Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bike TR - 2019 Arizona Trail Race 750

Awesome read!

I’m heading south bound in a few weeks. I have two weeks I can spend on the trail, so I think I’m going to just go from the north terminus down to Phoenix. I can’t do the same mileage in a day as you I doubt!

Shelter question...I’m not used to desert travel so wondering about spider/scorpions/snakes. I am planning on cowboy camping most of the time with a tarp for wind and rain protection when needed. Is this appropriate or do I need something I can fully zip up such as bivi bag or full tent?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ive been wanting to do this route. Living on the east coast makes it hard logistically but reading this stokes the fire again. Thanks for writing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hylandpyper View Post
    Ive been wanting to do this route. Living on the east coast makes it hard logistically but reading this stokes the fire again. Thanks for writing it up.
    Do it! Although they made the route harder starting this year - about 20mi and +8k elevation gain rather than a bunch of easy dirt road and pavement. But who's counting?

@rob stokes, sorry didn't see your post previously - did you do the ride? Or did you perish from scorpion stings or frostbite due to inadequate shelter along the way? From Phx south is arguably the best part of the route. But you can always go back and do the AZT 300.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Do it! Although they made the route harder starting this year - about 20mi and +8k elevation gain rather than a bunch of easy dirt road and pavement. But who's counting?

@rob stokes, sorry didn't see your post previously - did you do the ride? Or did you perish from scorpion stings or frostbite due to inadequate shelter along the way? From Phx south is arguably the best part of the route. But you can always go back and do the AZT 300.
    Hey, I survived! I had to cut my time down a bit but had a real good time riding from the northern start to flagstaff. Hoping to head down again next fall and finish the route off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums