It burns when I pee

Seriously though, I think my taint has been compromised. I demoed a SB150 yesterday and the SB130 today, both come with that WTB Volt saddle. Both days involved some of our more physical and technical climbs and I really wanted to test the steep seat tube angles of the Yeti on the more crux moves so yeah, I pushed it. After my second lap up yesterday I stopped to pee and thats where I first noticed the severe burning. I thought it would go away but it still burned into this morning and now. So when I took out the 130 today I had the forethought to angle the saddle down a bit but still noticed pressure coming from the nose of the saddle. I actually mentioned it to my shop and they said they have customers requesting to angle the Volts UP more...WTF???

My go to saddle on my Hightower is the SQLabs 611 which has a firm but wide and flat nose which is actually really comfortable when you're climbing with that thing up your asshole. I will say this steep seat angle hype is deserved, climbing these Yetis has been an eyeopener (mind you coming from my ultra slacked out XL Hightower).
    Last edited by robnow; 06-06-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Can you get sick drinkin piss?

I've mentioned hitting the dropper more often when riding the steeper-angled bikes. Dropping the seat like 10mm a lot for techie pedaling--or pedally tech? No need to test that angle so much over roughest spots, is there? Being already over the cranks should make it easier to be up and down, so there's lots of options.

+1 on the SQLabs--maybe they have your expectations up a little high? I used to be impressed by most WTB's, but only in comparison to those hideous beams from F:i,z'i"'"k. File those next to Ellsworth, Horst Links and BioPace.

It burns when I pee too. But I like my WTB Volts. Next time I’ll wrap it up.

Not a huge fan of the volt that my bike came with, so swapped it out for my old wtb rocket and my undercarriage has been happy since.

Might have just had the saddle a touch too high. I was having moderate discomfort issues for awhile, tried a bunch of different saddles, they all felt the same. With the seat at the right height, you more sit on it than straddle it, which distributes the pressure more evenly and over a wider area Too high and you're basically entirely on the taint. I'm not really talking about a huge amount in my case, I only went down like 5mm tops and am more comfortable and the saddle is pretty much flat. I used to have a little bit of down angle on it when it was too high.

Also my mtb saddle is a little more forward and just slightly angled down and feels a little off on flat ground. But is perfect when I'm actually riding up hill
    Last edited by jamal; 06-05-2019 at 11:33 PM.

I have a hard time believing a bike is going to cause your problem but i would believe the setup/saddle

A WTB saddle with the nose tilted up by about an inch works perfectly for me

but somebody just posted they like a saddle tilted down so obviuosly its a YMMV thing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cranberry juice and hydrate. It's not a gear problem.

Clean chammy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You've got a bladder infection. Drink some cranberry juice and lots of water.

Oh wait that's a bad mountainbiker answer: I meant to say spend more money and upgrade something.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Character building.

Definitely the bikes. Probably that contaminated Chinese carbon. Maybe try some STD free carbon from GG.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Frank wrote a song about it.
    watch out for snakes

Have you checked your ABDS for blockage and insertion depth? Also, when you insert the tube in the urethra, it helps to use a high quality, organic lubricant. Assuming, of course, that your bike is equipped with an auto bladder drainage system.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    My go to saddle on my Hightower is the SQLabs 611 which has a firm but wide and flat nose which is actually really comfortable when you're climbing with that thing up your asshole.
    I'm kinda due for a new saddle and that looks really interesting, thanks.

I will say this steep seat angle hype is deserved, climbing these Yetis has been an eyeopener (mind you coming from my ultra slacked out XL Hightower).
    Yeah, I bought a GG Shred Dogg recently and I'm completely sold on steep STAs.

Gonno-ca-ca-cacus?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    +1 on the SQLabs--maybe they have your expectations up a little high? I used to be impressed by most WTB's, but only in comparison to those hideous beams from F:i,z'i"'"k. File those next to Ellsworth, Horst Links and BioPace.
    The Horst Link is alive and well - just under different names: FSR, Giddy Up, ART...

I agree that wtb saddles ain't what they used to be.

Well to be fair the only thing on that list that has been buried as deep as it deserves is BioPace, but I have faith.

We have a pair of the Volts on fat bikes and if they saw real saddle time I'm sure we'd replace them--or swap seats in the winter. I do think the Volt is an exception among WTB's but even the better ones are no SQLabs.

Good news, burning pee only lasted a couple days. It was definitely due to a crushed taint from the saddle and after reading through a few Tri forums, this seems to be a more common experience than expected. I was riding the Megatower yesterday with the WTB Silverado which suited me better than the Volt, but still not a fan at all of the WTBs.

Beware if you try the Volt, because of its softer padding on the nose it feels comfortable enough to start with, however with time it can put pressure on your sensitive bits.

Good news, burning pee only lasted a couple days. It was definitely due to a crushed taint from the saddle and after reading through a few Tri forums, .
    um is that tri and in triathlon?
    never knew there was such a forum

so do they talk about how the pee themselves while racing and what's the best method for getting the dried up pee smell off you once the race is over
    if you were a dude and a chick you were banging pee'd herself while racing how many days after the race do you wait to go down on her?

I better sign up for the tri forum I have alot of quesitons

The problem was that the Tribe gave you herpes. It's a common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The problem was that the Tribe gave you herpes. It's a common thing.
    I missed the part where he was riding a yeti