Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Women’s World Cup 2019

Kinda surprised there wasn’t a thread on this yet. Who’s watching?

US is up 12-0 on Thailand right now and it’s not over yet.

They pretty much cemented their status as favorites with this one.

13-0. Thailand sucks, but maybe don’t pile it on that bad.

If goal differential wasn’t a thing I’d agree. But who knows what Sweden will do, so those goals could potentially matter

not sure how beating up on an obviously inferior team cements you as a favorite in soccer, nor how keeping your starters in to the end so they can rack up the score on an obviously inferior team does much for you in the first game of the tournament.

edit: goal differential? bullshit. If Thailand is this shitty what matters will be the US v. Sweden or US v. Chile score not whether they won 12 nothing or 13 nothing or 8 nothing. And goal differential has nothing to do with elaborate celebrations for any goal after 5.

wow, congrats, you won the golden boot for kicking the shit out of a team in one game

Ya, they look good against a team that's ranked 34th in the world with odds of 1000/1 to win the tournament.
    The other odds are:
    USA 2/1
    France 3.5/1
    Germany 5.5/1
    England 7/1
    Japan 14/1
    Netherlands 14/1
    Brazil 20/1
    Sweden 20/1
    Australia 20/1
    Spain 25/1
    Canada 25/1

Goal differential and goals scored matter. Those are the 2nd and 3rd tiebreaking criteria. USA shouldn't need to worry about it, but suppose both USA and Sweden beat Chile and Thailand, then Sweden and USA draw? Guess what, it's gonna come down to goal differential. I feel bad for Thailand, but given the opportunity to amass a large safety cushion, it's kinda what you have to do.

As for leaving the starters in, you only get 3 subs so uhh... most of the starters are gonna stay in

oh, yeah, definitely. you watch top euro soccer, mens world cup, when the teams up 7-0 what they do is sub in attacking players and leave the stars on the field to score more goals not protect your stars from injury and give them rest. 7-0 is a huge safety cushion in soccer. It's the previous highest score in the womens world cup for the US actually - back in 1991.

If losing 13-0 hurts your feelings, go play at a park somewhere. It’s not the US’s job to stop their own shots.

So they are supposed to just kick the ball around in a circle until the game ends because Thailand can't stop them? That's even more disrespectful than letting shots go and staying on offense. Go cry somewhere else.

Not to take anything away from the US women, but that keeper from Thailand was just awful.

Hard to believe that there isn’t another team out there better than Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Hard to believe that there isn’t another team out there better than Thailand
    Plenty in this World Cup. 24 Women's teams qualified, Thailand is ranked 34h in world.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    So they are supposed to just kick the ball around in a circle until the game ends because Thailand can't stop them? That's even more disrespectful than letting shots go and staying on offense. Go cry somewhere else.
    This^^^^.......it’s complete bush league to pass the ball around and play keep away.....no matter the score. You keep playing the game but try working on different attack angles/tactics. If the opposition can’t stop any of them, that’s on them. It would nice though if FIFA allowed more substitution within the game....get more players into the game (especially in blowouts)

The only negative I saw was the “celebration” after each goal....it was a little much.....just score and head back for the restart.......don’t need all the theatrical group celebrations after each goal when game is out of reach.

Holy shit did Australia bounce back and answer Brazil... The momentum shifted quickly...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Running up the goals isn't a problem. The in your face celebrations is.
    It's disrespectful when you're destroying a clearly inferior opponent.
    Imagine if a team did that to them ? How would they react.
    I hope they learn from this

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Holy shit did Australia bounce back and answer Brazil... The momentum shifted quickly...

First time a team has come back from two goals down to win since ‘95

Morgan and Rapinoe being interviewed now and looking forward to their answers to the what was perceived as over celebration...

And did not know that fact Super... Australia completely flipped the game...

Last edited by Undertow; 06-13-2019 at 01:04 PM.

I really like Rapinoe. She definitely has a take no shit attitude which is awesome.

She totally does and answered the questions very well... I had zero issues with their celebrations - all that pressure and there is no question they have the bullseye on them... Like she said there has been so much leading up to this and it has been a total pressure cooker that they needed to release... F it they have worked hard and I dont blame them at all...

And are there dudes on Chinas team...?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

And are there dudes on Chinas team...?

Team Canada wins 2-0 over New Zealand

Carli Lloyd is unstoppable today

This would be 10-0 without the Chilean goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Carli Lloyd is unstoppable today
    Until a PK
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So is there anyway to watch games after they have ended? No cable, Hulu, etc and the Fox app is now giving less than 3 minutes for their free preview.