Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 133
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I bet voodoo is involved.
    probably. i haven't had a good one yet and gave up years ago and laugh when i see a line around the block. always dry. fritters suck.

    Name:  voodoo-doughnut-cereal.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  145.9 KB

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,382
    My guess is anthrax... Someone is assassinating 'Murikans.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    781
    I have got fresh ones in there at like 3 AM with no line. Itís fried food so itís good right when they make em.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    probably. i haven't had a good one yet and gave up years ago and laugh when i see a line around the block. always dry. fritters suck.

    Name:  voodoo-doughnut-cereal.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  145.9 KB

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    i'm not big on donuts. more on fritters. the best fritters i get regularly only happen during ski season on the way to mt. hood with a stop by joe's donuts. they make killer fritters for less than half the price.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,743
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    They even shoot their favorite son in the DR.
    appears to be a hit job on the slugger
    .

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,139
    I like DR. This nonsense kinda bums me out. Sounds like one of the people consulted a dr. stateside who noted it's likely related to pesticides or something but their investigation was stonewalled in DR. Seems more likely than Chinese or Russian hitmen targeting Merukins.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,706
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    How many people die on cruise ships every year?
    Apples to oranges - yes there are a surprising number of unnatural deaths but they are easily explainable. They fall overboard or from higher decks onto lower decks. If I was guessing, and I am, this happens because of the sway of the vessel (people being stupid and sitting on rails), people are drunk and yes, some are suicidal. Other deaths are attributed to onshore incidents like bus and plane crashes.

    In these instances we have people exhibiting symptoms (often it appears quite suddenly) of some sort of agent acting upon their system either through ingestion or inhalation and to me it's a bit alarming esp. given the lack of reporting on the cause of these deaths.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I like DR. This nonsense kinda bums me out. Sounds like one of the people consulted a dr. stateside who noted it's likely related to pesticides or something but their investigation was stonewalled in DR. Seems more likely than Chinese or Russian hitmen targeting Merukins.

    Yes. Like that Delaware family in 2015.

    Man indicted in pesticide poisoning of Delaware family on vacation in St. John
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the Can-Utardia / LMCC VT
    Posts
    11,127
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    appears to be a hit job on the slugger
    Weird. 8k for a hit job, which, coincidentally, Is the same amount my deadbeat renter/squatter owes me in back rent. I'm not insinuating anything, I'm just sayin....

    Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,706
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Weird. 8k for a hit job, which, coincidentally, Is the same amount my deadbeat renter/squatter owes me in back rent. I'm not insinuating anything, I'm just sayin....
    Yeah, not much money to risk going to jail or worse for but given where it took place I suppose that's quite a bit for the person who agreed to it.

    8K in back rent? You have been more than generous.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Before I die I really, really want to see peeps like Terminix execs disemboweled (at least financially). It's just so incredibly f'd up that those things are on the market. Drives me nuts. I'd bet 37 satoshis that's the same mode of toxicity hitting err'one in DR.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,706

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,139
    from the link in the article, US Gov figures on citizen deaths in D.R. by cause & year

    Name:  d_r.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  69.2 KB

    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tatistics.html

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    from the link in the article, US Gov figures on citizen deaths in D.R. by cause & year

    Name:  d_r.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  69.2 KB

    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tatistics.html
    So... no big deal? Fake news?

    I dunno... I'm not freaking out over this but I am passingly interested in why. Note that the above list doesn't not have a category for "medical emergency" or "natural causes."

    <shrug>

    One of life's (or rather death's) little mysteries I guess.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So... no big deal? Fake news?

    I dunno... I'm not freaking out over this but I am passingly interested in why. Note that the above list doesn't not have a category for "medical emergency" or "natural causes."

    <shrug>

    One of life's (or rather death's) little mysteries I guess.
    Not trying to minimize the thread or narrative, just posting data available. It seems like this cluster of 10-15 strange illness or random heart attack deaths is abnormal. May coincide with deploying new (stronger?) pesticides or something along those lines. I was surprised by how many Americans die in DR every year though.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Not trying to minimize the thread or narrative, just posting data available. It seems like this cluster of 10-15 strange illness or random heart attack deaths is abnormal. May coincide with deploying new (stronger?) pesticides or something along those lines. I was surprised by how many Americans die in DR every year though.
    Yeah.... stats and recent deaths could indicate it's within the norm and/or be skewed by many many factors. Could be totally normal esp. if Americans comprise the majority of tourists to DR. I've not heard any reports of people from other nations dying but again maybe that doesn't play into the narrative someone is trying to paint. Just going to have to wait and see but I have to say, on its face, it seems odd.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,392
    They’re killin’ off parrotheads now......


    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...el/1475608001/

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the mouth of a desert
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    They’re killin’ off parrotheads now......


    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...el/1475608001/
    Mercy killing.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    860
    Those people got the shits... don't drink the water, stick to the rum.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    from the link in the article, US Gov figures on citizen deaths in D.R. by cause & year

    Name:  d_r.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  69.2 KB

    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tatistics.html
    I'm glad I'm not going in 2009.

    Supposed to go to Punta Cana in February 2020, it's a reunion thing for my wife, she's in charge of course (she's always in charge) and people are flipping out and bailing already. To me, next winter will probably be the safest time ever to visit the DR.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    781
    ...and only if it is straight from the source. Get bottles straight off the distillery and never let them out of your possession. Spend your entire trip babysitting the bottle. Sleep in shifts or not at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Those people got the shits... don't drink the water, stick to the rum.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,482
    How many Americans die in similar vacation spots each year?

    Friend of mina's husband had a heart attack and died on vacation in Hawaii.

    I guess it's not uncommon?

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,938
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    How many people die on cruise ships every year?
    Not enough of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,392
    mina’s husband must have been devastated....

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    mina’s husband must have been devastated....
    Mina? Never heard of him.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    It is apparently a huge and growing problem. Not just illegal booze with wood alcohol to save money. Lots of cases of intentional poisoning too. Even bar employees are in on it sometimes.
    A coworker used to tend bar at a place in the Hamptons and said somebody always had the job of refiling the top shelf liquor bottles with lesser booze. Said it was not uncommon in the biz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •