Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Nah, throw the bad actors in jail. It will make people think a bit more before doing shady shit.
    I mean, also look to change the process, but as they say "this is low hanging fruit"

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Nah, throw the bad actors in jail. It will make people think a bit more before doing shady shit.
    I mean, also look to change the process, but as they say "this is low hanging fruit"
    From my perspective, this has unfortunately devolved into a pipe dream. Courts, stock markets, commerce: all political utilities. There no guiding morality that holds those with socio-political power accountable. USA now behaves more like a banana republic than a beacon of law & order.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    From my perspective, this has unfortunately devolved into a pipe dream. Courts, stock markets, commerce: all political utilities. There no guiding morality that holds those with socio-political power accountable. USA now behaves more like a banana republic than a beacon of law & order.
    Sadly, if you are a corporation or person of money, that is very true. For the little people, the USA wants to be #1 in incarceration. I mean we have corporate prisons to support
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    This has some relevant remarks:
    This one's not bad either
    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9780525558316/

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Eh, it wouldn't be that hard. Just start with the bastards everyone hates, like Zuckerberg or Icahn or McConnell. Slowly move the bastard bar, just like it was moved up.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ^^which is why it circles back around to education, and why you keep hearing spending money on it it doesn't work - because it does and that fact threatens the douchebags' ability to keep controlling people, and those people control the media.
    There’s a real dog whistle aspect in there too. At least in the Midwest, where suburban and rural white people resent (and politically oppose) their personal white-people-taxes being spent on the schools and children most in need (Flint, Detroit, South Chicago, Gary Indiana, East Cleveland, St. Louis.....hey, wait a minute, what do all those places have in common?)

And then, magically, prison jobs appear in whitey rural towns. Magic! We saved on taxes and got us some rural white jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post

right cuz that has worked so well

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    right cuz that has worked so well
    No one has tried it in a while is my point

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The answers are very simple--living minimum wage, affordable public college education, nationwide K-12 education funding (not tied to property tax base), universally available subsidized pre-school and after school programs, vocational education for the non-academically-inclined, adequate pay for teachers, universal affordable health care, adequate mass transit. How to pay for it all?--steeply progressive income tax, eliminate the capital gains preference, a wealth tax on global assets of citizens. Achieving all this is simply a matter of the 90% opening their eyes, getting off their asses and voting for the right candidates They need to stop swallowing the bullshit that what matters are guns, abortion, and homosexuality--the crap that has people voting for the favored candidates of the wealthy and big corporations. The 90% should be able to outvote the 10%, no? If they don't they deserve what they get.
    Skipped over this as all pretty much what the rest of the western world does including Canada. But then thought if your trying to make like Canada to solve all the US problems, why does Canada have alot of the problems that the US has albeit to a lesser extent though with lower overall standard of living. Don't get me wrong most of the items listed make sense except maybe capital gains and depending what you mean by affordable college ed as you want the poor and lower middle class to pay for the education of people who will earn a lot more than them?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.