Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I played from age 10 on. Varsity in 9th grade. City champ rec team in 10th grade. Then started competing in USSA Freestyle. Bar league on Long Island in my 20s. Coached my kids' U6 though U15 teams. That replay's WAY too close to overturn the call on the field. Show me her clearly offsides before the pass is tipped. The angle of the photo is deceiving.

Pretty sure the PK awarded by replay was a make up call for overturning the goal called back on this replay.

Regardless, I think the US would have won anyway be it in extra periods or PKs. England was good but not better.
    I honestly think of all the shit posters around here, this guy is neck and neck with Bennie. In you prior pontificating, you claim
    "I lived in Oklahoma in the 60s, VA early 70s, Dallas area in the 90s before moving to Durham."
    Somewhere you squeezed in living in Long Island as a semi pro soccer player.
    How about not being all things to all subjects and STFU

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Rugby League.
    Agree. The fluidity is the cool thing about it. It’s almost like one big play-on.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I honestly think of all the shit posters around here, this guy is neck and neck with Bennie. In you prior pontificating, you claim
    "I lived in Oklahoma in the 60s, VA early 70s, Dallas area in the 90s before moving to Durham."
    Somewhere you squeezed in living in Long Island as a semi pro soccer player.
    How about not being all things to all subjects and STFU
    Long Island from 82-89. Minnesota from 73-82. It happens when you grow up in a military family. And Charlotte still sucks FWIW Why do you care about my history? Are you building a shrine or should I get a restraining order against you?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I honestly think of all the shit posters around here, this guy is neck and neck with Bennie.
    Chinese offload ramp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

American sports are all about planning and scheming. European sports are more about emerging strategy.

white was offsides, it was close but clearly offsides. like i said, lavelle in the middle but put ertz back at centerback with dahllkemper. sauerbrunn should have been red carded for the pk b/c she stopped an obviously scoring chance and almost scored a beauty of an own goal in the first half. bring in mewis and please stop going to 5 in the back and with ertz, its pretty much 6 in the back and just absorb pressure after you get a lead. go score another goal and end the game. sweden's experience gets them through today

I'm still not convinced that video or the still photo is 100% definitive proof of offsides. We can't tell if there is any space between the foot and the ball in the photo.
    If, at the moment of the pass, any part of the body of the attacker is further down than the defender it is an offside. Be foot, elbow or head.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

On a close call it's impossible for the AR to see the ball leaving the foot and the position of the receiving player at the same time. In baseball, where the foot touching the base and the ball hitting the first baseman's glove occur within a few feet of each other the umpire has to rely on hearing the ball hit the glove while watching the foot hit the bag. In American football video from different angles can be synced on a split screen. Assuming there is the same capability in FIFA soccer you can compare a view of the ball leaving the foot with a different view of the position of the attacker at the same time. We're all seeing the same single view still photo--impossible for us to judge as accurately, but even that is more accurate than the AR.

I thought those stills were what VAR uses. They freeze it at the time of the pass then the lines are drawn on top? Kinda like the first down line in American football

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    white was offsides, it was close but clearly offsides. like i said, lavelle in the middle but put ertz back at centerback with dahllkemper. sauerbrunn should have been red carded for the pk b/c she stopped an obviously scoring chance and almost scored a beauty of an own goal in the first half. bring in mewis and please stop going to 5 in the back and with ertz, its pretty much 6 in the back and just absorb pressure after you get a lead. go score another goal and end the game. sweden's experience gets them through today
    I have been searching and cannot find anything on Lavelles injury... It was def her hamstring and nothing to whether or not she and Rapinoes will be able to play... Having Lavelle out is huge as her confidence is sky high, feeds the ball better than anyone to our scorers and probably has as good as foot skills as Tobin...

Could also not agree more with your lineup... We have way to much in the backfield and I could not have more faith and trust than I do in Dunn... Holy shit is she fast...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

American sports are all about planning and scheming. European sports are more about emerging strategy.
    Hockey is about emerging strategy at 10 times the speed of soccer. Basketball at twice the speed of soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hockey is about emerging strategy at 10 times the speed of soccer. Basketball at twice the speed of soccer.
    And baseball is much more about situational tactics than some grand strategy or scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Hockey or Lacrosse?
    Rugby League.
    NHL still has commercial timeouts and a decent amount of reasons to stop play and reset with a face off. I'd say it's close to soccer, but the commercials still hurt it. It's a lot better than NFL and NBA though, and can definitely go though some long periods of good fluid play. Personally I don't mind the breaks in NHL play, it's pretty well balanced between the need for constant action and the need to reload beer and snacks.

Lacrosse and Rugby FTW, The NCAA added an 80 second shot clock for the 2019 season so that will help with the stalling.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

please stop going to 5 in the back and with ertz, its pretty much 6 in the back and just absorb pressure after you get a lead. go score another goal and end the game.
    In the post game analysis that gal from the UK talked about them using the 1414 @ the end with Ertz in the middle & Morgan as striker, and the replays she showed looked to me like it worked pretty well. Otherwise I pretty much agree with you.
    Also it was pretty enlightening to hear Press say that she doesn’t even practice headers, she just watches Carly Lloyd, so it’s hard to criticize Jill when we’re not at the practices seeing what the hell is going on.

sauerbrunn should have been red carded for the pk b/c she stopped an obviously scoring chance
    Bullshit.

It was a really poor penalty decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    If, at the moment of the pass, any part of the body of the attacker is further down than the defender it is an offside. Be foot, elbow or head.
    Arms aren't considered for offside, so not elbow. That's per the current edition of the Laws of the game, I can't remember if it's always been such.

Aussie Rules is kinda fast and fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Aussie Rules is kinda fast and fluid.
    Yeah, but nobody knows what is going on with Aussie Rules, even the players.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    oh, yeah, definitely. you watch top euro soccer, mens world cup, when the teams up 7-0 what they do is sub in attacking players and leave the stars on the field to score more goals not protect your stars from injury and give them rest. 7-0 is a huge safety cushion in soccer. It's the previous highest score in the womens world cup for the US actually - back in 1991.
    Wow that really puts 13 goals into perspective. I don't follow soccer much but that seemed like a pretty ridiculous number to me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hockey yes, basketball no.. Look at all the intentional fouls to stop the game in the final 2 minutes, especially in NCAA. The final 2 minutes in an NCAA basketball game can take half an hour LOL..

Women’s World Cup 2019

Oh JHC, FFS. Thailand had two wins, 11-0 and 9-0 in the lead up qualifying rounds to the World Cup so the US going 13-0 isn’t that big a deal, not to mention they only get three subs. fuck
    Also goal differential matters. And some other shit I’m probably forgetting like team chemistry or some shit.

Bullshit.

It was a really poor penalty decision.
    It was consistent with how the referees have handled fouls for the entire game. US second goal off Spain was no more egregious. @PNWbrit, I disagree. The ref can does not have to give a red in that situation. That said, she certainly could have and as a Brit you are entitled to argue for the red.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Yeah, but nobody knows what is going on with Aussie Rules, even the players.
    usually the case when everyone's drunk, no?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    NHL still has commercial timeouts and a decent amount of reasons to stop play and reset with a face off. I'd say it's close to soccer, but the commercials still hurt it. It's a lot better than NFL and NBA though, and can definitely go though some long periods of good fluid play. Personally I don't mind the breaks in NHL play, it's pretty well balanced between the need for constant action and the need to reload beer and snacks.

Lacrosse and Rugby FTW, The NCAA added an 80 second shot clock for the 2019 season so that will help with the stalling.
    Even if there were no commercial timeouts they'd have to stop to let the goalies and rest and hydrate--watch a hockey ref for a while, they don't do 45 second shifts. Actually, OT in the playoffs has no commercial breaks, just a break at 10 minutes for ice maintenance. Hockey commercial breaks are mercifully short--about 90 seconds judging by my skip forward remote.

Hockey yes, basketball no.. Look at all the intentional fouls to stop the game in the final 2 minutes, especially in NCAA. The final 2 minutes in an NCAA basketball game can take half an hour LOL..
    you're right about the last 2 minutes --or more like the last 5--of a bb game. Proves Einstein's theory about the expansion of time. Although it's not the intentional fouls so much as the number of timeouts. Easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    as a Brit you are entitled to argue for the red.
    I think you misunderstood me.

It shouldn't have been a penalty certainly no red card.