Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Sick goal. Excellent cap to the whole tournament

If you’re not watching the insta stories from the locker room celebration you are missing out on some quality content.

Glad Lavelle scored that second goal and that the score stayed 2-zip (I mean nil). It would have been sad if that PK was the game. Morgan wasn't kicked, she ran into that foot and dove. She should have gotten a yellow for the dive. Arjen Robben would have been proud. In a final you make the winner earn it, you don't give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Glad Lavelle scored that second goal and that the score stayed 2-zip (I mean nil). It would have been sad if that PK was the game. Morgan wasn't kicked, she ran into that foot and dove. She should have gotten a yellow for the dive. Arjen Robben would have been proud. In a final you make the winner earn it, you don't give it to them.
    Once again, the penalty is not about the contact, it's about the challenge. It was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Once again, the penalty is not about the contact, it's about the challenge. It was the right call.
    By the letter of the rule yes. Of course the video ref didn't have to call for the review. No one was complaining about the non call as I recall. And the dive was egregious. IMO the appropriate use of video review of fouls, penalties, etc is to reverse a call when a particularly severe penalty has been called--like targeting in college football or a flagrant in BB. If the ref had called a PK then a VAR would have been appropriate, or if Morgan had actually been hurt. The whole thing is ironic considering how often Morgan was mugged in the tournament with no call. Maybe we need enforcers in soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    By the letter of the rule yes. Of course the video ref didn't have to call for the review. No one was complaining about the non call as I recall. And the dive was egregious. IMO the appropriate use of video review of fouls, penalties, etc is to reverse a call when a particularly severe penalty has been called--like targeting in college football or a flagrant in BB. If the ref had called a PK then a VAR would have been appropriate, or if Morgan had actually been hurt. The whole thing is ironic considering how often Morgan was mugged in the tournament with no call. Maybe we need enforcers in soccer.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/goal/stat...04321545232384

Name:  D-4s4ugWwAAqVEu.jpeg.jpeg
Views: 460
Size:  52.7 KB

Dude. It’s a PK by rule. They had the most experienced officials reviewing the damn thing in the studio and they agreed. I mean if you’ve played at any level it’s not even a question. Defender knows this. The only reason she raised her leg that high is that she thought she was cooked and took the chance. She lost.

That said, I am glad that wasn’t the only goal. Better for narrative to win with run of play.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You kick high enough to cleat someone above the elbow, you're going to get called for dangerous play. Doesn't matter how hard the contact is.

You do that in the box when you know you're beat in desperation. Ref didn't give the US a single call in the first half despite the fact we were getting mugged over and over. Frankly I was happy when the VAR review popped up because the ref was just letting everything go by.

The dutch fought hard, defended well and the first half could have gone either way. They should hold their heads high, many WC finals aren't as good of a match to watch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    You kick high enough to cleat someone above the elbow, you're going to get called for dangerous play. Doesn't matter how hard the contact is. You do that in the box when you know you're beat in desperation. Ref didn't give the US a single call in the first half despite the fact we were getting mugged over and over. ]TGR Forums mobile app[/URL]
    Old Goat doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. For a guy who claims Truckee, he sure sounds just like a whinging euro who wanted America to lose.

Yeah, the ref didn't see that high boot because that bitch didn't see a goddamn thing the whole fucking game! That's why we (american teams) really benefit from VAR, because most of the international soccer refs hate America. I mean, good fucking luck getting a fair game out of a latin american ref when USA is on the field. So often, the game just turns into payback for a century of historical grievances. I've been watching American soccer get royally screwed by the refs for decades. IMHO, VAR levels what is usually an uneven playing field and that PK is a good example. A ref who wasn't inclined to call a penalty kick for the U.S. had to do so because there was clear replay proof she blew the call.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 07-07-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Interesting that the initial call was a corner but the replay didn't seem to show any contact with the ball. Looked like she pretty much blew it entirely before going to VAR.

The non-call in the first half when Morgan got shoved from behind in the box probably should have been PK as well and seemed much more obvious in real time. The ref let em play as long as she could.

Way to go stupid twat drops flag.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Old Goat doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. For a guy who claims Truckee, he sure sounds just like a whinging euro who wanted America to lose.

Yeah, the ref didn't see that high boot because that bitch didn't see a goddamn thing the whole fucking game! That's why we (american teams) really benefit from VAR, because most of the international soccer refs hate America. I mean, good fucking luck getting a fair game out of a latin american ref when USA is on the field. So often, the game just turns into payback for a century of historical grievances. I've been watching American soccer get royally screwed by the refs for decades. IMHO, VAR levels what is usually an uneven playing field and that PK is a good example. A ref who wasn't inclined to call a penalty kick for the U.S. had to do so because there was clear replay proof she blew the call.
    somebody has some issues

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    The purple haired chick is totally hate-able. Go Orange
    You and Trump should go have a soda pop together.

Take an extra lap and two dick punches

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You and Trump should go have a soda pop together.

Take an extra lap and two dick punches
    I don’t like soda
    crab in my shoe mouth

You might want to cut back on the steroids.

I should probably stop watching soccer (which I played in college) and go back to watching hockey. When does it start?

And how does a skinny little thing like Rose Lavelle kick like that? The Torey Krug of women's soccer. I'm in love (with Rose, not Torey).

I don’t like soda
    Me neither, but you and Trumpy both don't like Rapinoe.

So the US just beat a team for the "World Cup" that has a population less than NY.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Me neither, but you and Trumpy both don't like Rapinoe.

So the US just beat a team for the "World Cup" that has a population less than NY.
    I’m not the only who can’t stand her grandstanding smug bullshit.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

...For a guy who claims Truckee, he sure sounds just like a whinging euro who wanted America to lose....
    Hell -- even my ex who is from Amsterdam and has followed football religiously since she was a toddler agreed with the refs call.

I’m not the only who can’t stand her grandstanding smug bullshit.
    Go on Now
    She doesn't grandstand any worse than any male athlete in any sport you can think of, except maybe golf. The days of "act like you've been there before" are long gone.

This isn’t about male/female dynamics. She is the least like-able ‘hero’ in quite some time.
    crab in my shoe mouth

This isn’t about male/female dynamics. She is the least like-able ‘hero’ in quite some time.
    disagree, I have seen many a happy faces this weekend with the USA win. she was on the winning team of world cup, she can be who she wants and fuck those who are too much of snowflakes to sit back an enjoy.

hope you enjoyed fenway, looked like good sets.

weird that large groups of people around the world completely disagree with you

weird that large groups of people around the world completely disagree with you. i really thought you had the pulse of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    weird that large groups of people around the world completely disagree with you. i really thought you had a pulse on humanity.
    Shut up spook, she’s not like-able. Just accept it.
    crab in my shoe mouth