Binding mount hole question

Does anyone know if the hole pattern for a ski drilled for an sth2 mount at 330 bsl would preclude mounting attacks for a 335 bsl? May have a deal on a once drilled pair, but would much rather run attacks. Never had sth2s, see some reviews love them others talk about pre release at the upper range of the 14. and higher And attacks seem bulletproof

Or should I just buck up and use sth2s in the same holes, should work for my bsl?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ThreeRidges; 06-05-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Ski the sth2’s. They’re a good binding. Zero issues with the few I have. Run dins of 11 toe and 14 heel.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post

Or should I just buck up and use sth2s in the same holes, should work for my bsl?
    Should definitely be enough adjustment in the heel to go up to 335 bsl, unless they were mounted way off the midpoint.

If you are dead set on the attacks, I would just print out the two mounting templates for each BSL and see how the holes line up

Love the STH's. Have them on multiple pair of skis in the family without ever having an issue. I like the adjustable toe wings and downward pressure on the ATF plate. Also very easy to set the forward pressure by turning a screw on the heel instead of having to lift a tab and get it to click into a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Should definitely be enough adjustment in the heel to go up to 335 bsl, unless they were mounted way off the midpoint.

If you are dead set on the attacks, I would just print out the two mounting templates for each BSL and see how the holes line up
    This. You can print the sth2, put the paper back in printer correctly and print the Attack on the same paper. Fool proof way to determine spacing between holes.

Also, if the toes line up fine, but not the heels, if you can shift the heel less than 1cm to fit, you can typically adjust the heel for your boot.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ski the sth2’s. They’re a good binding. Zero issues with the few I have. Run dins of 11 toe and 14 heel.
    Whao. Isn’t there some unwritten rule that dins MUST match??!!
    Uno mas

This is an easy remount. The rear toe hole locations clash but both bindings have those holes at 40mm centres so you just mount the Attacks back a few mm and you can then share the rear STH2 holes. Simples.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STH2 & Attack Mount.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	284849

There's a lot of love around here for the STH 2s.

One stupid thing (mentioned earlier - and admittedly a minor nit) I wish Tyrolia would change is that tab for adjusting forward pressure. It's hit and miss, and prying the tab up with a flat bladed screwdriver feels like an engineering kludge to me. It doesn't inspire confidence when compared with the Solly screw.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 06-06-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music