Dalbello Lupo vs. Full Tilt Ascendant

What kind of foot fits in either? Are they that different?

I am retiring a well worn pair of Full Tilt First Chairs, with work. They really stink, for one thing.

Yes, I am another crossover skier. I've decided I need exercise in the winter.

I've had both boots. The lupo fits a little narrower (98 width) and the Ascendant is 102 width, which I liked better - but obviously some gripe about (1st chairs are 99 width)

I also thought the Lupo flex was not smooth when driving the boot. I had Dalbello kryptons for alpine prior so I thought I would like the Lupo, but alas I didn't.
    By then I had switched my alpine boots to Full Tilt 1st chairs (which I feel ski very similarly to the Krypton) and so I tried the Ascendants when my husband got them and really liked the fit, flex.

The ascendant is also a touch shorter in height than the 1st chairs so that is something to consider. I feel like I recall the lupo being just a little taller than the ascendant
    Personally it worked out a little better for me being only 5' 7" though

LMK if you have any other questions. I might have some comparative pics of the 2 boots next to each other somewhere too
    skid luxury

Thanks. Found a store with both, so waiting until October shipping.

New Lupos have been wider for the past year or two. Except for the top carbon one.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

There are several Lupos. The 130C and the Team are on the 98 mm last, though they don't fit as tight as, say, a KR Pro. The Lupo AX 120 is supposedly a 100mm last, though it feels pretty roomy to me. The Ascendant is a bit roomier at 102mm.

I found the fit to be very comfortable on the descendent/ascendent- however once the snow set up in the late fall, I found the lateral stability to be lacking. They also run odd shell sizes & have more forward lean.

Lupos (like above, for me @ 5’8”) have a harsh flex, yet tons of laterally stable support. The forward lean too was very upright with the stock tongue & improved with a softer flex & then I failed to notice it anymore.

I went with a Lupo w/ a softer tongue & could not be happier. I plan on getting a mushy soft tongue for play/trees/early-late season next year.

I have some Minty FT shells if you are a 24 Mondo.