Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    They have dungeness crab in curry sauce there?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is there a circumcision protest happening?

I'll be there June 20-ish. Will I be able to get Dungeness crab in curry sauce somewhere?
    way to dig deep, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    go to farmers market and visit the craft booths
    still hoping to swing by and see the flowing alpy clan!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    way to dig deep, bro!
    If plans change and you're there a month earlier, I'll buy you a crab in curry sauce.

you’re welcome to stop by too
    Thanks Bob, but it's a short trip, in and out over 2 days, so no dive into WA this time.

why wouldn’t you?
    i wouldn't wouldn't! just trying to figure when! either on the way to san juan islands or on the way back! unless you're at timberline.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Take high tea at Empress Hotel
    I haven't actually done this, but methinks it's a waste of time and money, especially with teenagers in tow.

Harbour Air floatplane tour would be fun in either Vic or Van.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    Maritime Museum in Victoria is worth a stop.
    In nice area too. Also there is a great museum over at UBC museum of anthropology https://moa.ubc.ca/
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I used to work there a lot and eat at Izakaya places. Took my teen to a few... Still a thing? https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/best-izakaya-vancouver
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I was in Vancouver last year for a work trip. A couple of highlights were Stanley Park if the weather is decent (old growth forests! in a city park!). We had great sushi at Miku, and a great dinner overall at the Royal Dinette. Great oysters at the Fanny Bay Oyster Bar (and generally, you're close to the land of great oysters).

Back in the day, one of the highlights of trips to Van for me and crew of small town hicks were visits to the Planetarium to enjoy the laser light show. Went specifically for the Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon offering and it was an amazing music/laser light/digital effects immersive experience. Regular scheduled showings at the HR McMillan Space Center ended a few years back but looks like the BCIT Planetarium still presents events on occasion...can't comment on the quality of that experience but comments indicate that it seems up to snuff. Might get lucky if dates line up.

http://roundhouseproductionsshows.com/

https://boredinvancouver.com/listing...er-laser-show/
    Master of mediocrity.

In Victoria I'd do a half-day kayak tour then have lunch at Spinnaker's brewpub.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It was a little different than back in my time when there was one AZN kid in my class, and one east indian fam in the whole school!
    I was the one AZN kid in my class. I don’t think I had any friends that weren’t white until grade 11.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I haven't actually done this, but methinks it's a waste of time and money, especially with teenagers in tow.

Harbour Air floatplane tour would be fun in either Vic or Van.
    VIctoria is mostly awful. Seems to exist solely by selling shonky British themed souvenirs to passengers of cruise ships who flush their brown water tanks into the Salish Sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

In the basement of the Empress Hotel in Victoria is a large miniature logging town/railroad layout. My son was transfixed by it at age 5.

https://miniatureworld.com/

I always liked Victoria for it's vibe, cheap, good restaurants and acres of public water access.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In the basement of the Empress Hotel in Victoria is a large miniature logging town/railroad layout. My son was transfixed by it at age 5.

https://miniatureworld.com/

I always liked Victoria for it's vibe, cheap, good restaurants and acres of public water access.
    the boy will love this! thanks for mentioning it!

I have to say that of all the pleasant times I've ever had, sitting on the deck of the ferry from Annacortes to Sydney on a sunny August afternoon with a Big Gulp sized Redhook ESB ranks right up there. My only worry in the world was whether or not I was going to be sober enough to get through customs on my motorcycle.

the Asian food in Vancouver is to die for.

well exactly, mom ate it gave it the mom seal of approval and died pretty quick after that but she was 90 eh,

she was a fairly nasty old woman but her Malay/Singapore/ Indian/ Thai food was simply fucking amazing

as you would expect from any Nonya Baba
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

In Vancouver, the Capilano suspension bridge and the Grouse Mt sky ride are worth doing. There also used to be a hydrofoil ferry that was fun, but couldn’t find mention of that, so maybe that shut down. There’s also a huge ice skating and curling complex in Burnaby. I imagine that’s still there.

If your in Victoria and like tats? Some of the best around...

http://governmentstreettattoo.com/
    http://www.luckyfortunetattoo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    the Asian food in Vancouver is to die for.
    Actually, there is so much great food in Vancouver and Victoria it is crazy. We go up every summer to see family. Mostly we walk about and take in the sights, shop and eat. I love both towns and could easily live in either. When in Vancouver, we always stay at the Wedgewood Hotel, as there is so much around it to see and do and hanging out in the bar, drinking and talking is a great way to pass time, as the world walks by you.
    In Victoria we always stay at the Magnolia, beautiful suites and again, in the center of everything we want to walk to. With kids in tow I would have done it different than you and gone up to Uculet and Tofino. Incredible natural beauty, beaches, kayaking, camping, bike riding, etc that would have been a winner for most kids. You could go up there from Victoria. We stayed in these awesome tree-houses in Uculet. Spendy, but so cool. Have a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Victoria food is garbage in the tourist area. Butchart gardens sucks and high tea is terrible.

Stanley Park is cool and Vancouver has great food, sushi, etc. and their Tylenol is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    In Vancouver, the Capilano suspension bridge and the Grouse Mt sky ride are worth doing.
    Some people would say the Capilano suspension bridge is an overpriced tourist trap and that you should go to (free) Lynn Canyon instead. I haven't ever actually been to Capilano, so can't tell you if they are right or wrong, but Lynn Canyon is nice!

Also I'm not sure if this is "Vancouver and Victoria Must Do's" thread or the "this is what Vancouver was like when XXX-er grew up there" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    When in Vancouver, we always stay at the Wedgewood Hotel,.
    Great hotel, do they still have the Bacchus Restaurant?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<