking hard for rightwingers to understand about that? Again: US Soccer pays the USWNT. The national soccer orgs decide who & how money is spent on their national programs.

Women’s World Cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    you mean have you talked to their parents? lol

no i haven't ever talked to a kid that is really into sports. mine are not and I don't talk to that many kids

your attitude is the whole problem. kids should be taught sports people aren't role models. i did

in my opinion sports have fucked up kids more than they have benefited kids

i have quietly asked around in my community does anyone know of a kid that got a scholarship for sports. the answer is almost universally no. the coaching I had in hockey was abysmal and I still hate baseball to this day from the twat coaches I had in little league
    My attitude? You project. I talk to kids a lot. My friends have kids, etc. They have heroes who are athletes, whether you like that or not. BTW, I have some very good friends who are still competing and were former Olympians who are fabulous role models.

OK, would Joanie Samuelson be a good role model?

Sorry your sports experience sucked so much. I’ve had tons of coaches, most good, some bad, (like people).
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

no i am not projecting, i just watch and listen to the parents I know...

my favorite is the relative who sent their kid to prep school because they were going pro and ended up playing div3 with no scholarship

oh and athletes are not role models. your friends may be great people but running fast or throwing something far is no big fucking deal. really - it's nothing to laud

Live Free or Die

Athletes don't get paid to be role models. They get paid to make money for other people--the owners, broadcasters, advertisers--and they deserve a fair slice of the pie, whatever that is---as long as the team or the sport is not being subsidized by the taxpayers. Public stadiums and arenas are a travesty unless they are turning a profit for the city, which is rarely if ever the case.

Another month, maybe two and women's soccer will be forgotten until the next world cup.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

oh and athletes are not role models. your friends may be great people but running fast or throwing something far is no big fucking deal. really - it's nothing to laud
    Don't you mean they shouldn't be role models? Because they most certainly are role models for many, that seems pretty indisputable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

people do a lot of stupid shit, my favorite at the moment is to say go back to the country you are from when you were born here

i've had that posted at me here because my parents are dutch

so yeah danno - athletes = role model = stupid = lots of people

oh wait, i should leave the usa, never mind

Wait wait wait, you're Dutch?!?!? That explains so much! Fucking Orangie.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Another month, maybe two and women's soccer will be forgotten until the next world cup.
    Kinda like mass shootings, but they'll last a wee bit longer.

people do a lot of stupid shit, my favorite at the moment is to say go back to the country you are from when you were born here

i've had that posted at me here because my parents are dutch

so yeah danno - athletes = role model = stupid = lots of people

oh wait, i should leave the usa, never mind
    two things I can't stand: people who are intolerant of others, and the Dutch.

Tiger Woods used his skill at golf to make a lot of $ and gain access to the pants of many many women of variable quality. That's pretty fucking heroic IMHO...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Good article about post WC women's professional soccer and how the players, particularly Sinclair, are role models to young girls.
    https://deadspin.com/the-biggest-thi...sam-1836365285
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda