Tahoe Bike Shop Recommendation

Heading out to Tahoe (first time). with my extended family end of June. Looking to ride the Flume trail. Family is athletic but novice MTB’ers. Do to proximity to the end of the trail, I was going to rent through Flume Bike. However, if anyone has any better rec’s or hook ups that would be great to hear. Looking for (2) XL full susp. and (2) M front susp. We are staying in State Line FWIW.

Food/ Ice cream , day hiking recommendations welcome as well.

Thanks

S
    "Not all who wander are lost"

That's probably the easiest place to rent although the trail may not be clear by end of June.

I am headed out at the same time and I am packing skis. The emigrant trail outside of truckee should be clear, I think. I usually rent from Olympic in Truckee b/c we stay near squaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Tahoe Bike Shop Recommendation

Do you mean Olympic in Tahoe?

OP, if you chk the Flume shops fb page the post status of that trail frequently. The one this week doesn't look very promising for you

I dont know a ton about the shops in tahoe but i do know Sierra ski and cycle works is the shit.. and close by.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Do you mean Olympic in Tahoe?

OP, if you chk the Flume shops fb page the post status of that trail frequently. The one this week doesn't look very promising for you
    I meant tahoe sports hub. Rented once at Olympic in Tahoe but was thinking of sports hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Thanks for the heads up re snow line. I’ll wait to reserve bikes till I know it is going to be clear. Crazy to think that it might not be clear by then

The flume trail will be ride-able by end of June. They start running shuttles on the 15th. Tahoe rim and other trails in the state park probably be 80% clear but could involve some longish carry/push through snow sections on northern exposures. You can rent bikes at Village ski loft too. There are some new shuttle tours for downhills off Kingsbury grade that end at a bar in the valley. google search and you can probably find those operators out of south lake. Those may be rideable by end of June.

check the flume trail bike facebook page for bi weekly updates. you can also scope snow line conditions by the various ski resort cams.

good to know. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    The flume trail will be ride-able by end of June. They start running shuttles on the 15th. Tahoe rim and other trails in the state park probably be 80% clear but could involve some longish carry/push through snow sections on northern exposures. You can rent bikes at Village ski loft too. There are some new shuttle tours for downhills off Kingsbury grade that end at a bar in the valley. google search and you can probably find those operators out of south lake. Those may be rideable by end of June.

check the flume trail bike facebook page for bi weekly updates. you can also scope snow line conditions by the various ski resort cams.

Today's report from flume bikes:

6/8/19 Flume Trail update
    Rode from Spooner to Incline today. Still a fair bit of hiking over the remaining winter snowpack in the Marlette basin to get to the flume. Snow free to Marlette Saddle from Spooner Lake and the actual flume is snow free. The top of Tunnel Creek road has maybe half a dozen drifts. Should be a week and a half until it is mostly rideable.
    Photos: Marlette Saddle (8153’), Mile marker 4, road around Marlette Lake (7800’), Marlette Ice, Beautiful day on the Flume!

Name:  IMG_6668.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  199.0 KB