Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    the whole idea is less killing, not those that need to be killed according to bobby

less guns equals less death. i am not thrilled with the idea of everybody having a gun so your fears can be indulged by a society killing itself

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Uhh thats the OPs first post in the thread and it kind of is the topic. LOL.
    The, and I'm being generous here, unwell OP's subtext is something of the form of gun-control is bad - look at the UK knife problem - hence "WHEN KNIVES ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE KNIVES".

Where he is summary being taken to task because the obvious difference is the effectiveness of killing power between knives and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the whole idea is less killing, not those that need to be killed according to bobby

less guns equals less death. i am not thrilled with the idea of everybody having a gun so your fears can be indulged by a society killing itself
    Everybody doesn't have a gun... Even though there are enough of them in the US, actual ownership is dropping along with gun violence.

I don't consider a .01% chance of getting shot a "society killing itself"... Gaining 33 million people year on Earth might be a species killing a planet though.

Fortunately its a small enough issue to where our elected officials do not care enough to "fix" our "gun crisis".
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    The, and I'm being generous here, unwell OP's subtext is something of the form of gun-control is bad - look at the UK knife problem - hence "WHEN KNIVES ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE KNIVES".

Where he is summary being taken to task because the obvious difference is the effectiveness of killing power between knives and guns.
    Wrong again....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    What is disturbing is that a lot of this is "random" attacks for fun and games.. (Again, nothing to do with the USA, firearms, politics or Trump - sorry to disappoint )
    4th post is Dex comparing their stabbing problem to our shooting problem and insinuating ours was worse.

The UK is in fact stabbing more people with a 5th of our population...compared to the amount of people SHOT each year in the US.

Most of our gun violence "victims" are involved in criminal shit and probably better off.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Dumb and dumber. Who needs a knife when you can get a gun for free?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...up/2871666002/
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Dumb and dumber. Who needs a knife when you can get a gun for free?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...up/2871666002/
    Oh fuck yeah bub. You best stay up there in White Supremacist land... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...west-comeback/

You'll get shot fucking around in Cashville. Also we have people of color here... So... We all know how the PNW feels about that.

Wrong again....
    LOL - yeah sure buddy. DaveTV (who is borderline) is being very clever and no one sees his proxy argument attempt. No one. I mean he even said it wasn't that and the guy is known for being genuine and discussions in good faith.

Regardless... I am not talking about deaths and rather the incidents. Since those matter as well. Get stabbed and not die and tell me it didnt matter.

What they need to do is outlaw knives in the UK....

Wait... They did that. That shoulda done it right?

Oh fuck yeah bub. You best stay up there in White Supremacist land... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...west-comeback/

You'll get shot fucking around in Cashville. Also we have people of color here... So... We all know how the PNW feels about that.
    I'm a "Fuck You" New Yorker in my dna. Like how all you Crackers are racists. So, Fuck You.

LOL - yeah sure buddy. DaveTV (who is borderline) is being very clever and no one sees his proxy argument attempt.
    You are phucked up..

Anyways it appears y'all wanna discuss gun control, so here ya go - it ain't Gordon Ramsey wannabes causing the knife violence in the UK anymore than it is hunters causing gun violence in the USA - same element and their ilk in both cases.

First Gun Control, Now Knife Control Demand Surfaces In America

https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-w...ing-to-america

ST. LOUIS — There has yet to be a major call for knife control in the United States, it's mainly been an idea legal gun owners have used to accompany the argument that a weapon is not itself responsible for violent crime. However in London, where strict gun control laws are well known, violence by another means has grown has started to grow: stabbings.
    London's mayor is reacting to the surge with recently announced "knife control" policies. Now, nearly one year after a college student was stabbed to death during a knife attack on the campus of the University of Texas in Austin in Texas, a push for knife control has been started by his mother.
    The murder rate in London surpassed New York City in February for the first time in the modern era (The Times of London, April 2018). The city's notorious restrictive gun control laws (handguns are banned and most police officers do not carry guns) received publicity during terror attacks in which the perpetrators stabbed their defenseless victims, which included unarmed police officers in some cases.
    While shootings have declined greatly in London since 2003, murders have noticeably increased in the last 4 years. The Times of London reports that the murder rate has gone up nearly 40% since 2014. Meanwhile, New York City's murder rate has dropped nearly 90% since 1990.

While New York City has more restrictive gun control laws than most U.S. cities, most citizens are able to own a gun with a license. As the BBC reports, it is much tougher to own a gun in London, and by design. (BBC, Nov. 2010)
    Deadly stabbings in London have caused the U.K. capital's murder rate to surge past New York for the first time since the early 1800's. London reported 30 murders by stabbing for the year by April 1, with more murders happening there than in NYC in both February and March.
    Police in the U.K. are currently blaming social media for the surge in violence (Evening Standard, April 2018), but the Mayor of London used social media just two weeks ago to proclaim that no one in London will be allowed to carry knives, and announced a comprehensive series of knife control programs.

While London goes full speed ahead with knife control, the push for knife control in the U.S. has started with one case in Texas.
    The mother of a UT-Austin student who was stabbed to death last May is pushing Texas Governor Greg Abbott to lead the charge against knives. She's calling for stopping state laws that could ease restrictions on where people can carry knives like the one used in the UT-Austin attack.
    The mother says that she met with policy-makers with Governor Brown and told an Austin television news reporter that, “I have nothing to lose. I will not take ‘no’ for an answer."
    Back in London, the push for knife control has been underway for a few years. A top doctor in the United Kingdom has called for the ban of all pointed kitchen knives, citing the statistic that kitchen knives were used in about 85% percent of stabbing deaths by August of last year.
    Dr John Crichton, the new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland, says that switching to kitchen knives with rounded points could save lives. As of four years ago lawmakers in the United Kingdom did not give Crichton's proposal much support, but in light of recent events, anything is possible.

I'm a "Fuck You" New Yorker in my dna. Like how all you Crackers are racists. So, Fuck You.
    You aren't very smart Wooley....

The article doesn't say it's making a comeback in the South. Its making a comeback in the PNW....

Can't bring that shit down South. Someone will fuck you up. We actually have a black population here.

You aren't very smart Wooley....

The article doesn't say it's making a comeback in the South. Its making a comeback in the PNW....

Can't bring that shit down South. Someone will fuck you up. We actually have a black population here.
    You have a black friend?

Well, whatever is in that foggy cracker head of yours is what is. . Neph drove in a 7 hour endurance race at the Glen over the weekend while you were at the shop painting the tires with Black Magic.

OMG! Sooooo jealous!!!!

same element and their ilk in both cases.
    I'd benefit from some detail in what you mean by "same element and their ilk". Be specific.

OMG! Sooooo jealous!!!!

I think I recognize that woman's ass from the picture that you posted of your wife's ass.

FMO racing? This your ride while the big boys play?

Name:  fmo racing.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  79.9 KB

I think I recognize that woman's ass from the picture that you posted of your wife's ass.

FMO racing? This your ride while the big boys play?

Name:  fmo racing.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  79.9 KB
    Cart racing is no joke. You continue to fail. The pro driver of that LMP3 car is also a cart racer and coach.

Steep rise in reporting. Spics got the same bad press in NY in the 50's.
    STFU and GTFOH

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    STFU and GTFOH
    I'm actually surprised Wooley doesnt use the n word.

I've raced Formula V at the Glen. Flat Track with bikes. I'm hip about karts. Is that your wife in the picture? Sure looks familiar from that angle.

As a sales guy, I try to speak to the audience using the local vernacular. . if I was a gun club skeet shoot in Tennessee I'd say nigger like everyone else. But I'd never attend a skeet shoot in Tenn for that reason.

I'd benefit from some detail in what you mean by "same element and their ilk". Be specific.
    Phuck off

I'm actually surprised Wooley doesnt use the n word.
    It's hilarious that he can take the side of the argument that I usually agree with and cause me to root for the other guy. What a dumbfuck.

I think he was using that word to try to make a point but exactly what it was eludes me.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think he was using that word to try to make a point but exactly what it was eludes me.
    He renders most of his points as moot by trying to make a point. 0 stars - would not buy underwear for my curvy wife from him.

Phuck off
    Whew. For a second I thought you might say something unhinged or racist...being your brand and all. This faux profanity thing is refreshing.