Japan 2019-20 Meet ups

Talks of BBI Japan 2020 - Unsure if that works for Japan but figured that I'd get the conversation rolling.

Just booked with Japan Ski Tours and plan to be in Tohoko from Jan 29-Feb 5th. Will overlap on both ends of the trip and plan to spend some time in Tokyo prior to skiing.
    - current dates are 1/25-2/8 (ish).

Who's planning on skiing FAT POW in Japan this year?

As a side note - 3 slots left on our trip for those interested.
    -https://www.japanskitours.com/fronti...d-booking.html

im based up in Hokkaido, say hi if you end up my way.

I too am in Hokkaido. Retired and moved back to Sapporo last fall. My first winter here in 25 years and I found myself lacking for backcountry partners. My friends from back in the day are very old or dead now and I am a still youthful 62. My friends here now are mostly guides who don't ski with partners; they have clients. So here is my deal. I want to hook up with experienced backcountry skiers and develop a new network. I am experienced at a high level, still strong, and a solid partner. Long time avalanche educator and retired adult learning professional. Co-founder of Hokkaido's first public avalanche education program and former AIARE advisory board member. Telemark skier who shamelessly makes alpine turns whenever I feel like it. I also put together and host a couple of trips a year for experienced visitors--max 4 people, explicitly unguided--mostly friends/word of mouth. Or I can connect visitors with local guides if that's an experience they want. I'm all about sharing the stoke, not running a business.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Booked flights 1/27-2/7. No itinerary yet.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I've been wanting to japan for a few years. If i move to the west coast it would be a lot easier trip.

Not as big a difference as you might think. LAX to Narita 11:20. Denver to Narita 11:50. O'hare to Narita 13:00. Boston to Narita 13:45. Newark to Narita 13:55. Do it!

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

I'll likely be back for the winter this year. Did 3 months in a camper van last year all across hokkaido and honshu. Always looking to stack up touring partners.

Shameless plug, but those looking for an itinerary, I started a side-hustle building Japanese powder roadtrips for people. Specialize in van/RV tours, but plan roadtrips as well so you can enjoy a hotel or traditional ryokan versus an RV bed. Check it out and tell your friends
    http://www.vandurajapan.com