Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I think that those were the two best teams in the world right now. Glad we escaped with the W. On to the semis

I’ve tried to watch a few games and try to watch most of the highlight packages but it’s tough. The quality of the play is... not very high.

The Americans appear to be the class of the tournament. Hopefully die nationalelf can produce and meet them in the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

The US defense was extremely sketchy today, giving away the ball top of the box over and over with half hearted horrible pass and clear attempts. We were extremely lucky Naeher was on her game. First half we dominated, most of the 2nd half was a shit show in our own end under fire. Our D needs to step up against England.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Well they switched to a 5-4-1 and let them get possession gain, so some of that is to be expected. Dunn really stepped up though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I was watching via the telemundo stream because it isn't paywalled like fox and I don't habla well enough. Given the lag time between the commentary shouting GOL and then walking it back, I figured it was VAR.
    Telemundo Deportes on Roku?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Telemundo Deportes on Roku?
    Incognito mode via their website. Have to reset it every 10 minutes because I don't pay for tv

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The US defense was extremely sketchy today, giving away the ball top of the box over and over with half hearted horrible pass and clear attempts. We were extremely lucky Naeher was on her game. First half we dominated, most of the 2nd half was a shit show in our own end under fire. Our D needs to step up against England.
    Could not disagree more... 2 Fing goals scored against these ladies for the entire tournament and one of them was all our fault... Dunn who has been sketchy through this tournament shut down Frances best player... Some bad plays but again 2 total scores during this entire tournament says they are bad asses... England is not France and so far during this tournament my only shock is Morgan has been pretty much relegated other than when they played Thailand...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ Kinda agree on Morgan. She needs to step up, but she has been giving the hockey assists.

I’m not sure what’s up, but these Swedes don’t look like the same team the US beat. Great match so far.

Huge upset for Sweden today. Thought the match was over when Germany scored early, but the Swedes dominated from that point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^ Kinda agree on Morgan. She needs to step up, but she has been giving the hockey assists.
    isn't she banged up?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    isn't she banged up?
    Not sure. She played a full 90 min.

Sooooooo... How ‘bout this: France is not in the Olympics because only 3 go from Europe, and the WWC was the deciding factor, so England, Netherlands, and Sweden go.

Here’s where I complain about the US game plan against France. The forwards were barely involved. Dropping into the 4-5-1 worked but it didn’t allow enough of Heath breaking defenders in the wing - which is always the best part of any US game.

Hopefully, for entertainment’s sake, they wont bunker down again

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure. She played a full 90 min.

Sooooooo... How ‘bout this: France is not in the Olympics because only 3 go from Europe, and the WWC was the deciding factor, so England, Netherlands, and Sweden go.
    Italy's also out of the Olympics. Spain, etc... Upsets matter..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Italy's also out of the Olympics. Spain, etc... Upsets matter..
    The olympics is small tournament, only 12 teams qualify, spread out from 6 continents.
    1 Host Country Japan
    1 South America, Brazil, from the 2018 Copa América
    1 Oceania Nation, New Zealand, from OFC Nations Cup.
    3 Euro, Sweden, Netherlands, Great Britain, from the 2019 World Cup
    1 African from the 2020 CAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament
    2 CONCACAF (North America, Central America and Caribbean) from the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship
    2 Asian from the 2020 AFC Olympic Qualifying Tournament
    1 from the winner in a match between the runner up in South America, Chile, and the runner up in African CAF tournament.

Damn. Weird that the Euros don’t have a qualification tourney like the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Damn. Weird that the Euros don’t have a qualification tourney like the rest.
    They had a 46 nation qualification system to qualify the 8+host Euro teams to qualify for the 2019 World Cup.
    The easiest way to choose 3 for the Olympics in one years time is to take the best from the 9 who have already proved themselves.
    The other continental tournaments allow teams to have more International games for nations that don't get the opportunity to play very often at the international level. The European National teams get plenty of International games in their schedule. The European professional women's leagues have off weekends scheduled just for these international matches.

does supremoon not pay fuckall attention to womens soccer, or is supermoon a troll?

Yeah I don’t know shit about the intricacies of the Euro women’s soccer selection process. I’m pretty much a World Cup only soccer fan for women or men.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’m pretty much a World Cup only soccer fan for women or men.
    The Olympic Mens Tournament is a little different. All but 3 players must be under 23 years old.
    So Europe uses the Under 21 World Cup (happening right now in Italy, Semi Finals round now), South America uses their Under 20 tournament, and the other continents hold specific U23 tournaments.
    All the continental federations, except the CONCACAF nations, have already determined the teams qualified for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

Women’s World Cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The olympics is small tournament, only 12 teams qualify, spread out from 6 continents.
    1 Host Country Japan
    1 South America, Brazil, from the 2018 Copa América
    1 Oceania Nation, New Zealand, from OFC Nations Cup.
    3 Euro, Sweden, Netherlands, Great Britain, from the 2019 World Cup
    1 African from the 2020 CAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament
    2 CONCACAF (North America, Central America and Caribbean) from the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship
    2 Asian from the 2020 AFC Olympic Qualifying Tournament
    1 from the winner in a match between the runner up in South America, Chile, and the runner up in African CAF tournament.
    We were talking about this at dinner. Even if they expanded to 16 teams, it doesn’t, (for example), guarantee that Germany, (the defending gold medal team), would go.
    Last edited by plugboots; 06-29-2019 at 11:47 PM.

US vs France was a good test run for next men's WC--that is, no one died of heat stroke. If I recall correctly in 2014 the men took water breaks when it was very hot. I'm surprised they didn't do that in France yesterday, or maybe it wasn't that hot at game time? Oh, wait, I get it--women don't sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    US vs France was a good test run for next men's WC--that is, no one died of heat stroke. If I recall correctly in 2014 the men took water breaks when it was very hot. I'm surprised they didn't do that in France yesterday, or maybe it wasn't that hot at game time? Oh, wait, I get it--women don't sweat.
    They took water breaks in the Sweden game today. I guess yesterday’s game wasn’t as warm.

Holy shit with Rapinoe on the bench Morgan has to show up today... And Mewis is on the bench as well - she has been playing stong...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app