Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 222
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,100
    I don't suppose low carb or cheese taco made the list?

    Those are my taco "shells" these days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not being racist or anything
    always know what comes after this type of disclaimer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    always know what comes after this type of disclaimer.
    well its not racist. The folks i believe would/should make a better tortilla come from the place where they are made a LOT. Much l ike I won't patronize a chinese restaurant that has a staff of mostly hispanic workers. I want the food to come from the people of the region it represents.

    Besides ive heard vermonters claim the food near them was great. I go eat it based on that recco, and it is usually nearly inedible. I guess its the "best" food compared to all the other crap. When you dont really know what "good" is, you have no level set.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not being racist or anything just doubt that anyone not of mexican descent can make a great tortilla no matter what/where the ingredients.
    New Mexicans are not Mexicans (they consider themselves Spanish) and along with a ton of Central Americans they all say “estás equivocado, gringo racista”
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    New Mexicans are not Mexicans (they consider themselves Spanish) and along with a ton of Central Americans they all say “estás equivocado, gringo racista”
    so wait you're telling me they dont want to be called mexicans? They come from Mexico. I get they speak spanish, but ill bet Spaniards would take offense to that claim. They can say whatever they want to "generalize" where they are from, but if you were born in Mexico you're mexican, born in Guatemala, you're a Guatemalan. so on down the chain. I work with spanish, Ecuadorian, Mexican, cuban, puerto rican, etc..none of them generalize themselves as "spanish". In fact ive never heard that once. Sounds like some liberal bullshit to me actually.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    sorry but the images of the workers are far too white. Not being racist or anything just doubt that anyone not of mexican descent can make a great tortilla no matter what/where the ingredients.
    So you are both racist and an idiot. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    well its not racist. The folks i believe would/should make a better tortilla come from the place where they are made a LOT. Much l ike I won't patronize a chinese restaurant that has a staff of mostly hispanic workers. I want the food to come from the people of the region it represents.

    Besides ive heard vermonters claim the food near them was great. I go eat it based on that recco, and it is usually nearly inedible. I guess its the "best" food compared to all the other crap. When you dont really know what "good" is, you have no level set.
    I remember back in the day this Greek restaurant in Long Beach was run by a bunch of FOB Vietnamese. And they did a pretty good job..

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I remember back in the day this Greek restaurant in Long Beach was run by a bunch of FOB Vietnamese. And they did a pretty good job..
    no doubt there is exceptions to EVERY damn rule.

    to the naysayers, tell me how many non mexican native run mexican eateries you've been to? Then rank them against the native run locations. My guess is the picture will become VERY clear as to which is superior. Im not saying every mexican native run restaurant is going to be great, but my bet is that the majority of great mexican eateries are run by, guess what? ACTUAL MEXICANS.

    Sure I can make a tortilla too, but I would never claim it to be as good as someone who basically grew up making/eating them daily.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    So you are both racist and an idiot. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.
    ok douchenozzle im sure their tortillas are the best in the world. Cause you know they are surely the only ones than know the method that was, you know, created in mexico.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,511
    I went to a highly recommended taco joint in Nelson BC this past March, like seriously, 5 different people recommended this place. It was edible, but I should have stuck to my intuition that Nelson BC probably wouldn't have great tacos. Mi esposa es chicana y yo vivo en la tierra de los Latinos.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,456
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Whomever is dissing flour tortillas has not had a piping hot fresh one. They have their time and place.
    Credit where credit is due, Cafe Rio's flour tortillas are pretty damn good. Or, at least they used to be, I haven't eaten one in years. I also certainly never made a taco with one. The rest of their food is bland watered-down slop created to broadly appeal to the Frito pie and jello salad crowd (which as a business decision is brilliant and has my utmost respect), but the flour tortillas are legit.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    so wait you're telling me they dont want to be called mexicans? They come from Mexico.
    New Mexicans are all from Mexico? Damn, who knew? My wife's grandfather was born and raised in New Mexico and his parents were directly from Spain. Apparently he was greatly offended when people called him Mexican.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    New Mexicans are all from Mexico? Damn, who knew? My wife's grandfather was born and raised in New Mexico and his parents were directly from Spain. Apparently he was greatly offended when people called him Mexican.
    and i would also assume the reverse for most. Youre supposed to have pride in the place you come from. Not hide it.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I went to a highly recommended taco joint in Nelson BC this past March, like seriously, 5 different people recommended this place. It was edible, but I should have stuck to my intuition that Nelson BC probably wouldn't have great tacos. Mi esposa es chicana y yo vivo en la tierra de los Latinos.
    Is the word "hispanic" politically correct? In any event I have always loved women of "spanish" backgrounds.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and i would also assume the reverse for most. Youre supposed to have pride in the place you come from. Not hide it.
    I've never met a Mexican that hid it, and I don't see where that was mentioned in this thread, but maybe I'm misreading?

    Anyway back to the tacos; I recommend the taco cart at the corner of 26th and Washington, by the Bank of Utah building in O-town.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Is the word "hispanic" politically correct? In any event I have always loved women of "spanish" backgrounds.
    Hispanic means that they come from a Spanish speaking country generally, so Costa Rica, Spain, etc. Latino is anywhere Latin America, so Brazil even though they speak Portuguese. So I guess Hispanic is politically correct, but it's so broad it doesn't really describe much.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Hispanic means that they come from a Spanish speaking country generally, so Costa Rica, Spain, etc. Latino is anywhere Latin America, so Brazil even though they speak Portuguese. So I guess Hispanic is politically correct, but it's so broad it doesn't really describe much.
    Ok how's this? Spanish speaking women's are the hottness.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,125
    That’s racist.....

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    24,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and i would also assume the reverse for most. Youre supposed to have pride in the place you come from. Not hide it.
    Unless you are from the USA and traveling in *most* of the world.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    so wait you're telling me they dont want to be called mexicans? They come from Mexico. I get they speak spanish, but ill bet Spaniards would take offense to that claim. They can say whatever they want to "generalize" where they are from, but if you were born in Mexico you're mexican, born in Guatemala, you're a Guatemalan. so on down the chain. I work with spanish, Ecuadorian, Mexican, cuban, puerto rican, etc..none of them generalize themselves as "spanish". In fact ive never heard that once. Sounds like some liberal bullshit to me actually.
    Don’t be such a fucking moran, what you think isn’t reality. No, Hispanic New Mexicans don’t want to be called Mexicans. They came from Spain originally, and New Mexico was only part of the Mexican nation for 27 years. From 1598 to 1821 they were Spanish, and after 1848 they were part of the US. So, ain’t too many of them “born in Mexico.”

    I strongly recommend you come to New Mexico, find some local Hispanics and call them Mexican, and see how that goes for you. They’re not so liberal. Don’t forget to let me know so that I can be there. Oh, and give the non-Mexican tortillas a try after you pick your sorry ass up off the ground, gringo racista.

    Edit: what zzz said.

    More edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and i would also assume the reverse for most. Youre supposed to have pride in the place you come from. Not hide it.
    Seriously, take my advice about not being a moran, if it’s at all possible.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Unless you are from the USA and traveling in *most* of the world.
    I'm still proud to be an American bumps in the road notwithstanding

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  22. #97
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Don’t be such a fucking moran, what you think isn’t reality. No, Hispanic New Mexicans don’t want to be called Mexicans. They came from Spain originally, and New Mexico was only part of the Mexican nation for 27 years. From 1598 to 1821 they were Spanish, and after 1848 they were part of the US. So, ain’t too many of them “born in Mexico.”

    I strongly recommend you come to New Mexico, find some local Hispanics and call them Mexican, and see how that goes for you. They’re not so liberal. Don’t forget to let me know so that I can be there. Oh, and give the non-Mexican tortillas a try after you pick your sorry ass up off the ground.
    I confused your "new Mexicans" as meaning the new generation. I was unaware of the New Mexico (state) Spanish heritage. When was I ever talking about New Mexico or calling all Spanish speakers Mexicans? I never said anything remotely close to that. I'm well aware of the offense someone Spanish speaking not from Mexico being called Mexican would take. My statement was how I believe the vast majority of good Mexican food comes from, guess who? Mexicans.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,678
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    ok douchenozzle im sure their tortillas are the best in the world. Cause you know they are surely the only ones than know the method that was, you know, created in mexico.
    It's a craft, anyone dedicated can learn it. For all you know the founder of All Souls did a multi-year apprenticeship in Mexico somewhere, but there are white people on the website so you'll pass? GTFO. How many Mexican restaurants have you eaten in that made corn tortillas from scratch? Go grab 100 random Mexicans off the street in Mexico City and I'll bet Rick Bayless can make a better tortilla than all of them, and he's from Okla-fucking-homa. Bo Songvisava learned how to cook Thai food from an Australian in London.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    17,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and i would also assume the reverse for most. Youre supposed to have pride in the place you come from. Not hide it.
    Is that why its a long established practice for young savy probably liberal Americans to sew Canadian flags on their packs/ gear for travel in furin places?

    which doesnt fool anyone cuz its well known the MEC patch is the real sign of a canadian ?

    We actualy have a mexican restaurant in town but its not run by mexicans, you just don't see many up here

    I think if a taco/enchilada/burrito/baleada has fish in it or beans or meat its cuz thats whats available,

    its like there is no proper ingredients for a frittata other than putting in anything you got in the fridge that you wana use up before its rotten
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •